Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Snowmobiling
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Angry Validation Numbers Controled BY NHSA

There is a move by Fish and Game to setup NHSA as the only source of what is called a Validation Number that qualifies for the $30.00 Registration Discount.

Clubs with Membership Cards or Membership Certificates with Club generated ID Numbers will no longer be valid to obtain the Discount.

The Clubs would have to PAY NHSA $10.00 for each Number. It is an outright Money Grab!

You can not imagine the added work this will make for very Club Membership Chairman plus the time to process an Application.

Please follow this thread on SledNH.

http://www.slednh.com/forums/index.p...comment-102928
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
SAB1

I'd say F&G and NHSA should focus their efforts in implementing stringent fines and loss of registration penalties for people riding off trail and grab their money that way before we have no trails to ride.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
jeffk

If the state wants to steal $10 more of our money, why don't they just increase registration by $10? This proposed roundabout method being dumped on the backs of already overburdened volunteers is just insane. The registration process already exists. Increasing the fee would create NO extra effort for anyone.

Unless of course the state is being dishonest and sneaking in a defacto registration increase under the radar. Noooo. The state wouldn't be that nasty, would they?
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

This is not the state but the NHSA (NH Snowmobile Association) that is trying to ensure they continue to get their $10 from every snowmobiler!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #5
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default That would be interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB1 View Post
I'd say F&G and NHSA should focus their efforts in implementing stringent fines and loss of registration penalties for people riding off trail and grab their money that way before we have no trails to ride.
This thought it's intriguing, if not nigh near impossible. There are over 7,000 miles of snowmobile trails in NH, and I believe only 33 F&G Agents, who not only are to police the trails, but all the bodies of water in the state, complaints about F&G reg violations, etc.

Nice thought, but not practical, in my humble opinion.

Dave
Old 03-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #6
SAB1

It's really not. Make the fines very stiff. First offense $750 fine loss of registration in current year as well as the following year. The following year the fines and penalties get stiffer for second offense. Someone else suggested a number of hours of required club trail work. If the offender is caught and is a member of a club the club terminates the offenders membership. Plenty of opportunity to install cameras in strategic spots and there are plenty of riders out there with cell phones to take pictures. Get rid of the small registration stickers they came out with this year and go back to the larger stickers with bigger numbers to help see them. Not perfect but a good start.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #7
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Angry It is the "STATE"/Fish & Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
This is not the state but the NHSA (NH Snowmobile Association) that is trying to ensure they continue to get their $10 from every snowmobiler!

John and to all the other Club Presidents and Membership People,

Fish & Game is the one setting up the "VD" Validation Numbering System with NHSA being the only provider $$$$$ of ID Numbers.

NHSA has stated you no longer have to be a Member of NHSA, You just have to PAY them $12.00 for a "VD" Number ($10.00 ? plus a $2.00 Transaction
FEE!).

Interesting fact, the OHRV Association is using the F&G VALIDATION Numbering format but they are giving the Numbers FREE of charge to thier Clubs!

The HELL with the RSA stating you only have to be a "Member of a Club that is a Member of NHSA(in good standing) to be eligible for the $30.00 Registration Discount.

Anyone got the AG's phone number.

There are 2 important NHSA Meeting coming up, 1st meeting to except their new Bylaws and second the Annual Meeting.

I will come back with the dates and times.

Anyone wanting to be a Delegate at these Meetings please contact either you Club Treasure or Secretary.

We, MSC, are eligible for 12 Delegates. Lunch is provided at the Annual Meeting.

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 03-30-2018 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:31 PM   #8
Outdoorsman

Interestingly enough. I was at the Easter Seals Ride-In in Gorham about a month ago. I attended the auction at the T&C on that Saturday night.

One of the item that was raffled off by the NHF&G was a "Zero Registration".
The winning bidder got the registration number "0000" for the next season (as well as a certificate and bragging rights). I do not recall the final winning bid but I do know it was closer to $1500 than it was to $1000.

Perhaps F&G will go for Vanity Reg #'s next

FWIW, Belmont Bogie Busters have outbid everyone for that Reg number every year except the first year since its inception. (per the auctioneer) (I am not affiliated with Belmont Bogie Busters)
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default F&g/nhsa restrant of trade?

Please take a look at this post on SledNH

I am questioning F&G/NHSA use of PAID FOR Validation Numbers through NHSA at a cost of $12.00 for each Membership!

http://www.slednh.com/forums/index.p...aint-of-trade/
Old 04-07-2018, 08:45 PM   #10
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Information from the 4/4/18 Meeting with Fish&Game

Going forth will we be able to conduct Business as we have in the past?

Validation Numbers?

Fish And Game has given NHSA total control of what maybe the only Validation Number ACCEPTED for Registering a Snowmobile. They have also given NHSA cart blanch on the pricing $$$$$$$$ of the VD Numbers with no over-site from Fish and Game.

Club generated Membership ID Numbers you have on our Membership Cards and Membership Certificate used on our online Webpage may no longer be valid. We may have to prepay NHSA for blocks of VD Numbers to continue issuing Membership Cards and Certificates?

Our Club has 3 sources of generating Memberships.

1: Annual Mail Out to all members of the past Season.

2: Sales Agents. We have 3 local Agents that Sell our Membership. We provide them with our Club Applications. The Application has one of our Membership Cards attached.

3: In 2017 we added an Online Membership Page. You now can Join the Club, Printout a Membership Certificate, order Club Maps and Decals. Pay by Credit Card or PayPal.

Our Membership Cards and Certificates are accepted a PROOF of MEMBERSHIP by any of the numerous Registration Agents in the Area.

With what I have Stated I believe we will may no longer be able generate Membership in our Club as we have in the Past.

Whatever happened to YOU HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF A CLUB THAT IS A MEMBER (in good standing) of NHSA to be eligible for the $30.00 Registration Discount?

I has asked NHSA Director Dan Gould if we would be paying an additional FEE for the Validation Number or would “Free” as part of the normal $10.0 NHSA Membership. He would not give me an answer and had a little hisyifit and told me I should contact my local District Director Dan Foote first.

I did. I sent Dan an e-mail asking about the Validation Number and he replied he had no knowledge of the Validation numbers or the Cost.

I will be going Tuesday to a second Meeting in Lancaster to continue this matter with Fish and Game.

If there any Clubs concerned about this, no matter what County your are in it would serve you well to be there!

Tuesday April 10th 6:30pm Lancaster F&G Office. NO OVER-SITE of the PRICING of the Validation (ID NUMBERS)NHSA=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As a side note NHSA has just come out with new Bylaws and Business Procedure ordered by the Attorney General.

One of the changes proposed is a new formula for the Number of Delegate a Club gets at the Annual Meeting. It is not a good sign ware NHSA heading. Example Pittsburgh has 36 Delegates and by the new formula may have only 8 next year.

I have more on the Audit that Major Wimsatt used to say there was a problem with Club Generated ID Numbers, Numerous error in validating when used to Register a Sled.

After a year or more I finally got a copy. I have read it "six ways to Sunday" and there is not bit of Statistical Date in the Audit to back up his Claim!

80% of the Audit dealt with Physical Control of the Registration Decals, One incident quoted was that of a missing package of Decals. The mystery was solved when they were found in a CLEANING CLOSET.

George Higgins

Membership Chairman

Moultonboro Snowmobile Club.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:06 PM   #11
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Question Where we stand now???

SIT BACK AND WAITE!

The 2 Hearings have been held, Concord and Lancaster.

Of 102 Clubs, maybe 25 Clubs were represented at one or the other Meetings.

Comments closed yesterday 4/18/18 at 4:00pm.

We are faced with possibly only 2 avenues to proceed on.

1: JLCAR (JOINT LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES)

Because this is an "ADMINISTRATIVE RULE" it has to be moved on by JLCAR. We, the everyday Snowmobiler, have the ability to express our opinions on this matter and make a difference as to its' outcome.

2: CONSUMEER COMPLAINT

A CONSUMEER COMPLAINT based on Restraint of Trade. That being F&G giving NHSA complete control of the issuing of Validation Numbers and the cost of said Number with absolutely NO OVERSITE of How and to Who Numbers are issued plus the Cost of these Numbers by FISH and Game.

Where do you get VD Numbers for your Club Membership Cards, Sell Your Membership Applications at you local Membership Agent and Your ONLINE Membership Webpage Certificate of Membership.

3: OPTING OUT OF NHSA?

There is one Pearson who, at this time, is totally left out of this process. That is the PERSON that is a member of a club and who opts out of joining NHSA.

YOU MUST BE A "MEMBER OF A CLUB THAT IS A MEMBER OF NHSA" TO QUALIFY FOR THE DISCOUNTED PRICE!!!

I AM PERSUING THIS QUESTION AS F&G NEVER RALY GAVE US AN ANSWER ON IT.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #12
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Some Words of Enouragment on JLCAR

From SledNH this morning,

Using the JLCAR process to stop this?

jhwentworth said:
1. JLCAR: It would take a large number of people to influence this process as the legislature tends to listen to state agencies and recognized organizations.

Bearcat250 said:
Several years ago I testified at a JLCAR hearing. NH Div of W&M were requesting rule changes which put a financial burden on my employer. I had the proper documents to back my position and the rule changes were denied. I was the only one testifying against the rule changes. The committee will listen to you and make a fair decision. From what I heard at my last club meeting I think there's a good chance these rule changes will not be accepted if contested at JLCAR. Just my opinion.

http://www.slednh.com/forums/index.p...comment-103082

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 04-20-2018 at 12:45 PM.