Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2020, 07:10 AM   #1
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default Size doesn't matter...

I know...his house is bigger too...sigh. Name:  20200529_070031.jpeg
Views: 2808
Size:  147.2 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #2
webmaster
Moderator
 
webmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,294
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 389
Thanked 3,235 Times in 733 Posts
Default

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...ad.php?t=24439

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...d.php?p=311666
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 5,139
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 1,889
Thanked 1,673 Times in 929 Posts
Default Valet?

Is that valet parking?

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:52 AM   #4
Paugus Bay Resident
Senior Member
 
Paugus Bay Resident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Gilmanton, NH
Posts: 730
Thanks: 125
Thanked 87 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Bet the little guy gets used more
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident View Post
Bet the little guy gets used more
Sure does...my commuter boat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2020, 10:33 AM   #6
iw8surf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 176
Thanks: 12
Thanked 87 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Id like to just live on that boat for the summer... Give me WiFi and Ill work from the boat too!
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:02 AM   #7
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 1,173
Thanked 729 Times in 456 Posts
Default

I guess more people are social distancing on their tractors. I know I have been. 😀

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:13 AM   #8
Taz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 310
Thanks: 2
Thanked 64 Times in 42 Posts
Default

The crane was there to launch it yesterday. Silver Sands can't launch it. The owner needs to hire a crane!
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:41 AM   #9
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,867
Thanks: 236
Thanked 671 Times in 400 Posts
Default

Seems like such a waste to keep that thing land-locked on a lake where you can't legally anchor overnight and where there are no transient slips it will fit in. Goes against everything I love about cruising.

I like to think I get around pretty good in my boat, but I was humbled last year when I shared an overnight anchorage on the Maine mid-coast (Port Clyde) with some folks that had just cruised there from Europe. They probably feel the same way about my boat as I feel about the boat in the photo...
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave R For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (05-29-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #10
FlyingScot
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Tuftonboro and Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,056
Thanks: 617
Thanked 451 Times in 269 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Seems like such a waste to keep that thing land-locked on a lake where you can't legally anchor overnight and where there are no transient slips it will fit in. Goes against everything I love about cruising.

I like to think I get around pretty good in my boat, but I was humbled last year when I shared an overnight anchorage on the Maine mid-coast (Port Clyde) with some folks that had just cruised there from Europe. They probably feel the same way about my boat as I feel about the boat in the photo...
Agreed. It is a GORGEOUS boat, but I can't see it being worth the hassle on our little lake.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:53 AM   #11
Biggd
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waltham Ma./Meredith NH
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 1,173
Thanked 729 Times in 456 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Agreed. It is a GORGEOUS boat, but I can't see it being worth the hassle on our little lake.
I agree, but he has a successful business so I'm sure it's for business use only.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:54 AM   #12
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

I posted this picture 'cause it struck me kinda funny that the largest boat on the lake was in the same frame as one of the smallest! Is it too big for the lake? Probably. Does it effect me? Nope! My wife thinks it's ridiculous that I've filled the house with speakers and subwoofers, but that's my "thing"...it makes me happy. I think it's ridiculous that she spends hundreds of dollars on flowers for the deck ( they'll all be dead in 5 months), but that's HER " thing"...it makes her happy. We all have " things" that seem ridiculous to some, but normal to us, so be nice! That is all! ;-)
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
thinkxingu (05-30-2020), VitaBene (07-22-2020)
Old 05-30-2020, 11:39 AM   #13
salty dog
Senior Member
 
salty dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beverly Cove, Ma
Posts: 335
Thanks: 265
Thanked 138 Times in 73 Posts
Default

Definitely a lot of boat. A bit of overkill for Winni. All the amenities of home!
I'll tell you one thing we have with our Xcursion 23C that the Galeon doesn't;
about 40 GPH less fuel burn!


I posted this on my channel from last summer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BGl91sdX2k
__________________
I'd rather be relax'n at Winnipesaukee
salty dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #14
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,120
Thanks: 544
Thanked 986 Times in 690 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
I posted this picture 'cause it struck me kinda funny that the largest boat on the lake was in the same frame as one of the smallest! Is it too big for the lake? Probably. Does it effect me? Nope! My wife thinks it's ridiculous that I've filled the house with speakers and subwoofers, but that's my "thing"...it makes me happy. I think it's ridiculous that she spends hundreds of dollars on flowers for the deck ( they'll all be dead in 5 months), but that's HER " thing"...it makes her happy. We all have " things" that seem ridiculous to some, but normal to us, so be nice! That is all! ;-)
It struck me funny too-the first time I saw it and it still does!
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #15
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Here is the " little Whaler " replacement...keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the " your boat is too long for your slip" email from management!

Name:  20200720_194218.jpeg
Views: 1944
Size:  140.2 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #16
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,975
Thanks: 1,873
Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default Beautiful

Awesome boat Steve! Perfect island boat!

Good luck with her!

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:12 AM   #17
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,980
Thanks: 1,375
Thanked 578 Times in 406 Posts
Arrow Ask Any Canoeist...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Seems like such a waste to keep that thing land-locked on a lake where you can't legally anchor overnight and where there are no transient slips it will fit in. Goes against everything I love about cruising.

I like to think I get around pretty good in my boat, but I was humbled last year when I shared an overnight anchorage on the Maine mid-coast (Port Clyde) with some folks that had just cruised there from Europe. They probably feel the same way about my boat as I feel about the boat in the photo...
Now that giant wakes are imperiling Lake Winnipesaukee's shorelines and water quality, that legal restriction has turned out to be essential.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:19 AM   #18
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Awesome boat Steve! Perfect island boat!

Good luck with her!

Dan
Thanks Dan! Bought her from a brokerage who had little knowledge of the boat, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to work all the " stuff " on my own!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #19
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 2,248
Thanks: 1,473
Thanked 736 Times in 435 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Thanks Dan! Bought her from a brokerage who had little knowledge of the boat, so I'm gonna have to figure out how to work all the " stuff " on my own!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Nice boats! I was looking hard at the C-Dory boats for replacing my toon.
One thing I read about is the plastic fuel tanks expanding and contracting Over time...Im sure you know this though. Good luck with C-Nile!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #20
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Nice boats! I was looking hard at the C-Dory boats for replacing my toon.
One thing I read about is the plastic fuel tanks expanding and contracting Over time...Im sure you know this though. Good luck with C-Nile!
I did research as well and discovered that. Boat was delivered with full tanks, but probably will keep them only half full...these look good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (07-22-2020)
Old 07-22-2020, 09:41 PM   #21
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,664
Thanks: 122
Thanked 457 Times in 280 Posts
Default

She may make you pull all of your speakers out of the house and install them in the boat.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:44 PM   #22
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
She may make you pull all of your speakers out of the house and install them in the boat.
Nah...too many people enjoy the house system...the boat will get it's own system!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:47 PM   #23
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 3,308
Thanks: 1,408
Thanked 1,486 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Nice boat Steve! What is it powered with?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:53 PM   #24
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

90 hp Yamaha outboard...planes at 9 / 10 mph and is supposed to be very fuel efficient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 09:57 PM   #25
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,975
Thanks: 1,873
Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
90 hp Yamaha outboard...planes at 9 / 10 mph and is supposed to be very fuel efficient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Whats the length and beam width Steve? Guessing around 22 long?

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 05:41 AM   #26
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Whats the length and beam width Steve? Guessing around 22 long?

