Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
AC2717

Default Tax Question (please no Hijacking)

I am wondering why Laconia has a State Education tax rate that is different from other towns in the State. For Example Laconia is a 2.100, but East Wakefield NH is 1.96. Again this is the state education tax rate, not the local education. Shouldn't the rate be the same for everyone because it is State level?

And to add a second part to my question. How is the town able/allowed to tax people for a Local School Tax Rate when by the counties law and requirement in our bylaws we are not allowed to declare residency at the property and therefore cannot use what I am being taxed on. IM all for paying my share for the services rendered as long as all in the town can use, but if you are going to restrict and then tax anyways on what you are restricting, sort of like 242-250 years ago give or take???? - Has not one fought this legally or has there been case law on this

Obviously they could just dump that amount into the City Tax Rate and get it anyways, but this is a specific line item on the taxes.