Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Woodsy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Weirs Beach
Posts: 1,623
Thanks: 52
Thanked 716 Times in 295 Posts
Default GEEZ! Just Relax!

The title says it all..... RELAX! In the great grand scheme of things does it really matter all that much? Why get caught up in the petty crap??!

If Capt. Bonehead violates the 150' rule does it matter? Really? As long as there is no collision why get twisted? Whats the big deal if you have to throttle off or change direction to avoid someone else? OMG there are too many people rafting at a sandbar! Does it really matter if someone exceeds the speed limit? I see it on the roadways every day!

Relax... enjoy the lake! Thats why we are here!

Society seems to have gotten to the point where we all dumb down to the lowest common denominator... We respond to bad behavior by a few with restrictive rules and laws for the many. Seems kind of silly to me....


Woodsy
__________________
The only way to eliminate ignorant behavior is through education. You can't fix stupid.
Woodsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Woodsy For This Useful Post:
DEJ (07-21-2011), Grandpa Redneck (07-20-2011), ishoot308 (07-20-2011), jarhead0341 (07-20-2011), jmen24 (07-20-2011), OCDACTIVE (07-21-2011), RTTOOL (07-20-2011), Seaplane Pilot (07-20-2011), Two dobys (07-20-2011), VitaBene (07-20-2011)
Old 07-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
4Fun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 283
Thanks: 1
Thanked 65 Times in 38 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
The title says it all..... RELAX! In the great grand scheme of things does it really matter all that much? Why get caught up in the petty crap??!

If Capt. Bonehead violates the 150' rule does it matter? Really? As long as there is no collision why get twisted? Whats the big deal if you have to throttle off or change direction to avoid someone else? OMG there are too many people rafting at a sandbar! Does it really matter if someone exceeds the speed limit? I see it on the roadways every day!

Relax... enjoy the lake! Thats why we are here!

Society seems to have gotten to the point where we all dumb down to the lowest common denominator... We respond to bad behavior by a few with restrictive rules and laws for the many. Seems kind of silly to me....


Woodsy
It is funny we make all of these laws to control people that don't even know they exist. People are going to act they way they want to act no matter what. Laws or no laws.
4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Fun For This Useful Post:
RTTOOL (07-20-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Gavia immer
Senior Member
 
Gavia immer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 193
Thanks: 21
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
The title says it all..... RELAX! In the great grand scheme of things does it really matter all that much? Why get caught up in the petty crap??!

If Capt. Bonehead violates the 150' rule does it matter? Really? As long as there is no collision why get twisted? Whats the big deal if you have to throttle off or change direction to avoid someone else? OMG there are too many people rafting at a sandbar! Does it really matter if someone exceeds the speed limit? I see it on the roadways every day!

Relax... enjoy the lake! Thats why we are here!

Society seems to have gotten to the point where we all dumb down to the lowest common denominator... We respond to bad behavior by a few with restrictive rules and laws for the many. Seems kind of silly to me....


Woodsy
Cry me a river.
Gavia immer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavia immer For This Useful Post:
Skip (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
gtagrip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Thanks: 115
Thanked 75 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavia immer View Post
Cry me a river.
Really!?
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
OCDACTIVE
Senior Member
 
OCDACTIVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro
Posts: 1,045
Thanks: 444
Thanked 573 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
Really!?
I was wondering the same thing???? Woodsy is just explaining how important it is to enjoy the lake and not get so wrapped up with the negatives... I don't see him crying a river? Just to be thankful with what god has graced us with.

strange?

And what's up with the "thanks" skip? I don't see any legal commentary you can make here........
__________________
Have you had your Vessel Inspected Yet?
OCDACTIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OCDACTIVE For This Useful Post:
BroadHopper (07-21-2011), DEJ (07-21-2011), Joe Kerr (07-22-2011), Skip (07-21-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #6
Skip
Senior Member
 
Skip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 1,605
Thanks: 247
Thanked 506 Times in 176 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
...And what's up with the "thanks" skip? I don't see any legal commentary you can make here........
Legal commentary?

How 'bout this....

Perhaps you could point out to me where in the forum rules it dictates that I need to explain my use of the thanks button to you Scott, or anyone else for that matter???

By the way, I used the thanks button because I agreed with the post. My God, the way some continue to cry in this forum makes me feel guilty if I don't log in without first breaking out a box of Kleenex!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
DEJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 329
Thanks: 242
Thanked 179 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Cry me a river skip, really!
DEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DEJ For This Useful Post:
Skip (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #8
OCDACTIVE
Senior Member
 
OCDACTIVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Fort Myers FL / Moultonboro
Posts: 1,045
Thanks: 444
Thanked 573 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Legal commentary?

How 'bout this....

Perhaps you could point out to me where in the forum rules it dictates that I need to explain my use of the thanks button to you Scott, or anyone else for that matter???

By the way, I used the thanks button because I agreed with the post. My God, the way some continue to cry in this forum makes me feel guilty if I don't log in without first breaking out a box of Kleenex!
Sorry... Apparently I hit a nerve...

I didn't know I always had to refer to the rules to appease you. Is that a new law? Maybe you can school us on that.

I personally didn't see anyone "crying" or attempting to make people feel "guilty". More so to just ask everyone to enjoy the lake and stop dragging everyone though the negative aspects that make up maybe 2% of all the activities on the lake.

I am not one to judge, but if a box of kleenex helps with your enjoyment then have at it.

Just do us all a favor and make sure not throw them overboard.
__________________
Have you had your Vessel Inspected Yet?
OCDACTIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OCDACTIVE For This Useful Post:
DEJ (07-21-2011), Skip (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 PM   #9
VtSteve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,313
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 230
Thanked 358 Times in 167 Posts
Default

Scott, tell Skip what product he needs to effectively clean your shoes
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.28550 seconds