Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
SIKSUKR

Default The friendly Lake Winni

I was sitting a mile south of Welch Island on Sunday just lounging in the beautifull late afternoon sun with my girlfriend on my PWC.Within 20 minutes I had 3 boats change course and come towards me and ask if I needed help.I let them know I was just hangin and thanked them.5 minutes later here comes a MP boat and asks the same thing and goes on his way.This has never happened to us before.Even though I was getting a little annoyed at being approached so often,I wanted to thank those thoughtfull boaters that did come by and check.Sure hope I see them if I do end up needing help.After a while though I thought about how many times I have floating out there alone and was never approached.It had to be the bright orange suit she was wearing.Silly me.Next time I plan on breaking down out there I'll make sure she is on board!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
pmj

Default nice to hear this

We were once outside of Wolfeboro Bay on our 21ft sailboat when some strong gusts started blowing through. I went up on deck (with life jacket on) to take down the main. Right about the same time, an MP was trolling about and slowed down, obviously watching us, then just idled. Once I had the sail down and all lines secure I retreated back to the cockpit. We had the motor on by that point and headed towards home. The MP waved and continued on his patrol. I was pretty impressed at that. I think he was just making sure we were safe and didn't get into any trouble taking down the sails.

pmj
pmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
wildwoodfam

Default It's true....it's a friendly lake

Most of the time! I had the misfortune of being out ont eh lake one morning when the winds kicked up from the north and caused some huge white caps. As I was trying to get back to home around Long Island my throttle cable pulled out (long story and yes it was manufacturer defect - all fixed) and left me stranded with two little kids. I put up the seat back like your supposed to do and tooted the horn and sure enough - out come two PWC's from one of the huge mansions towed us to the lee side of LI and back to our dock! There are friendly people out on the lake - and hopefully they far out number the capt boneheads!
wildwoodfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Chris Craft

Put a picture of the girl up and we will tell ya if that is why they were all stopping
Chris Craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Haha..I hear ya.SIKSUKR......got stoped once by the MP for some silly viloation.....think I was throwing up a 2" wake in a no wake zone.........what a coincidence that my neighbor 's two teenage daughters were on board with string bikini's that would make Hugh Hefner blush.Needless to say,the two young MP (summer help) officers conducted a lengthy safety check.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
Seaplane Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I was sitting a mile south of Welch Island on Sunday just lounging in the beautifull late afternoon sun with my girlfriend on my PWC.Within 20 minutes I had 3 boats change course and come towards me and ask if I needed help.I let them know I was just hangin and thanked them.5 minutes later here comes a MP boat and asks the same thing and goes on his way.This has never happened to us before.Even though I was getting a little annoyed at being approached so often,I wanted to thank those thoughtfull boaters that did come by and check.Sure hope I see them if I do end up needing help.After a while though I thought about how many times I have floating out there alone and was never approached.It had to be the bright orange suit she was wearing.Silly me.Next time I plan on breaking down out there I'll make sure she is on board!
SS, keep your clothes on next time and everyone will leave you alone!
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 AM   #7
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
SS, keep your clothes on next time and everyone will leave you alone!
You didn't seem to mind last time I was at your place.Speaking of which,I have not bothered you yet this year.I'll be by soon.