Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
bigdog

Default Pellet Stove Question ?

I have a Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon OE (Original Edition), I am the second owner.
I just installed a new Control box, and started the stove, which started right up!

Stove whet through normal cycling, and after about 10 min of operation the 'combustion blower' is suppose to kick on ! The combustion blower is the blower which pushes the warm air into the room.

Well, at the time the blower was to kick-in, we heard a loud 'pop', then the stove shut down, like I flipped a switch !

After trouble-shooting, I found an in-line fuse circuit breaker on the back of the stove that appears to be the culprit. The fuse holder contains a 5 Amp AGC glass fuse, but what I noticed and dumb-founded, was when I pulled apart the fuse holder, I found that the fuse was wrapped with aluminum foil ? WT* ?
Anyway, I discarded the aluminum foil around the fuse and checked the fuse element, which was totally destroyed !

Why would anyone in their right mind, wrap any fuse in aluminum foil, for what purpose ? That seems like a dangerous thing to do, which could potentially cause short-circuit, and maybe a fire !

Anyway, I have a new fuse to replace, and will install w/o the aluminum foil.
Will report back with results.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated !!!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote