Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Wildlife
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
ssf

Default Baby Bobcat

I was driving with my family on Rt 28 tonight around 5:15pm, going toward Wolfeboro right after the intersection with 28A when a baby Bobcat ran across 28. He couldn't have been more than 4 to 6 weeks old. He was nearly hit by a car and sat down at the side of the road, shaking and terrified. We turned around to stop and get a picture but he was slowly making his way up the hill at that point, going toward the lake. No mother in sight, but there must be one around. Incredible sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ssf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

So? Where is the dash cam video. I gotta get me one of those new fangled cameras for my truck. I see things crossing the roads all the time like that. Not a Bobcat but that would be cool. Then I could make a video compilation someday.... I wonder how many bobcats are actually in the area.
A few years back I had one park itself on my deck for a little rest.....It looked up at me and just went back to sleep. I was stuck inside for an hour after I took this pic...

Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lakesrider For This Useful Post:
GTO (08-30-2013), Rattlesnake Gal (08-30-2013)
Old 08-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
RLW

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssf View Post
I was driving with my family on Rt 28 tonight around 5:15pm, going toward Wolfeboro right after the intersection with 28A when a baby Bobcat ran across 28. He couldn't have been more than 4 to 6 weeks old. He was nearly hit by a car and sat down at the side of the road, shaking and terrified. We turned around to stop and get a picture but he was slowly making his way up the hill at that point, going toward the lake. No mother in sight, but there must be one around. Incredible sight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ssf, I just noticed that you are fairly new to posting on the forum and glad you have joined us. Have fun and enjoy the Winni Forum while making many new friends.

Isn't great to see the wild life along the sides of the highways and bye ways. We often see deer on the side of the road between Alton circle and Johnsons eatery.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
tis

Thanked 1,378 Times in 954 Posts

THAT is a bobcat? I would go up to that and talk to it thinking it was just a house cat! Thanks for posting, I never would have known they look that much like alike.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
Lakesrider

(Taken from a second floor window. Oh and, "THAT" Bobcat had paws as big as my hands. I think if you would have seen it you wouldn't want to walk right up to it. However they are not as menacing as say a Cougar or Lion. Then again we tend to hear worse stories about those than we do about Bobcats. I did know a girl once that had a few long scars on her arm, and when I asked how she got them she said she had stuck her arm into a cage containing a recently caught Bobcat that was set to be released into the wild. Apparently she tried to pet the thing to calm it down, and the scars were the result of that bad decision.....
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,378 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
(Taken from a second floor window. Oh and, "THAT" Bobcat had paws as big as my hands. I think if you would have seen it you wouldn't want to walk right up to it. However they are not as menacing as say a Cougar or Lion. Then again we tend to hear worse stories about those than we do about Bobcats. I did know a girl once that had a few long scars on her arm, and when I asked how she got them she said she had stuck her arm into a cage containing a recently caught Bobcat that was set to be released into the wild. Apparently she tried to pet the thing to calm it down, and the scars were the result of that bad decision.....
Oh, so it was much bigger than a house cat? The picture doesn't really show that as pictures usually don't.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #7
GTO

Default Location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakesrider View Post
So? Where is the dash cam video. I gotta get me one of those new fangled cameras for my truck. I see things crossing the roads all the time like that. Not a Bobcat but that would be cool. Then I could make a video compilation someday.... I wonder how many bobcats are actually in the area.
A few years back I had one park itself on my deck for a little rest.....It looked up at me and just went back to sleep. I was stuck inside for an hour after I took this pic...

I am sure they are all around but what town was this picture taken in
Old 09-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
Lakesrider

Moultonborough. Suissevale.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
Merrymeeting

My wife claims she saw one on the drive home tonight.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote