Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #301
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Woodsy

If unsupervised means no counselors actually in the boat, then nearly 100% of campers go out on the lake "unsupervised" at some point. A sailboat or war canoe might have two older (about 14 year old), campers and two younger (about 7 year old) campers.

Everyday is pretty much the same at camp. Usually two activity periods in the morning, two in the afternoon and perhaps one in the evening. Activities are rotated so if 15 campers can do sailing in one period then 75 can be in sailboats in a day. The same is true for kayaks, canoes, and water skiing. Therefore you could theoretically have 75 x 4 = 300 campers on the lake in one day. Each camp on Bear has only 150 campers each so on a really good day you could average 2 boat experiences, per camper, per day.

In reality there is a good chance you will lose 2 days or more of boating a week because of rain, high winds or it being session swap day. Add 2 days for the weekend cowboys and you might only be able to put boats out on the lake 3 out of 7 days in a week.

Can camps double up on off water activities on weekends? Yes, they do it all the time. Is that fair and reasonable? No, it's not! Are most boaters oblivious to the damage they are doing to the programming in children's camps? Yes, they are!
And how many days out of the summer do I actually get to boat after paying THOUSANDS of dollars in slip, hotels, maintenance, and restaurants?

Us nasty cowboys that have a boat that can do 50 MPH are just ruining it for everybody. Yeah right.

Get a grip BI
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #302
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,767
Thanks: 225
Thanked 628 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Can camps double up on off water activities on weekends? Yes, they do it all the time. Is that fair and reasonable? No, it's not! Are most boaters oblivious to the damage they are doing to the programming in children's camps? Yes, they are!
I don't undertstand how raising the speed limit to 55 on the Broads affects kids going to camp on Bear Island. With the 45 MPH daytime speed limit, there's obviously nothing to limit to on-water activities right now. If the speed limit gets raised in the Broads, nothing changes for Bear Island camps, it's still 45 MPH near the camps.
Dave R is offline  
Old 04-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #303
Bear Islander
Senior Member
 
Bear Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 23
Thanked 363 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
I don't undertstand how raising the speed limit to 55 on the Broads affects kids going to camp on Bear Island. With the 45 MPH daytime speed limit, there's obviously nothing to limit to on-water activities right now. If the speed limit gets raised in the Broads, nothing changes for Bear Island camps, it's still 45 MPH near the camps.
You are correct. I am not opposed to 55 mph on the broads. It seems to be a very reasonable compromise.

The central argument is speed limits vs no limits.

Are you saying that if 55 in the broads passes you will then be perfectly happy with speed limits?
Bear Islander is offline  
Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #304
Dave R
Senior Member
 
Dave R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,767
Thanks: 225
Thanked 628 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Are you saying that if 55 in the broads passes you will then be perfectly happy with speed limits?
I think 55 is a little slow for an area that's 15 square miles open water, but it's better than 45 and a step in the right direction. I was perfectly happy without daytime limits, but I think 45 around areas like Bear Island is reasonable and prudent.
Dave R is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #305
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,454
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 196
Thanked 501 Times in 374 Posts
Default

Yesterday's April 20 Laconia Citizen, which is now only available to read when you buy it for 50-cents at a news stand and not on the internet anymore, had a headline article on the SB-27 hearing at the statehouse. The Concord Monitor, Laconia Daily Sun, and the Laconia Citizen all had news stories on it. The Union Leader, which is the biggest newspaper in the state, did not cover it.

The article in the Citizen suggests that the tide of legislative opinion in the 400-seat House of Representatives could be turning, and that it well could be that SB-27 will be voted NO by a majority of the state reps.

Of the 80 different people who attended the hearing as visitors to the statehouse, which included "camp directors, the Loon Preservation Society, business owners, the N.H. Lakes Association, and regular voters": 73 signed the roll as being against SB-27, which raises the speed limit in the broads from 45-mph up to 55-mph, and only 7 were in favor. That's a ratio of ten to one!

Could be that Gov Lynch and his veto stamp may not be needed? Time will tell?
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #306
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
The article in the Citizen suggests that the tide of legislative opinion in the 400-seat House of Representatives could be turning, and that it well could be that SB-27 will be voted NO by a majority of the state reps.
You are right "fatlazyless", the tide is changing in a big way.

