Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2024, 11:09 AM   #33
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
As of this morning, Winnipesaukee is just about at "Full Pool". It has taken 3 weeks to get rid of the excess water. The mean level for this date is about 2" less. So the lake is just about where it typically is for this date. There is only about 1/3 inch of rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. I would expect the Lakeport Dam operators to lower the output, which is currently 1550 CFS, to allow the downstream lakes, which are still quite high, to drop a bit.
My guess is the current rate of outflow will continue until the lake hits the mean level.... That is the level they aim for because it gives them a decent guardband to work with moving forward.... Hopefully that will happen sometime this week... Now the question become how much can they throttle back the outflow and still keep that level...... hopefully they can get it to a point that allows the lakes down stream to fall as well....