Dan
The length is 22 feet, and the beam 7' 8". I'm curious to see how it will handle the " rough weekend seas" of Winni. V in the bow, but flat in the stern...I've never driven a boat that planes so quickly and easily!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:58 AM   #27
Barney Bear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 963
Thanks: 495
Thanked 271 Times in 173 Posts
Default The Curious Want To Know

Do the cats and Charolette approve of this new floating cat house and dog house? 🐻
Barney Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:25 AM   #28
MDoug
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 289
Thanks: 99
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default C Dory

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
The length is 22 feet, and the beam 7' 8". I'm curious to see how it will handle the " rough weekend seas" of Winni. V in the bow, but flat in the stern...I've never driven a boat that planes so quickly and easily!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Our 22 ft C Dory does ok with rough water as long as we hit the big rollers at 45 degrees or so.
Perfect island boat, great in cold weather with the Wallas stove
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:29 AM   #29
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Bear View Post
Do the cats and Charolette approve of this new floating cat house and dog house?
Charlotte seems to enjoy it...likes riding in the v berth. Cats? Ehh...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #30
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoug View Post
Our 22 ft C Dory does ok with rough water as long as we hit the big rollers at 45 degrees or so.
Perfect island boat, great in cold weather with the Wallas stove
Is yours at y landing? Peeked at that one along with the new one they had there before I bought this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:22 AM   #31
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,975
Thanks: 1,873
Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
The length is 22 feet, and the beam 7' 8". I'm curious to see how it will handle the " rough weekend seas" of Winni. V in the bow, but flat in the stern...I've never driven a boat that planes so quickly and easily!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I bet it handles rough water just fine! The C Dory has a semi-displacement hull similar to my Eastern. VERY fuel efficient! This type of hull takes a little bit of getting used to especially if your coming from a deep V style boat. In rough water it's trim down, throttle down and let the hull do its job. You don't want to expose the flat bottom to rough waves.

As time goes by please report back and let us know your thoughts. I am quite interested. Personally I think you will love it once you get used to it...

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #32
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I bet it handles rough water just fine! The C Dory has a semi-displacement hull similar to my Eastern. VERY fuel efficient! This type of hull takes a little bit of getting used to especially if your coming from a deep V style boat. In rough water it's trim down, throttle down and let the hull do its job. You don't want to expose the flat bottom to rough waves.

As time goes by please report back and let us know your thoughts. I am quite interested. Personally I think you will love it once you get used to it...
Sea trial was in Penobscott Bay... I could feel some slap from the back of the hull but I was trimmed up. I thought that trimming down might work better by putting more of the vee in the water when the lake gets rough... I will certainly experiment!
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (07-23-2020), VitaBene (07-28-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 09:49 AM   #33
gillygirl
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 501
Thanks: 641
Thanked 218 Times in 134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Here is the " little Whaler " replacement...keeping my fingers crossed I don't get the " your boat is too long for your slip" email from management!Attachment 16241

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Hey, who’s in the carrier?


Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
__________________
GG
gillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:58 AM   #34
BoatHouse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Thanks: 119
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default Boat Size

During 4th of July weekend, I was waiting to dock at the Wolfeboro public docks. I am very familiar with the docks and can usually get a spot even on the busiest days within 15-20 minutes.

There were 2-3 boats in front of me and I was patiently waiting my turn. I had 4 adults and 6 kids on the boat looking to get lunch. That is when the guy in front of me turned and and said "Hey, you have a little boat, why don't you take that spot on the right"? I said, "Who you calling little? You should see my anchor!"

After my guests stopped laughing at me, I proceeded to take the little spot on the dock and go to lunch.

Has anyone else been shamed like this in front of you family and guests while docking at the public docks around the lake? How did you handle it? Should I have taken down their reg number and notified Marine patrol of the Boat shaming?

For reference, I have a Cobalt 220S. Not the biggest boat on the lake, but certainly not the smallest. LOL
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoatHouse For This Useful Post:
Jdarby (07-23-2020), VitaBene (07-28-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #35
ishoot308
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gilford, NH / Welch Island
Posts: 4,975
Thanks: 1,873
Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,531 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
During 4th of July weekend, I was waiting to dock at the Wolfeboro public docks. I am very familiar with the docks and can usually get a spot even on the busiest days within 15-20 minutes.

