Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
mad maxx

Thumbs up Michaels in the weirs

Went to michaels last weekend staff was great, food was excellent, (try the stuffed musrooms & scallops wrapped in bacon best i've ever had).Our dinner was great my wife loved her filet (cooked perfect). After dinner played some pool they just installed tables. Over all a great night our new favorite. Any one else been here lately?

Last edited by mad maxx; 12-09-2008 at 08:49 PM.
mad maxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
soxie

Thumbs up

We go once a week and looove this restaurant. The food is delicious the atmosphere warm and friendly and the prices extremely reasonable. I honestly don't know why more people aren't raving about this place.
soxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #3
pats fan

We tried Michael's shortly after it opened. I had the Chicken Cordon Blue sandwich and my other half had some kind of Chicken Brocolli Ziti type dish. He said his was ok, better at Fratello's and Patricks. I was not terribly impressed with my sandwich. Seemed very much like a frozen patty, not sure if it was or not. Onion rings were not light and crispy like I like them. Oil seemed very heavy and maybe even old. The drinks were very good and the bartender was great. We certainly will go back, just wanted to give them some time to perfect everything.
pats fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Thanks for the reviews, sounds interesting- we love good food and checking new places out. I googled but did not find a website or menu online. Can anyone point me to either?

Where is it exactly and is it snowmobilable (new word for the day)?

Nice to find a place with some tables, are they decent and relatively spread out?

Sorry for all the ???s
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #5
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Thanks for the reviews, sounds interesting- we love good food and checking new places out. I googled but did not find a website or menu online. Can anyone point me to either?

Where is it exactly and is it snowmobilable (new word for the day)?

Nice to find a place with some tables, are they decent and relatively spread out?

Sorry for all the ???s
It's where the old Willows was at the Weirs. The same complex that the Weirs post office is in, and right next to the Weirs Beach fire station.

I believe you can snowmobile there, and yes, the seating is spread out over two floors. Very comfortable place.
________
Vaporizer reviews

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #6
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish mist View Post
It's where the old Willows was at the Weirs. The same complex that the Weirs post office is in, and right next to the Weirs Beach fire station.

I believe you can snowmobile there, and yes, the seating is spread out over two floors. Very comfortable place.
Oh OK, thanks! Now I remember, these are the folks that moved from Laconia
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
wMw

I visited Michael's with a friend shortly after they opened and was pleasantly surprised. The food was very good, especially the seafood chowder. When we find time to go out to eat we will be going there again.

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
jacka82942

Smile michaels

Had a great meal last night. Excellent bacon wrapped scallops appetizer. My wife had stuffed chicken breast which was great as was my stuffed haddock. Portions were huge.
Spoke with Michael. very friendly. Says all ingredients fresh and no big frozen food locker. Family business.been in restaurant business for 60 years. originally from Chelsea, mass.
Try it, you'll be pleased
jacka82942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:35 AM   #9
AC2717

Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacka82942 View Post
Had a great meal last night. Excellent bacon wrapped scallops appetizer. My wife had stuffed chicken breast which was great as was my stuffed haddock. Portions were huge.
Spoke with Michael. very friendly. Says all ingredients fresh and no big frozen food locker. Family business.been in restaurant business for 60 years. originally from Chelsea, mass.
Try it, you'll be pleased
His father had a sub shop in Chelsea across from the Police station and high school, was in business for years, Great guy with a great family, everyone except his kids works in the restaurants, he supports a lot of people. Great guy, I miss the Chicken Broccoli Alfredo, it has been months since I have last been up there!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #10
mad maxx

Smile Returned to Michael's

Returned to Michael's to see if it would be just as good again and was not let down by any means.Great service, great drinks (killer Martini!), Awesome food ,my wife had a mixed seafood grill was unbelievable, and the prime rib just as good. They told us they may be starting sunday brunch if the customers want it. I hope they are here to stay, great addition to our restaurants in the area!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
kjbathe

Default Mixed Review

We went to Michael's last Friday night and were excited based on the reviews. However, we had a mixed experience. The wait staff were disheveled and seemingly disorganized as it took a long time for our drink orders to be taken and even longer to be delivered. During the wait, we noticed how cold it was in the restaurant and as I contemplated putting my jacket on, I counted 5 of the 25 other patrons already wearing theirs. I thought they were getting ready to go, but they were still wrapping up their meals. Turn on the heat.

At one point my wife and I wondered if we were in an episode of Kitchen Nightmares as we sat waiting for the staff to re-emerge and recalled the episode where a failed restaurant owner took his old menu and menus to new location with stickers over the old name. They really should get new menu covers to replace the Michael's stickers peeling off the old Willows menus underneath.

My wife ordered a glass of White Zin, but they were out of White Zin. (On a Friday night?) We ordered our meals and the waitress came back twice to confirm the side orders. Then she came back a third time to report they were out of cream and could not make the Alfredo I had ordered. I tried to make light of it by asking how long they had been open. When she replied, "I think August", I refrained from saying, "It might be time to re-stock."

We waited the better part of a half hour for our food to come out and we didn't have appetizers. In the interim, the waitress did find the last of a White Zin bottle and gave us the almost full glass on the house. We couldn't figure out why we were waiting so long for the food given that there was only one other party of two waiting for their meals along with us. We wondered how long it would take on busy night.

When the food did arrive, my Maui Wowee sandwich and homemade chips were excellent. I appreciated being able to order off the lunch menu at that point. My wife's steak and chicken combo was quite good (steak better than the chicken) and my daughter's homemade mac-n-cheese was fantastic, and also explained where all the cream had gone. Yeah, I'm raving over mac-n-cheese, but it was excellent!

When it was all done, we left feeling just "OK" about the experience. Running out of the "staples" was not good. We appreciated the effort and complimentary drink after the fact and it was hard to tell if they were under- or just incorrectly- staffed. But the food was excellent. Usually it's the other way around, but if they can clean up the details on the front of the house and move the food along faster, it will be an excellent place to dine frequently.

We'll go back at some point, but likely after I see the Sysco truck go by heating season is done.
kjbathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #12
mad maxx

WE were there friday night as well and they were shorthanded ( waitress told us ). However our meal was great as always.I've noticed sometimes when we are in the dining area you cant see what's going on in the lounge so they don't seem as busy, but upstairs holds another 120 people.We noticed once when going up after to play pool.The next time we went in we asked if it was busy upstairs so we knew what to expect.We have never had a BAD experience but friday they were off a little (these things happen) they are still our new favorite restaurant as the food is always great. So kjbathe give them another go if this was the only time you have been in we think you will be happy!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
sum-r breeze

Default Michael's on Saturday Night

We've been driving by for a while we kept telling each other "We have to try that place." On Saturday night, we finally did. What a great experience! We were seated right away, we ordered appetizers and drinks to start. I had chicken fingers (home made) and my wife had shrimp cocktail (very fresh).
Pinot and Captain and Coke, no disappointments there either. We both had different variations of the mixed grill. Steak and Chicken were both tender and very fresh! Michael came by the table to greet us during the meal, he was friendly and very happy to have us. Overall a great dining experience! We will definately be going back and bringing friends with us next time! It's a good location and I think they will build a loyal following fast.

Bon Appetit
The Breeze
Wav 'cuz I'll be wavin back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sum-r breeze For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (02-10-2009)