Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
sum-r breeze

Default Meredith Bay no wake zone

Just an observation.....The new (longer) no wake zone was pushed by Meredith Marina to ensure the safety of their gas dock staff. They have no gas dock in operation any more. Can we get our shorter no wake zone back?
Thoughts? Don't flame me I'm just wondering how everyone else feels.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
Phantom

I won't Flame you ! ....... the run into Meredith Town docks is now AGONIZINGLY long. Who knew that a silly few hundred extra feet could have such an impact and unless I am forced to will not bother with Meredith by Boat any longer. Too bad, cuz we use to frequent the restaurants there.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:37 PM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I won't Flame you ! ....... the run into Meredith Town docks is now AGONIZINGLY long. Who knew that a silly few hundred extra feet could have such an impact and unless I am forced to will not bother with Meredith by Boat any longer. Too bad, cuz we use to frequent the restaurants there.

If more people feel the same as you then maybe it will shorten the wait time for dock space. So something good could come from it.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Phantom

Not that my vote counts -- but I would be much more in favor of the "blue" line being the NWZ. This gives Meredith Marine some protection as well.

Don't get me wrong, I boated here before the NWZ was in place (know the reasons why) and ultimately think it helps protect boats docked at te Public docks.
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2017, 05:34 PM   #5
bilproject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Same here. Gilford or center harbor for me.
bilproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
Patofnaud

"the run into Meredith Town docks is now AGONIZINGLY long"

Even more so when you are being nice, and 3 different tools zoom past you in the long NWZ to get to the 2 open dock slips on a Friday evening, and you end up sitting in the wind trying to maintain station waiting for a slip for 20 mins before turning around and NWZ'ing it back to NASWA for nachos.
Patofnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #7
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-r breeze View Post
Just an observation.....The new (longer) no wake zone was pushed by Meredith Marina to ensure the safety of their gas dock staff. They have no gas dock in operation any more. Can we get our shorter no wake zone back?
Thoughts? Don't flame me I'm just wondering how everyone else feels.

The Breeze
Hmmm...I get gas there each time I valet out of there. Perhaps they only have the pump on shore working and still waiting for the state to "approve" the ones out at the end of the docks. I'll check next time.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #8
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofnaud View Post
"the run into Meredith Town docks is now AGONIZINGLY long"

Even more so when you are being nice, and 3 different tools zoom past you in the long NWZ to get to the 2 open dock slips on a Friday evening, and you end up sitting in the wind trying to maintain station waiting for a slip for 20 mins before turning around and NWZ'ing it back to NASWA for nachos.
Bingo. I see more boats breaking the no wake law now that the zone is a little larger. In addition, more "tools" are still breaking the law on many other NWZS.
I shake my head out there all the time in disbelief.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
sum-r breeze

Default Clarification?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Hmmm...I get gas there each time I valet out of there. Perhaps they only have the pump on shore working and still waiting for the state to "approve" the ones out at the end of the docks. I'll check next time.
So now I'm confused. Was MM pushing the no wake zone for a "proposed" gas dock that wasn't approved yet? Did they have a gas dock at one time that was rescinded by the state for some reason? Was MM grand standing or exaggerating the conditions in front of Marine Patrol officials, just to get what they were after? I'm just wondering why the zone was approved predicated on a non operational gas dock for the safety of non existent staff out on it.

The Breeze
Old 08-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #10
Hillcountry

Quote:
So now I'm confused. Was MM pushing the no wake zone for a "proposed" gas dock that wasn't approved yet? Did they have a gas dock at one time that was rescinded by the state for some reason? Was MM grand standing or exaggerating the conditions in front of Marine Patrol officials, just to get what they were after? I'm just wondering why the zone was approved predicated on a non operational gas dock for the safety of non existent staff out on it.

The Breeze
they had a working gas dock last year...this season the dock pumps were not operating but im not sure if they're still closed because they fill my tank while it's on the forklift before they splash the boat.
Haven't seen anyone using the gas docks yet either...
Old 08-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #11
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Meredith

I visit Meredith by boat less often. What I notice is the Miss Meredith boat appears to be snubbing the no wake law. Did Maclear get special privilege?
I don't think it is right.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:42 AM   #12
MeredithMan

Default What I was told about gas dock...

As it is quite convenient to me, I popped over to MM gas dock to fill up about a month ago. As I approached, there was a boat at the gas dock, but I did not see their "OPEN" flag, that they have always flown in the past, which I thought was odd, since it was a Friday or Saturday morning in July. Upon docking, one of their worker dudes came out onto the gas dock and said that it was closed. I asked why, and he said that major upgrades, (presumably meaning major $$), would be required to meet environmental regulations, so they have opted to shut it down instead.

For what it's worth, I was also told the same thing at Anchor Marine when they closed up shop a year or more ago, yet the gas dock there is open under East Coast Flightcraft, (ECFC may have brought it up to code, if that was indeed the issue there)
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #13
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
(ECFC may have brought it up to code, if that was indeed the issue there)
East Coast Flight Craft did indeed invest in the upgrades needed

Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 AM   #14
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

We don't go to Meredith anymore--partially because of the NWZ and partially because we drive through on the way to and from camp anyway.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #15
RTTOOL
Banned

Quote:
Bingo. I see more boats breaking the no wake law now that the zone is a little larger. In addition, more "tools" are still breaking the law on many other NWZS.
I shake my head out there all the time in disbelief.
Shaken Not STIRRED
RTTOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:11 PM   #16
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I visit Meredith by boat less often. What I notice is the Miss Meredith boat appears to be snubbing the no wake law. Did Maclear get special privilege?
I don't think it is right.
I called him out on that some time ago...my wife and I were dining at Lago last spring (early season) and he came motoring through the NWZ at quite a clip, obviously creating a nasty wake.
He claimed he was doing something or other I can't recall exactly what and that normally he obeys the NWZ rule...alas, I (and others) have seen him numerous times since, cruising at a clip with NO REGARD to the wake he's causing.
No consequences, no obeying...
Old 08-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #17
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTOOL View Post
Shaken Not STIRRED
Haha...no offense Mr. tool!
Old 08-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #18
sum-r breeze

Default The question begs to be asked....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
As it is quite convenient to me, I popped over to MM gas dock to fill up about a month ago. As I approached, there was a boat at the gas dock, but I did not see their "OPEN" flag, that they have always flown in the past, which I thought was odd, since it was a Friday or Saturday morning in July. Upon docking, one of their worker dudes came out onto the gas dock and said that it was closed. I asked why, and he said that major upgrades, (presumably meaning major $$), would be required to meet environmental regulations, so they have opted to shut it down instead.

For what it's worth, I was also told the same thing at Anchor Marine when they closed up shop a year or more ago, yet the gas dock there is open under East Coast Flightcraft, (ECFC may have brought it up to code, if that was indeed the issue there)
So I ask again...Can we get our old No Wake Zone back?

The Breeze
Old 08-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #19
gwhite13

Once stolen...never returned!
gwhite13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #20
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
We don't go to Meredith anymore--partially because of the NWZ and partially because we drive through on the way to and from camp anyway.

Geeze Louise....the NWZ is not so long that it should be avoided...we're talking a couple minutes here...I still can't understand the all-fired, rush out there on the lake...
Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 PM   #21
Hillcountry

Quote:
So I ask again...Can we get our old No Wake Zone back?

The Breeze
No old, no wake zone for you!! (To quote an old Seinfeld character)
Old 08-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #22
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Geeze Louise....the NWZ is not so long that it should be avoided...we're talking a couple minutes here...I still can't understand the all-fired, rush out there on the lake...
Time is relative. A few minutes in a NWZ, especially when hungry, is like an eternity at a sandbar.

thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:13 PM   #23
Woodsy

Default Unintended Consequences

The issue I have with any of the NWZ's is the washing machine water that results as the boats enter & leave the NWZ... So every time a NWZ gets created or extended, somebody whose boat gets jostled around inevitably gets upset. So they ask to have the NWZ extended further...

Woodsy
Old 08-22-2017, 09:48 PM   #24
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Repeal?

I haven't red the law, but isn't it possible to do a repeal petition?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:03 AM   #25
sum-r breeze

Talking

Quote:
No old, no wake zone for you!! (To quote an old Seinfeld character)
Oh now THAT'S Funny!!
Old 08-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #26
glastron guy

Default gas dock at Meredith Marina

When I was having my boat put in the water last week at Meredith Marina I asked what was going on with the gas docks and they told me they were waiting for the state to approve the repairs before they could reopen.
glastron guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:39 PM   #27
Pine Island Guy

Default Time test...

Quote:
Agreed!

Went into Meredith by boat the other night and timed it from beginning of NWZ to the docks... at a meandering 4kts it took 4 minutes and 40 seconds to a spot at the dock...

I've spent more a lot more time than that waiting in traffic going through the town...

Beautiful weekend so far on the lake, not looking forward to Harvey blowing through tomorrow -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #28
fatlazyless

www.ekalactivitycenter.com/rentals is located between the Inn at Church Point and the Town Docks restaurant; it has something like fifty different paddle boards, single and double kayaks, canoes, and a pontoon pedal boat.

Many of their customers are new, first time paddlers ..... or occasional paddlers who paddle just maybe once on a full moon ......so making the no wake zone a little bigger is probably good for their paddle board, kayak, canoe and pontoon pedal boat safety.

The no wake zone is equal to about 1/5th of one percent, or 0.02% of the lake area........so, go motorboat someplace else on the big lake....... thank you very much ......... and, goodbye.

Question of the day: Do motorboats have the right of way over paddle boards?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-05-2017 at 06:28 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 AM   #29
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Island Guy View Post
Agreed!

Went into Meredith by boat the other night and timed it from beginning of NWZ to the docks... at a meandering 4kts it took 4 minutes and 40 seconds to a spot at the dock...

I've spent more a lot more time than that waiting in traffic going through the town...

Beautiful weekend so far on the lake, not looking forward to Harvey blowing through tomorrow -PIG
It's a busy area, esp on holiday weekends. Safety should be the #1 priority and slowing boats down is the way to do this.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #30
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default big NWZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
It's a busy area, esp on holiday weekends. Safety should be the #1 priority and slowing boats down is the way to do this.
Given that logic, let's make the lake one big NWZ!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #31
Biggd

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Given that logic, let's make the lake one big NWZ!
Ya, that's exactly what I meant!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #32
sum-r breeze

Default Interesting....

Quote:
This doesn't address my first question....If the "no wake" zone was pushed by Meredith Marine to safe guard their Gas Dock staff, and they have no Gas Dock staff; Why do we need such a long no wake zone? Did someone else in the bay USE Meredith Marine to push their agenda? Thoughts?

The Breeze

Last edited by sum-r breeze; 09-25-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #33
Biggd

I just dont see what the big issue is here. So it takes a few minutes longer to get to the docks? I come up the the lake to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city. Slow down and take in the fresh air and the beauty that the the lake offers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 09-05-2017, 04:16 PM   #34
Tyler

Quote:
I just dont see what the big issue is here. So it takes a few minutes longer to get to the docks? I come up the the lake to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city. Slow down and take in the fresh air and the beauty that the the lake offers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I thought you lived on Lake Waukewan?
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #35
Woodsy

BigD...

The question is where does it end? So they extended the NWZ because Meredith Marina was complaining about the boat wakes from boats coming on or getting off plane. So now they essentially passed the buck to the next person up the bay... So soon those people will start complaining... and so on and so on.

It needs to end!

Woodsy
Old 09-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #36
Hillcountry

Quote:
This doesn't address my first question....If the "no wake" zone was pushed by Meredith Marine to safe gaurd their Gas Dock staff, and they have no Gas Dock staff; Why do we need such a long no wake zone? Did someone else in the bay USE Meredith Marine to push their agenda? Thoughts?

The Breeze
If I recall, there were others besides the MM gas attendants involved in pushing the NWZ out.
There is a marina there too (somehow loosely associated with MM) that owns most of the docks. I know last season when getting fuel at the gas dock several times the wakes were so bad I had to hold my tritoon from getting bashed around while waiting for an attendant. Others have mentioned this issue as well.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:24 PM   #37
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,146 Times in 893 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
BigD...

The question is where does it end? So they extended the NWZ because Meredith Marina was complaining about the boat wakes from boats coming on or getting off plane. So now they essentially passed the buck to the next person up the bay... So soon those people will start complaining... and so on and so on.

It needs to end!

Woodsy
Agreed! It is a lake, there will be waves and boat wakes. Learn to live with them.

If the criteria used to determine where no wake zones are necessary is where there are boat wakes that splash the shoreline and rock docked boats then the whole lake will become a no wake zone. Every foot of shoreline would qualify. Someone who has frontage on the Broads could make the same argument as the people in Meredith Bay.

If you want to be on a lake where there are no boat wakes or waves from wind or weather then maybe Winnipesaukee is not the right lake for you!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #38
BlackcatBoater

Went through the new no wake zone the other day for the first time this season... not sure why the complaining about the time. Took maybe 5 more minutes? I was out on the water at 10- back around 7. Can't say I noticed enough to complain. Slow moving boat equals more conversation from me to my fast growing kids. I'm sorry to disagree with most... but I have no problems with it.
BlackcatBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #39
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts

From these postings, it appears the MM gas dock did not have problems until the FIRST NWZ was implemented. Now they have problems because of boats slowing down and dragging large half-throttle wakes as they approach the NWZ?

I know most of us were taught to accelerate and decelerate gradually, but some carry this to an extreme, perhaps, adding to the wake issue?
I only go to Meredith 1 or 2 times per season, so I can't say I'm any authority on either NWZ, just that sometimes we need to be more cautious about what we ask for. You might actually get it.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 09:29 PM   #40
Woodsy

Descant...

That's my point..... SO the folks at Church Landing (Rusty & Co) were able to get the Meredith NWZ pushed up further up the bay (because god forbid Meredith say no to them)... This caused problems for Meredith Marina and others... so they successfully petitioned to get the NWZ extended further up the bay. Soon someone else will be petitioning to extend the NWZ yet again!

It has to stop at some point! It really isn't about the extra 2-3 minutes. It is a cycle that needs to be broken!

Woodsy
Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #41
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Descant...

That's my point..... SO the folks at Church Landing (Rusty & Co) were able to get the Meredith NWZ pushed up further up the bay (because god forbid Meredith say no to them)... This caused problems for Meredith Marina and others... so they successfully petitioned to get the NWZ extended further up the bay. Soon someone else will be petitioning to extend the NWZ yet again!

It has to stop at some point! It really isn't about the extra 2-3 minutes. It is a cycle that needs to be broken! (For Meredith bay anyway)

Woodsy
I would think that the current NWZ Meredith is where it will stay forever.
The reason is that all "commercial" entities are now "protected" by it.
To move it further up the bay would serve no clear purpose other than to appease disgruntled shoreline owners and I believe it would be difficult for any such owners to create enough evidence of damage/danger to make any future changes. This is just my opinion.
And in addition, In my opinion, this "cycle" is broken.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #42
fatlazyless

Default ......no wake zone garage sale!

Say hey there buddy, just looky looky what's happening down at the Meredith Bay no wake zone .......it's an Ekal Activity Center garage sale!

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/equi...288966175.html

Help your local no wake zone business, and help yourself to a stand up paddle board, kayak, canoe, & accessories deal ..... such a deal! Started on September 3.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:54 AM   #43
georgefelt

The whole question of gas dock problems at the marina is irrelevant and was never a driver of the change in that NWZ. Bay Shore Yacht Club is the entity that holds all the docks by the Meredith Marina. This is a dockominium association - to join, buy a dock. Full disclosure - I am a member. At annual meetings it became apparent that the biggest complaint of boaters who dock there was the heavy rock and roll caused by big boats coming into Meredith. Some members were knocked off their feet as they stood on their boats at the dock; one gentleman required knee surgery due to one of these knockdowns. Club members were invited to sign a petition requesting an extension of the NWZ and the response was pretty much unanimous. Property owners on the shore in proximity to the club also joined the petition. Property owners further down the line will not be impacted as much as some have suggested because their shore is farther away from the boating lanes and so the wave energy is less intense there.
It is also a matter of public safety for SUP and kayak users in the bay, and you don't have to rent a kayak or a board to get in the water - there is easy public access. As for the big inconvenience of spending an extra 4 or 5 minutes getting into the docks area - give me a break. You aren't going to get a public dock without waiting 20 - 30 minutes anyway, so what 's the rush? If you are in that much of a hurry Meredith is not a good destination for you during peak times. BTW NH Marine Patrol is watching that new line and if you blow through it they will write you up. Slow and steady wins the race.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
georgefelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #44
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

I had a chat with two of the owners at the Bay Shore Yacht Club during this fantastic week. Both feels no difference in wakes this year and one feels it is worst as the boats slowing up and down appears more directly in front of the club! I basically said be careful what you wish for and another boat owner says it is best to put up a breakwater like the rest of the yacht clubs on the lake.

If you think Meredith is bad, take a look at Saunders Bay, with all those big 'battleships' coming in and out of MVYC, it makes Meredith look tame! Yet we put up with it and take extra precaution with our boats.

You should blame Rusty for you problems as it has started when he extended the NWZ, now you made it worst!
Old 09-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #45
TiltonBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgefelt View Post
The whole question of gas dock problems at the marina is irrelevant and was never a driver of the change in that NWZ. Bay Shore Yacht Club is the entity that holds all the docks by the Meredith Marina. This is a dockominium association - to join, buy a dock. Full disclosure - I am a member. Property owners further down the line will not be impacted as much as some have suggested because their shore is farther away from the boating lanes and so the wave energy is less intense there.
It is also a matter of public safety for SUP and kayak users in the bay, and you don't have to rent a kayak or a board to get in the water - there is easy public access. As for the big inconvenience of spending an extra 4 or 5 minutes getting into the docks area - give me a break. You aren't going to get a public dock without waiting 20 - 30 minutes anyway, so what 's the rush? If you are in that much of a hurry Meredith is not a good destination for you during peak times. BTW NH Marine Patrol is watching that new line and if you blow through it they will write you up. Slow and steady wins the race.
Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
A few random thoughts:

The "its all about me" position many take is beyond absurd. Do your due diligence prior to making a purchase and see that yes, passing boats do make wakes. If that bothers you perhaps you should make a purchase someplace else.

Can we get the Broads made into a no wake zone because it is impossible to stand on a boat at your house without the risk of getting knocked down by the boat wakes.

My house is around the corner from Mountain View Yacht Club and the larger boats coming and going do make waves. Should we start a petition to have Saunders Bay made into a no wake zone? And, in a couple of years we could petition to extend the no wake zone out to the Witches?

The lake was there long before they decided to rent out SUP paddleboards in Meredith and now we should extend the no wake zone to make someone's private business safer and more successful?

How long will it be until someone submits a petition to make Wolfeboro Bay into a no wake zone?
Old 09-16-2017, 09:32 AM   #46
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB;
How long will it be until someone submits a petition to make Wolfeboro Bay into a no wake zone?
Are there many paddle boarders who venture out onto Wolfeboro Bay, or do they pretty much stay in the back bay, flat water area, behind the little bridge, under Wolfeboro's Main St, there? Is it high enough clearance for paddlers to be standing underneath that bridge there? Maybe a drawbridge is needed here to allow for the taller sup paddle boarders ........ ahoy there ........Madam drawbridge keeper ......ahoy ...... 'yooooo, hey sweet heart, dearie ........ you wanna raise your drawbridge!' ..... and accommodated the paddlers in accordance with the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 ....... for us retarded paddle boarders .... arf-arf?

