Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #1
Hoosier

Thumbs down O's Restaurant in Laconia

We went to O's to celebrate our anniversary and are sorry we made that choice. My wife's sirloin was difficult to cut with a steak knife and tough to chew. Our waitress seemed over extended. If she had checked with us soon after serving us, we would have upgraded my wife's entre to a filet. We had to ask another waitress to send our waitress to our table so we could register a complaint about the quality of my wife's steak. By then, my steak was getting cold. Adding to our disappointment was the noise level in the restaurant. There are many hard surfaces in the dining area and this causes normal dining noises to ricochet around the room, making it necessary to talk loudly to be heard across the table. For a restaurant with prices that are 10 percent above its competitors, our dining experience was very disappointing.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
We went to O's to celebrate our anniversary and are sorry we made that choice. My wife's sirloin was difficult to cut with a steak knife and tough to chew. Our waitress seemed over extended. If she had checked with us soon after serving us, we would have upgraded my wife's entre to a filet. We had to ask another waitress to send our waitress to our table so we could register a complaint about the quality of my wife's steak. By then, my steak was getting cold. Adding to our disappointment was the noise level in the restaurant. There are many hard surfaces in the dining area and this causes normal dining noises to ricochet around the room, making it necessary to talk loudly to be heard across the table. For a restaurant with prices that are 10 percent above its competitors, our dining experience was very disappointing.
I went there once, and will never go back. If the food was PERFECT, I wouldn't eat there because of the noise problem you mentioned. Folks are packed in like sardines and the accostics in the building are a nightmare for anyone that has even a minor hearing problem.

I went to the one in downtown Concord, same problem, you are elbow to elbow in that location, and they have the same "Hard Surface" problem.

Too bad, because in general I like the food.