There were 2-3 boats in front of me and I was patiently waiting my turn. I had 4 adults and 6 kids on the boat looking to get lunch. That is when the guy in front of me turned and and said "Hey, you have a little boat, why don't you take that spot on the right"? I said, "Who you calling little? You should see my anchor!"

After my guests stopped laughing at me, I proceeded to take the little spot on the dock and go to lunch.

Has anyone else been shamed like this in front of you family and guests while docking at the public docks around the lake? How did you handle it? Should I have taken down their reg number and notified Marine patrol of the Boat shaming?

For reference, I have a Cobalt 220S. Not the biggest boat on the lake, but certainly not the smallest. LOL
You aren't serious are you??

I would of thanked that person in the other boat for being so kind and understanding and for realizing that spot was probably better suited for you than for him. Certainly no shaming there...

Dan
__________________
It's Always Sunny On Welch Island!!
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
GTO (07-23-2020), Top-Water (07-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 11:20 AM   #36
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
hey, whos in the carrier?


sent from my ipad using winnipesaukee forum mobile app
there are so many i lose track! :-) actually it was empty... Brought it out to safely extricate the kitties!
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:24 AM   #37
BoatHouse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 70
Thanks: 119
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
You aren't serious are you??

I would of thanked that person in the other boat for being so kind and understanding and for realizing that spot was probably better suited for you than for him. Certainly no shaming there...

Dan
I am serious that he said it. And yes, you are correct. I thanked him for letting me take the open spot. It was funny that he said I had a little boat.
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:28 PM   #38
LoveLakeLife
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 92
Thanks: 36
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Default

How was lunch in Wolfeboro? Did you finish with ice cream or the Yum Yum shop or both?


Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (07-27-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #39
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 2,402
Thanks: 701
Thanked 875 Times in 545 Posts
Default Wolfeboro courtesy

Sold 5-6 years ago, but we used to have a 37' flybridge cruiser. From the bridge it was a lot easier to see inside spaces and advise smaller boats of availability that they couldn't see. Nobody took offense at the size of their boat, and would allow us to back into the end of the dock so we would only use 20'-24' of actual dock. Mostly, everybody was friendly and worked together regardless of who was first in line. Can't imagine why the OP felt shamed.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #40
Jdarby
Senior Member
 
Jdarby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Long Island
Posts: 90
Thanks: 91
Thanked 42 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
During 4th of July weekend, I was waiting to dock at the Wolfeboro public docks. I am very familiar with the docks and can usually get a spot even on the busiest days within 15-20 minutes.

There were 2-3 boats in front of me and I was patiently waiting my turn. I had 4 adults and 6 kids on the boat looking to get lunch. That is when the guy in front of me turned and and said "Hey, you have a little boat, why don't you take that spot on the right"? I said, "Who you calling little? You should see my anchor!"

After my guests stopped laughing at me, I proceeded to take the little spot on the dock and go to lunch.

Has anyone else been shamed like this in front of you family and guests while docking at the public docks around the lake? How did you handle it? Should I have taken down their reg number and notified Marine patrol of the Boat shaming?

For reference, I have a Cobalt 220S. Not the biggest boat on the lake, but certainly not the smallest. LOL
Ahhhh....the joys of a “small” boat! Getting families to lunch faster for hundreds of years!
Jdarby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (07-27-2020), VitaBene (07-28-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #41
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Nice boats! I was looking hard at the C-Dory boats for replacing my toon.
One thing I read about is the plastic fuel tanks expanding and contracting Over time...Im sure you know this though. Good luck with C-Nile!
This might be the time to look for one. Usually, right after i buy something, the market gets flooded with whatever it was i bought and the prices drop dramatically!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #42
Hillcountry
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: In the hills
Posts: 2,248
Thanks: 1,473
Thanked 736 Times in 435 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
This might be the time to look for one. Usually, right after i buy something, the market gets flooded with whatever it was i bought and the prices drop dramatically!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Ya me too!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:43 PM   #43
MDoug
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 289
Thanks: 99
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default C Dory