Paddle boarding is totally all about getting the correct size paddle board that is good for you .....so's best to go try a rental for starters.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-16-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:32 AM   #47
Joebon

You can't standup on a paddle board and go under the bridge to the back bay. But you can just lie down and paddle with your hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #48
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgefelt View Post
The whole question of gas dock problems at the marina is irrelevant and was never a driver of the change in that NWZ. Bay Shore Yacht Club is the entity that holds all the docks by the Meredith Marina. This is a dockominium association - to join, buy a dock. Full disclosure - I am a member. At annual meetings it became apparent that the biggest complaint of boaters who dock there was the heavy rock and roll caused by big boats coming into Meredith. Some members were knocked off their feet as they stood on their boats at the dock; one gentleman required knee surgery due to one of these knockdowns. Club members were invited to sign a petition requesting an extension of the NWZ and the response was pretty much unanimous. Property owners on the shore in proximity to the club also joined the petition. Property owners further down the line will not be impacted as much as some have suggested because their shore is farther away from the boating lanes and so the wave energy is less intense there.
Just a note regarding MP "watching" the new NWZ "line"
I valet out of MM and this week took my boat out and waited near the NWZ line of buoys while waiting for my wife to arrive at the gas dock...EVERY SINGLE BOAT boat that came into the NWZ in the hour that I waited just drifting and re positioning because of the breeze, did NOT SLOW DOWN TO NO WAKE SPEED until, in some cases, hundreds of feet inside the buoys....some slowed down immediately after crossing the line, some didn't and "most" continued toward the public docks making some sort of wake from mild to very bad. No MP in sight that beautiful afternoon... in fact, I was daydreaming that I was a MP officer and was having a field day writing tickets to these scofflaws....unbelievable.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #49
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Are there many paddle boarders who venture out onto Wolfeboro Bay, or do they pretty much stay in the back bay, flat water area, behind the little bridge, under Wolfeboro's Main St, there? Is it high enough clearance for paddlers to be standing underneath that bridge there? Maybe a drawbridge is needed here to allow for the taller sup paddle boarders ........ ahoy there ........Madam drawbridge keeper ......ahoy ...... 'yooooo, hey sweet heart, dearie ........ you wanna raise your drawbridge!' ..... and accommodated the paddlers in accordance with the American's with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 ....... for us retarded paddle boarders .... arf-arf?

Paddle boarding is totally all about getting the correct size paddle board that is good for you .....so's best to go try a rental for starters.
You get more and more disgusting every time I read your asinine posts.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #50
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
You get more and more disgusting every time I read your asinine posts.
One word for FLL...incorrigible.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:17 AM   #51
fatlazyless

....oh well.....probably not one of my more polite posts....apologies extended if I offended.....what can I say.....sometimes you win.....sometimes you lose....and sometimes you get rained out?

.....say hey.....talking about paddle boards....here's what looks like three Nalu 12.5' Ocean Surfer combination stand up paddle board/sit down kayaks for sale used for $275 ......new price $750 ....at Rockywold summer camps for families in Holderness, on Big Squam Lake. Betcha they would let them go for $250.......plus it includes a high quality and unusual style paddle.

.....seems like an interesting paddle board design for a relatively low price.....go get out the Clorox gel cleaner and the Armorall original vinyl treatment and go do some restoration? A new seat back can be purchased for as low as $30 ....... if needed ...... as the kayak seat backs seem to be looking worn and weathered in the photo.

Size: 12'6" x 30.5"
Weight: 50-lbs
Capacity: 300 to 350-lbs
Material: rotomold polyethylene, tough and durable similar to a kayak
Color: red

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/used...305487737.html

Just picture yourself paddling this red Nalu 12.5' sit down kayak/stand-up paddle board in the extremely scenic Meredith Bay no wake zone on Lake Winnipesaukee, as a number of very pricey motorboats glide safely past you, moving along at their no wake, 6-mph speed.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-19-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #52
rsmlp

Default question for webmaster

How far does a post have to get to being churlish to the extreme before you take action? Insulting the handicapped is TOO far in my opinion and you are complicit in FLL posting this unacceptable garbage. Rude members will continue to push the envelope due to their inherent adolescent personalities unless you take some action.
rsmlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:41 AM   #53
ApS

Question Pass the Hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I had a chat with two of the owners at the Bay Shore Yacht Club during this fantastic week. Both feel no difference in wakes this year and one feels it is worse as the boats slowing up and down appear more directly in front of the club! I basically said be careful what you wish for and another boat owner says it is best to put up a breakwater like the rest of the yacht clubs on the lake. If you think Meredith is bad, take a look at Saunders Bay, with all those big 'battleships' coming in and out of MVYC, it makes Meredith look tame! Yet we put up with it and take extra precaution with our boats. You should blame Rusty for your problems as it has started when he extended the NWZ, now you made it worst!
Begging a "go-fund-me.com" effort?

