Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #101
Cal
Senior Member
 
Cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pitman , NJ
Posts: 627
Thanks: 40
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post


Why can't you enjoy your hobby? You'll just have to do so at a little slower speed.


If competitions are limited to a top speed of 43.2 mph, why can't you enjoy your hobby at speeds up to 45 mph?
Perhaps Broadhopper has little feet or a fat a$$ and 43.2 mph is to slow to stay up. Gee I wonder if they consider this an insult
__________________
Paddle faster , I think I here banjos
Cal is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:52 AM   #102
hazelnut
Senior Member
 
hazelnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,348
Blog Entries: 3
Thanks: 504
Thanked 461 Times in 161 Posts
Default

This is AWESOME

Best thread of the year.

Evenstar please just do the entire community a HUGE favor and stop reading/posting etc.

This thread was humorous in nature and it is completely obvious that you do not possess a funny bone. Take a kayak ride to Wal-Mart and purchase one.

Keep em coming folks.... good stuff all around.
hazelnut is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #103
SAMIAM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 2,433
Thanks: 143
Thanked 991 Times in 370 Posts
Default

Now I'm getting nervous.....I'm affraid Evenstar and her partner might look some of us up and kick our butts. Gee......we were only kidding....we're sorry!
SAMIAM is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #104
brk-lnt
Senior Member
 
brk-lnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Down Shores
Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 487
Thanked 526 Times in 301 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Now I'm getting nervous.....I'm affraid Evenstar and her partner might look some of us up and kick our butts. Gee......we were only kidding....we're sorry!
C'Mon, admit it. You have a dark repressed fantasy to be "paddled" by Evenstar and her buddy...
__________________
[insert witty phrase here]
brk-lnt is online now  
Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #105
Kamper
Senior Member
 
Kamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Thornton's Ferry
Posts: 1,202
Thanks: 65
Thanked 144 Times in 108 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
...I'm affraid Evenstar and her partner might look some of us up and kick our butts. ... sorry!
Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind!

I don't know why I keep reading this thread. Maybe it's a great example of how immature people can get when protected by the anonymity of the 'net. I am just morbidly fascinated by so many folks regressing back to 2nd grade emotionalism. lol.

Or else you guys just love the drama!

Since Don hasn't shut it down yet I guess he must be laughing his transom off at the show too. In that case, keep up the good work, folks! The man deserves some entertainment too.
Kamper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #106
bigpatsfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 84
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default My final thought on the Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so! thread

I disagree with the statement that kayakers have “won”. I believe that kayakers actually “lost”. What the speed limit law is going to do, is to allow boaters to “feel” safer on the big lake. This increased sense of safety will significantly boost the total number of boats on the lake. Of course with more boats come more accidents, more wake damage etc. The end result is the ability to enjoy a quiet kayak ride on the big lake has significantly been reduced with the new speed limit law. I do not believe was the kayaker's intent. So kayakers lost and so did the boaters. The only one that won is the State as they will collect more money for both increased boat registrations and speeding tickets.

As for the "Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so!" post, I do not believe that this thread started out with a goal to hurt or damage kayakers. “The ability to laugh at oneself is a sign of confidence”

Thirdly, to the kayakers, don’t you find your statements “that there is no evidence” on what the kayaker was doing ironic as that is what the speed limit opponents are saying when they say there is no evidence that speeding is an issue.

Even with everything that was posted, I still like kayaking and kayakers and still like boaters and go fast boaters. I took the thread as what it was supposed to be,
bigpatsfan is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #107
brk-lnt
Senior Member
 
brk-lnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Down Shores
Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 487
Thanked 526 Times in 301 Posts
Default

That thread was a lot of fun, but it was closed. It's usually not a good idea to try re-ignite a closed thread by starting another one about the same stuff.

Take the thread closing as an indication that the subject is done being discussed.
__________________
[insert witty phrase here]
brk-lnt is online now  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #108
Bear Islander
Senior Member
 
Bear Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 23
Thanked 363 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpatsfan View Post
I disagree with the statement that kayakers have “won”. I believe that kayakers actually “lost”. What the speed limit law is going to do, is to allow boaters to “feel” safer on the big lake. This increased sense of safety will significantly boost the total number of boats on the lake. Of course with more boats come more accidents, more wake damage etc. The end result is the ability to enjoy a quiet kayak ride on the big lake has significantly been reduced with the new speed limit law. I do not believe was the kayaker's intent. So kayakers lost and so did the boaters. The only one that won is the State as they will collect more money for both increased boat registrations and speeding tickets.

As for the "Illegal kayaking...say it ain't so!" post, I do not believe that this thread started out with a goal to hurt or damage kayakers. “The ability to laugh at oneself is a sign of confidence”

Thirdly, to the kayakers, don’t you find your statements “that there is no evidence” on what the kayaker was doing ironic as that is what the speed limit opponents are saying when they say there is no evidence that speeding is an issue.

Even with everything that was posted, I still like kayaking and kayakers and still like boaters and go fast boaters. I took the thread as what it was supposed to be,
Your theory that a speed limit will increase the number of accidents and make the lake less safe is openly ridiculous. Your logic is twisted and convoluted beyond recognition. By your way of thinking our highways and roads would be safer if we eliminated all speed limits.

How do you explain the fact that it has not worked out your way on any of the other lakes that have enacted speed limits?

As to you third point. When the opposition claims there is "no evidence that speeding is an issue" they are either lying or misinformed. There is plenty of evidence. You may disagree that a speed limit is the solution. However to say that the evidence does not exist is idiotic.

The evidence has been presented, you have read it, therefore it "exists".
Bear Islander is offline  
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #109
bigpatsfan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 84
Thanks: 21
Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Default

brk-lnt you are correct and consider this my last post on this subject

Bear Islander i would love to respond but brk-lnt is correct.. this is a closed thread.

bye
bigpatsfan is offline  
Old 07-28-2008, 08:18 AM   #110
JDeere
Senior Member
 
JDeere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 295
Thanks: 74
Thanked 52 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpatsfan View Post
I disagree with the statement that kayakers have “won”. I believe that kayakers actually “lost”. What the speed limit law is going to do, is to allow boaters to “feel” safer on the big lake. This increased sense of safety will significantly boost the total number of boats on the lake. Of course with more boats come more accidents, more wake damage etc.

Your logic is simply amazing. Maybe if we suspend all boating laws and make it mandatory to travel at speeds of 45 mph+, while drinking a beer, talking on your cell and towing a barefoot skier we can all relax because then the lake will be truly more dangerous THEREFORE safer.

Did I get that right?
JDeere is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.07841 seconds