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Is yours at y landing? Peeked at that one along with the new one they had there before I bought this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Yep. We bought it through Dave Hamblett in 2006. A wonderful boat
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDoug For This Useful Post:
granitebox (09-23-2020)
Old 07-23-2020, 08:15 PM   #44
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoug View Post
Yep. We bought it through Dave Hamblett in 2006. A wonderful boat
Only other one I've seen on the lake. Are you on an island as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:17 PM   #45
Juiced06GTO
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 105
Thanks: 4
Thanked 39 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I think I saw you puttering around between Bear and Sheps on Saturday late morning? If so the boat looked great!
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:36 PM   #46
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
I think I saw you puttering around between Bear and Sheps on Saturday late morning? If so the boat looked great!
Must have been MDoug...i didn't go any further than Mark all weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:40 PM   #47
MDoug
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 289
Thanks: 99
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default C Dory

May have been the kids you saw. We're stuck in Georgia til the virus is gone or a vaccine becomes available.
Thanks for the compliment to Mikey!
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #48
MDoug
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 289
Thanks: 99
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default C Dory

We have a camp on Bear
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #49
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoug View Post
We have a camp on Bear
Sad you can't come up...been a beautiful summer so far...except for the vacation week i had earlier this month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #50
MDoug
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 289
Thanks: 99
Thanked 35 Times in 32 Posts
Default C Dory

Thanks

Our daughters have managed to cope with camp life without us. They're in their fifties, but I still think of them as kids
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MDoug For This Useful Post:
VitaBene (07-28-2020)
Old 07-27-2020, 09:03 PM   #51
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoug View Post
Thanks

Our daughters have managed to cope with camp life without us. They're in their fifties, but I still think of them as kids
They'll always be kids to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
Tallyho (07-28-2020), VitaBene (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:14 AM   #52
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 3,308
Thanks: 1,408
Thanked 1,486 Times in 754 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatHouse View Post
I am serious that he said it. And yes, you are correct. I thanked him for letting me take the open spot. It was funny that he said I had a little boat.
Certainly not "little" and a nice one too.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #53
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Not as much of a difference compared to the 13 foot Whaler from this past May, but still sizable...at least my " season " is longer! Name:  20200923_065359.jpeg
Views: 625
Size:  114.6 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:49 AM   #54
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7,012
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 224
Thanked 642 Times in 473 Posts
Default

You need to get a $43 Road Pro 12-volt portable car stove to go with your $2000 Wallas kerosene heating and cooking to complete that kitchen. It's an oven for $43 that gets plugged into the cigarette lighter. ...
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #55
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You need to get a $43 Road Pro 12-volt portable car stove to go with your $2000 Wallas kerosene heating and cooking to complete that kitchen. It's an oven for $43 that gets plugged into the cigarette lighter. ...
Do you think you could hook me up with a little 12v countertop icemaker??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:32 AM   #56
pondguy
Senior Member
 
pondguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 51
Thanks: 377
Thanked 90 Times in 70 Posts
Default Amazon

Touch Screen Stainless Steel Countertop Portable Ice Maker Great for Home Office Boat RV Ice Cube Machine
pondguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:20 AM   #57
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondguy View Post
Touch Screen Stainless Steel Countertop Portable Ice Maker Great for Home Office Boat RV Ice Cube Machine
Sweet!! I'll put it next to the wine bar!!
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #58
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 2,402
Thanks: 701
Thanked 875 Times in 545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
Sweet!! I'll put it next to the wine bar!!
Good idea. I thought it was to ice down your fish. My jump box also has 110V outlets. It can be charged from a 12V outlet to keep the 110V going longer.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:54 AM   #59
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 567
Thanks: 36
Thanked 304 Times in 142 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Good idea. I thought it was to ice down your fish. My jump box also has 110V outlets. It can be charged from a 12V outlet to keep the 110V going longer.
To hell with the fish...let 'em get their own ice!
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
Descant (09-24-2020), pondguy (09-23-2020)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.36788 seconds