Old 09-17-2017, 07:23 AM   #54
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
How far does a post have to get to being churlish to the extreme before you take action? Insulting the handicapped is TOO far in my opinion and you are complicit in FLL posting this unacceptable garbage. Rude members will continue to push the envelope due to their inherent adolescent personalities unless you take some action.

Who are you talking to in this post? Who is "you" Don?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:40 AM   #55
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
....oh well.....probably not one of my more polite posts....apologies extended if I offended.....what can I say.....sometimes you win.....sometimes you lose....and sometimes you get rained out?

.....say hey.....talking about paddle boards....here's what looks like three Nalu 12.5' Ocean Surfer combination stand up paddle board/sit down kayaks for sale used for $275 ......new price $750 ....at Rockywold summer camps for families in Holderness, on Big Squam Lake. Betcha they would let them go for $250.......plus it includes a high quality and unusual style paddle.

.....seems like an interesting paddle board design for a relatively low price.....get out the Clorox gel cleaner and the Armorall original vinyl treatment and go do some restoration? A new seat back can be purchased for as low as $30 ....... if needed ...... as the kayak seat backs seem to be looking worn and weathered in the photo.

Size: 12'6" x 30.5"
Weight: 50-lbs
Capacity: 300 to 350-lbs
Material: polyethylene
Color: red

https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/used...305487737.html

Just picture yourself paddling this red Nalu 12.5' sit down kayak/stand-up paddle board in the extremely scenic Meredith Bay no wake zone on Lake Winnipesaukee, as a number of very pricey motorboats glide safely past you, moving along at their no wake, 6-mph speed.

IMHO Not even an ounce of remorse, just more of the same.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #56
fatlazyless

Say ....... Topwater ...... your name implies you are a fisherman ......so here's a 1:40 youtube showing the Nalu 12'er set up for kayak fishing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5oJSN69HY&t=1

As far as apologizing for my impolite comments....... I apologize.....not too polite of me.....and I get your message..... thanks.

And, here's a youtube with the Nalu-12 close to a sandy ocean beach in the Black Sea, Ukraine, (maybe Crimea?) stand up paddling the small waves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3FlzUNB8BY

Just picture yourself on a used Rockywold $250 red Nalu-12, just out beyond the Meredith Bay no wake zone, border 6-mph/45-mph line ...... using it to surf the big wakes created by the powerful and expensive motorboats as they power up to go down the bay, away from the no wake zone.....or as they power down, closing into the zone.

Nalu 12, stand up paddle board, bass fishing with a fly rod: 1:20, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelayFUmUE4

Last edited by fatlazyless; 09-19-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:41 AM   #57
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
A few random thoughts:

The "its all about me" position many take is beyond absurd. Do your due diligence prior to making a purchase...
Color me confused. Wouldn't this apply to your friend on Welcome Island as well?
Old 09-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #58
TiltonBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillygirl View Post
Color me confused. Wouldn't this apply to your friend on Welcome Island as well?
Sorry for your confusion.

Mr. Brown feels he has done everything right and complied with the law. He has worked hard and spent a lot of his money to prove that he is correct. It is still playing out.

The difference is, unlike the Meredith no wake zone, he has inconvenienced no one and his actions have not had a negative impact on anyone. The work he has done on the island has not had harmed the lake, or anyone using it, in any way.

There, I hope I helped with your confusion. I have performed my public service for the day!
Old 09-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #59
Biggd

How did this conversation spill over into this thread? It has it's own thread.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:11 AM   #60
TiltonBB

Oh no! Thread Police!

If it upsets you maybe you should send a PM to the Perp. and call them out?
Old 09-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #61
gillygirl

Quote:
How did this conversation spill over into this thread? It has it's own thread.
Just pointing out some hypocrisy.