Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Winnigirl83

Default Used to be willow's; now Michael's?

Has anyone been here yet? I drove by yesterday and saw an "open" flag. I pulled into the lot to check it out and the sign told me they're not open Sundays or Mondays, so I went along my merry ol' way.
I'm very curious. I know there was another thread that the owners of Good Fellas moved here, but I'm curious if anyone has tried it and how it is.
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
soxie

Default Michael's is great

My boyfriend and I stopped there last week. The dining room was not opened yet but the upstairs lounge was and they were serving food up there. We were greeted warmly by very friendly staff as well as by the owners who chatted with us for a while. We had a couple of cocktails and ordered food to go so we could be home in time for the Red Sox game. The food was delicious. We had Steak Tips and Fried Seafood dinner. Both were wonderful -especially the fried shrimp. Prices were reasonable. All in all a very pleasant experience and we will definitly be back. This is my first posting on the forum so some of you may be skeptical but I have no relation to the restaurant or owners just a very pleased customer. P.S. I believe the dining room was opening this week.
soxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #3
AC2717

Default I was there on Friday Night

I was there Friday night for the first night the Dining room was open, I was early before 6 so the dining room was dead but the bar room was packed upstairs, the interior is the same as the old willows they did not change a thing. The food was awesome. I had chicken, broc, and fetticine, my true measure of a place with thier Alfredo sauce, that is a tough thing to make! It was a very large plate oblong plate, it was loaded (very full) with goodness, Great food, staff was great, I will be back.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 PM   #4
Winnigirl83

Default Used to be Willow's; now Michael's?

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, I can check it out this weekend.
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
wMw

Default MMMMmmmm

Just got back from an impromptu trip to Michael's. I had the seafood chowder and I will have to go back to have it again (and again...). My friend had the seafood alfredo and she was in heaven and will probably be there again when she heats up the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The waitress said that they were planning on staying open through the winter. Hope they do well. We certainly will feast there again!

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #6
ILoveWinnipesaukee

Default where is this wonderful place

I am sort of new to the area, well not really, been coming up for summers off and on for 50 years, am coming up in October, as stated in another post, and after reading the great posts here, would love to know the address of this great place.
ILoveWinnipesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Resident 2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWinnipesaukee View Post
......after reading the great posts here, would love to know the address of this great place.
Michael's is on the corner of Endicott St. (Rt.11B) and Lucerne Ave. in Laconia. It is about 100 yards from the Weirs Channel between the Weirs Channel and the go-kart track.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote