Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
maryjane

Thumbs up Dockside Restaurant Alton Bay

Have you tried this place?? great seafood open year round
maryjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:20 AM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Good food, good service, a short but very good menu. Great soups, good specials, a place worth the trip to eat. Somewhat limited parking during their busiest times, but this time of year on street parking towards gillen Marine is usually available. by boat, about a 5-7 minute walk from the town docks, past the busy corner store, over the bridge and on the east side of Rte 28A & Rte 11 intersection.

Last edited by upthesaukee; 10-08-2004 at 03:29 PM.
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:39 AM   #3
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Nothing fancy.....but..

the clam chowder is wonderful. the place has been around forever. Formerly called the "Mary Jane" and the "Myrtle Anne".
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 07:17 AM   #4
pmj

Default well...a little improvement needed in a couple of areas

I have to say that I think they should beef up their house salad a bit...very small and not the freshest always and when i asked for a veggie instead of potatoe I was told no. That was disappointing..although i have no complaint about the service or entree quality.

pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:58 AM   #5
Mee-n-Mac

Thumbs up Try the fish

I would agree w/McDude, nothing fancy but the food is good. I've had the sirloin ($13.99) and it was fine. Others have had, on multiple occasions, the haddock sandwich and rated it very highly. It was huge and I'm told, fresh and cooked perfectly.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2004, 11:59 AM   #6
Zee

It's a great place to go by snowmobile. The hot soup, sandwich and cocoa (or beer) is the pause that refreshes. There is plenty of sled parking just across the street.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #7
trfour

Thumbs up Dockside, and Alton Bay.

Family, friends and I have no complaints about the food and service here as well, all four seasons, over the years.... If by boat, the short walk is good, keeps those sea legs in check.

A little side note, if I may.
There are so many wonderful events going on in Alton Bay, from fireworks, craft fairs, music and the winter airport on The Bay! Nice place to be 365-24-7, and to know where to get some great food!
Thank you all!

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts
Default Dockside Changes Hands

According to the Feb. 9th "Baysider" (why it takes them three weeks to mail the paper to Mass is beyond me...?) the Dockside changed hands on February 8th. This local institution was sold to Dan Chiavacci by Linda Daggett and Buddy Peterson. Best of luck to Dan! Peterson said that for him it was time to retire.

"If its not broke, don't fix it," Chiavacci said, "I'd be tarred and feathered and run out of town if I made any significant changes."

I might suggest one small change however, Replace the seating in the booths so that your ass doesn't hit the floor when you sit down!!
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #9
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude
"If its not broke, don't fix it," Chiavacci said, "I'd be tarred and feathered and run out of town if I made any significant changes."

I might suggest one small change however, Replace the seating in the booths so that your ass doesn't hit the floor when you sit down!!
Sounds like he needs to add a hitching post outside for donkeys. That would keep them outside and prevent them from hitting the floor when you sit down.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
polarisman14

I just wanted to bump this thread up to the top as it hasn't had much activity in a while. We came from Tuftonboro last night on our way back to Gilmanton around 8:30 and were looking for someplace quick and easy to hit for dinner on the way home. Wolfeboro was super crowded so we passed through there and came across Dockside on the way through route 28. It wasn't crowded at all as they close at 9pm (I think, they were starting to close up shop as we were finishing our meal) but there was a mid-'60s Corvette Stingray parked out in front so I figured it was worth a shot...It looked perfect sitting there so I had to poke around .

I got the fish tacos--I'm not usually a big pico-de-gallo fan but these were cooked perfectly and the ranchero sauce really set them off. Fries were also cooked well and plentiful. My wife got the caprese panini which was also very good as was the steak tip salad on baby spinach, candied walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles, and strawberries with raspberry vinagrette that my friend ordered. Prices were very fair especially for lakefront dining and service was friendly and efficient.

We'll definitely be back.

To Tow: 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL
To Float: 1977 MFG Gypsy Star 17 O/B
polarisman14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polarisman14 For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #11
Oletimer

Talking GWC-donkeys.

Good one GWC-had a good laugh on that one.Thanks.
Oletimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #12
GBGX2

Default A great restaurant in Alton!

My wife and I eat here all the time (it is a mile from our home). The service is great, the food is always consistent and the Fried Haddock Sandwich is second to none anywhere..... My wife loves the Fish Tacos but I never can get by the haddock ! ...The prices are extremely reasonable and the wine pour is robust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisman14 View Post
I just wanted to bump this thread up to the top as it hasn't had much activity in a while. We came from Tuftonboro last night on our way back to Gilmanton around 8:30 and were looking for someplace quick and easy to hit for dinner on the way home. Wolfeboro was super crowded so we passed through there and came across Dockside on the way through route 28. It wasn't crowded at all as they close at 9pm (I think, they were starting to close up shop as we were finishing our meal) but there was a mid-'60s Corvette Stingray parked out in front so I figured it was worth a shot...It looked perfect sitting there so I had to poke around .

I got the fish tacos--I'm not usually a big pico-de-gallo fan but these were cooked perfectly and the ranchero sauce really set them off. Fries were also cooked well and plentiful. My wife got the caprese panini which was also very good as was the steak tip salad on baby spinach, candied walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles, and strawberries with raspberry vinagrette that my friend ordered. Prices were very fair especially for lakefront dining and service was friendly and efficient.

We'll definitely be back.
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:32 PM   #13
GBGX2

Default Dockside Restaurant is back open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post
My wife and I eat here all the time (it is a mile from our home). The service is great, the food is always consistent and the Fried Haddock Sandwich is second to none anywhere..... My wife loves the Fish Tacos but I never can get by the haddock ! ...The prices are extremely reasonable and the wine pour is robust!
We had dinner there tonight! What I said last year holds true this year...extremely consistent with the owner always there! Great food and service!
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote