Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > General Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
WallacePoint

Default Just wondering...

A 20 foot plastic tripod complete with a swing...floating off shore.
So..umm..woke up to this view out of my window. So yes or no? I'm still trying to recall the serene and natural vista that has now been lost....what to do?
Old 08-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
MeredithMan

Default neighbor's swim raft?

....is it your neighbor's new "swim raft"? I have seen a number of these this summer around the lake. Seems to be the new in thing....swim rafts that resemble playground equipment.

Is it in front of your place? Is it impeding your ability to get a boat in and out? If it's over in front of you neighbor's place and you just don't like looking at it, I don't believe there is much you can do, other than look the other way.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #3
WallacePoint

Default Raft Circus

The circus inspired raft is located in the water on my property line, conveniently not in front of raft owners home. I respect that beauty is in the eye of the beholder..it's just a darn shame when new neighbors do not embrace the natural beauty of the lake. Can you imagine if everyone floated a playground on the lake? Kids played with it for 10 minutes and got bored. Ha!
The Following User Says Thank You to WallacePoint For This Useful Post:
SimpleTL (08-08-2019)
Old 08-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #4
ApS

Unhappy Feeling Your Pain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallacePoint View Post

A 20 foot plastic tripod complete with a swing...floating off shore.
So..umm..woke up to this view out of my window. So yes or no? I'm still trying to recall the serene and natural vista that has now been lost....what to do?
Check the formatting on your photo, as it didn't appear this morning. Keep in mind, the view could be worse!

As most of these toys are rented, there's a good chance that the installer located the mooring block when the wind was from the opposite direction, and it has temporarily "sailed" to its present location. At nearly $5000 each, the installer may respond if you advise that "it has shifted", and just maybe, it should be placed in deeper water "for the children". He may take your complaint to heart, and move it; or, as often happens, a strong wind will move it far away.

On the downside, these tripods tend to blow over, and the underside is finished in a flat black color.

My own sweep of view takes in about four or five of these tripods—but if I squint, they look like sails. Nobody complains about the nearest "tripod", as it has kept the noise and odors of the weekend ocean-racers far from our shoreline.
Attached Images

Old 08-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
fatlazyless

Believe this could be an 'aquaglide summit express-16' gigantic water slide inflatable'; available from Parafunalia in Gilford for $9499.99.

Size: 25.5' long x 12' wide x 16' high

Weight: 200-lbs

Also believe that, unlike a mooring for a motorboat or sailboat, a permit from the NH-MP is not needed for a raft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEzy8j8dL7g, March 11, 2011, 2:16

It seems the NH legislature took a look at requiring permits for rafts in 2010, and through its' legislative process, decided to let it slide.

Talking about rafts, if you want a raft that is super fun and a challenging ride to get on, and stay on ..... including 200-lb adults....check out the www.intexcorp.com/56285ep.html ...the Inflate-a-Bull .... now at $49.95 at walmart.com ... while at rest, the bull moves slightly back and forth, up and down with the waves ... just like a real bull out in the pasture......... mooooo.......snort.....snort!

You will not be disappointed....this is a long lasting, well made product, with a dynamic 3-point balancing design...... yee-haaaaa!

The neighbors will all want to use it!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-17-2017 at 12:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
codeman671

How much frontage do you have? How much do they have?

If its truly on the line, ask them to politely move it over. If that doesn't work, a snorkel and a knife work great!
Old 08-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #7
WallacePoint

Understand property lines for water toy placement is not limited to land markings..so I'm stuck with the circus. All neighbors have voiced a concern due to loss of time loved views. Politely requested relocation to the front of their home..crickets. So alas..I will sell circus tickets for the daily free for all and count down the days until fall.
The Following User Says Thank You to WallacePoint For This Useful Post:
SimpleTL (08-08-2019)
Old 08-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #8
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Understand property lines for water toy placement is not limited to land markings..so I'm stuck with the circus. All neighbors have voiced a concern due to loss of time loved views. Politely requested relocation to the front of their home..crickets. So alas..I will sell circus tickets for the daily free for all and count down the days until fall.
I would buy an entire "family" of these flamingos and promptly place them in front of the neighbor's property.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #9
fatlazyless

Could be a good move to ask Senator Jeb Bradley, Wolfeboro, what he thinks about sponsoring a law requiring permits for rafts, similar to the mooring permit needed for a boat.

Jeb is the hiking-est guy in the state house, hiking the white mountain trails, so he probably appreciates a good scenic outlook.

So, just look what happened to this view ...... boo-hoo!
Old 08-19-2017, 04:43 AM   #10
ApS

Question Circus Raft, Birthday Party—Changing Neighborhood...

Quote:
The circus inspired raft is located in the water on my property line, conveniently not in front of raft owners home. I respect that beauty is in the eye of the beholder..it's just a darn
shame when new neighbors do not embrace the natural beauty of the lake. Can you imagine if everyone floated a playground on the lake? Kids played with it for 10 minutes and got bored. Ha!
Since you're not located in Wolfeboro, maybe it's time for a "Birthday Party".

Y'know...the kind of birthday party—with fireworks?

Old 08-31-2017, 06:38 AM   #11
ApS

Wink Keep that Scope Adequate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
How much frontage do you have? How much do they have? If its truly on the line, ask them to politely move it over. If that doesn't work, a snorkel and a knife work great!
That's on the extreme side, when the OP can simply buy a $300 dinghy, a small outboard engine, and apply for a mooring permit.

Since electrolysis is always present, keep the lower unit out of the water.