Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Weather
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default cold out thayuh-Thurs, Jan 3, 2013!

.....weather at the lake says it is zero in Laconia.....here in WV....my thermometer says -12 degrees at 7:30-am ....probably I should stop thinking about not taking out the dock & boatlift and how the lake will never-ever freeze up this year......oh heck! Think I'll wait for a sunny day with temps at least in the low 40's before getting the dock out! One year there was about two inches ice needed chopped out to remove the boatlift and I sure said that would nevah happen again!

And, as of yesterday afternoon, there was no ice to be seen anywhere in the area between Horse-Dolly-Cattle Landing-Bear-Mark-Mink-Timber-Governor's but there well could be some ice in the shallows or somewhere today?

You know, the 1/6 hp-$68 smallish utility pumps sold by Lowe's are very heavy, probably have a cast iron case underneath the rubber outside, and are so durable they can be run the entire winter used as a dock water circulator, and do a nice job as an el cheapo ice-eater......plus Lowe's has that three month easy-no questions asked, return policy too.....in case they don't work out for you........gotta like that Lowe's! Now, if only the NH Electric Coop, probably some of the most expensive power around, had a similar return policy for their electric power! You know, it sure would be nice to see that electric meter running in reverse, with the electric utility co actually buying-buying-buying power back from the consumer.....thinking solar or wind....or something.....like maybe just a long extension cord? ..

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-03-2013 at 09:21 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
HellRaZoR004

My thermometer in Litchfield said -2F this morning and on my way into work the Merrimack River was frozen solid. Not sure how thick, but I generally don't see the entire thing solid ice.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Belmont Resident

Default Not to worry

Starting next week it looks like a warm up coming.
My love for winter is sad, but given the amount of heating oil we are going through I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully it stays cold up north for the skiers and snowmobile trails.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
Belmont Resident

Default Warming up!

Looks like above normal temps after today and it could be at or near the 50's by the weekend.
Worked in Meredith yesterday and there is still a lot of holes showing water.
Although I do not have any faith in it, the long range shows cooler temps starting next week, hopefully with some major snow fall as well.