Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
C-Bass

Default Moultonborough Coronavirus

I see Moultonborough as had cumulative total of 15 cases to date. Second most to Conway in the county and not far behind Gilford/Laconia area. Conway and gilford/laconia area I understand being a more urban environment. Moultonborough I would think would be more on par with Tuftonboro and Sandwich. Any word around town on what has driven the cases up? Maybe the apartment complex in town?? Just curious if anyone knows.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Newbiesaukee

I have no idea and don’t know the word around town ( or how reliable that is).

But I suspect the numbers of cumulative cases is so small that it is difficult to come up with what would be a statistically, scientific conclusion that Moultonborough is much worse off than other areas you mention. I hope we don’t get into a discussion of which group is causing this when there may not be a REAL difference in M’boros rate.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
Dhuberty24 (09-03-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 09:12 AM   #3
Jdarby

I would really like to understand the context of the number. Are these full time residents who have tested positive or are these visitors who were residing in the town when they became symptomatic? If they are visitors, their exposure could have happened in their home state and they were already infected but not yet symptomatic by the time they arrived. We’ve been watching the number closely as we have a high-risk disabled son. There did “appear” to be a spike once things began to open and we hit the height of the tourist season. Whether or not that spike is statistically significant I can’t say. Also, as I said who does the number actually represent? Regardless, we can all be thankful the numbers are so low here.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post:
JEEPONLY (08-21-2020), Newbiesaukee (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 12:18 PM   #4
gwhite13

The numbers here can be very misleading. Anyone staying in Moultonborough (or any town) as a visitor or non-resident, who tests positive, their test results will not be added to the town caseload. It will be reported back to their home town. I have always felt it should be known to both locations. Recording and stats need to be resolved by others. Point is if you test positive the people nearby should be informed somehow. IMHO
Old 08-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #5
C-Bass

I think the positive numbers are always relayed back to your home state. So if you get sick in Moultonborough, get tested up here, but you live in Boston, it gets marked as a positive case for Boston.

Another interesting stat I would be curious to know is how many people test positive but have no symptoms.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2020, 12:32 PM   #6
DEJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass View Post
Another interesting stat I would be curious to know is how many people test positive but have no symptoms.
The answer would not support the narrative.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 08-21-2020, 01:39 PM   #7
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bass View Post
I think the positive numbers are always relayed back to your home state. So if you get sick in Moultonborough, get tested up here, but you live in Boston, it gets marked as a positive case for Boston.

You may well be correct; but I can’t find anywhere that supports the answer. The numbers you reported earlier are from the New Hampshire State website...but despite a lot of Covid 19 info, I could not find any specific information to support any speculation. The data reference is to “residents”; but it does not really define that.

I don’t believe that there is a concerted effort in NH to test a random sample to answer the question about asymptomatic carriers. Almost everyone tested is tested because of some symptoms.

There are some data about asymptomatic carriers but probably best not to go too far afield and try to stick to NH.

The Following User Says Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post:
ApS (08-21-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #8
ApS

Lightbulb Huggins Drive-Through is Open for Business...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
You may well be correct; but I can’t find anywhere that supports the answer. The numbers you reported earlier are from the New Hampshire State website...but despite a lot of Covid 19 info, I could not find any specific information to support any speculation. The data reference is to “residents”; but it does not really define that.

I don’t believe that there is a concerted effort in NH to test a random sample to answer the question about asymptomatic carriers. Almost everyone tested is tested because of some symptoms.

There are some data about asymptomatic carriers but probably best not to go too far afield and try to stick to NH.
Appointments are necessary for testing at Huggins. I've asked family members, driving here from California this week, to be tested.

I suspect they'll be screened and accepted for testing.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:25 AM   #9
iw8surf

We should by default just blame the seasonal residents and assume they brought it with them to infect our home state! They really should be held liable!
Old 08-25-2020, 12:35 PM   #10
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Appointments are necessary for testing at Huggins. I've asked family members, driving here from California this week, to be tested.

I suspect they'll be screened and accepted for testing.
If they tested positive ( I hope not, of course) would they be counted as NH cases? I don’t know the answer.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #11
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Town by Town Numbers

I have been finding this information quite valuable:

Town by Town Corona Virus Update
Old 08-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #12
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
I have been finding this information quite valuable:

Town by Town Corona Virus Update
Reviewing the state-wide infection statistics, while the overall number of cases is rather low, it looks like all, or substantially all, of the state's cities and towns have had at least one case reported.

That implies the virus is pretty much everywhere.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:25 PM   #13
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Default Meredith School District

1 day!

A staff member with a fever has closed the elementary school- per administration.
Only staff has attended school, so far.

1 day!
Old 08-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #14
WinnisquamZ

Guessing that individual did not wait the 14 days as suggested

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 08-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #15
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
1 day!

A staff member with a fever has closed the elementary school- per administration.
Only staff has attended school, so far.

1 day!
Bummer. My son is a teacher in Mass, about to start in person. One thing left unsaid is the stress that all this uncertainty--not knowing how long in person will last--puts on the teachers and kids. They can't get a picture in their heads of how even the next few days will play out.
Old 08-27-2020, 09:31 PM   #16
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Bummer. My son is a teacher in Mass, about to start in person. One thing left unsaid is the stress that all this uncertainty--not knowing how long in person will last--puts on the teachers and kids. They can't get a picture in their heads of how even the next few days will play out.
It's horrible, for sure. We're supposed to be in school Monday to start training, and I have no idea what I'm teaching, where I'm teaching, or whom I'm teaching. Add to that the various *potential* schedules, and it's chaos.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app