The Republican State Representative D. J. Bettencourt, the House majority leader, has just put this thing to bed. He is against SB-27.


This is what the Citizen article said:

Boat speed limit supporters buoyed by hearing
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:00 am

Boat speed limit supporters buoyed by hearing By JOHN KOZIOL jkoziol@citizen.com citizen.com | 0 comments

CONCORD ó Based on his and others' testimony, including a number of Lakes Region lawmakers, Warren Hutchins is optimistic that a bill to raise the daytime speed limit in The Broads on Lake Winnipesaukee will not succeed.

Senate Bill 27, which squeaked out of the Senate on a 13-11 vote, was the subject of four hours of hearings Tuesday before the House of Representative's Transportation Committee which will vote on the item sometime next month.

In addition to what he said appeared to be the committee's receptivity to the pro-speed limits argument, Hutchins, who is a Laconia resident and a member of WinnFABS ó the Winnipesaukee Family Alliance for Boating Safety ó also has an e-mail pledge from state Rep. D.J. Bettencourt, the House Republican leader, to oppose SB27.

SB27 represents a compromise presented by the Safe Boaters of New Hampshire, which has faced off against WinnFABS since 2006, that would have eliminated numeric speed limits on the Big Lake entirely, instead letting Marine Patrol officers determine whether a boat was traveling too fast for current conditions.

Having prevailed in getting the Legislature in 2009 to adopt a 45-mile-per-hour daytime limit and 25 mph nighttime limit on Lake Winnipesaukee, WinnFABS and its supporters were upset when the N.H. General Court last year raised the nighttime limit to 30 mph. When SB27 was introduced earlier this year, WinnFABS lined up against it and later against the compromise proposed by SBONH that would raise the daytime limit to 50 mph, but only in The Broads.

Last week, both WinnFABS and SBONH released studies that they said bolstered their respective positions. On Tuesday, Hutchins said he reiterated some of the points in his group's research which he noted found overwhelming support for speed limits on Lake Winnipesaukee.

By his math, Hutchins thinks speed limit supporters outnumbered opponents by a factor of 10:1 on Tuesday, based on the number of people who noted their preference in writing to the committee; while in direct testimony, "and I try not to be prejudiced, but I believe it was close to 85 percent of speakers who wanted to leave the 45-25 as it is."

Among the speakers on behalf of the speed limits were Jeff Thurston of Thurston Marine in Laconia, as well as state representatives Alida Millham, R-Gilford, chair of the Belknap County Delegation, as well as Peter Bolster, R-Alton; and Harry Accornero and Bob Luther, both of whom are Republicans from Laconia.

Hutchins presented letters from both the Laconia City Council and the executive board of the Lakes Region Planning Commission supporting current speed limits.

A member of the Laconia Planning Board, Hutchins also pointed out that, of the 1,500 approved residential units in Laconia, 85 percent are in The Weirs "and the reason for that is the lake."

"We need buyers who want to come buy these properties," said Hutchins, and the buyers will come, he continued, if they know they will have safe access to the lake.

Hutchins said he called members' attention to the fact that the transportation committee has no one from the Lakes Region serving on it and said the committee needs to question the credibility of those who come before it to speak on behalf of SB27.

"I feel very confident" that SB27 will not get out of the committee to the full House, said Hutchins. "I felt that the committee members were paying attention and could discern credible evidence."

He added that he was further encouraged by a reply he received to an e-mail he sent to Bettencourt.

In his April 10 answer, a copy of which Hutchins provided to The Citizen, Bettencourt concedes that, while he previously opposed speed limits, that no is longer the case.

"Since this issue directly affects an area outside of my district, I am going to be deferential to those voices who experience and live with this issue everyday. Therefore, it is my intention to oppose Senate Bill 27."
Bettencourt said feedback "indicates the limits have been a success and that the lake has not lost its fun or enjoyment. It is also clear that the speed limits have not stopped ANYONE from boating. In fact, they have instilled and reinforced a sense of proper behavior on our state's most important and well-known waterway."
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #307
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

If SB-27 does not pass, does WinnFlabs think the issue will be dead?

Also, in the article posted by Rusty he fails to point out that some legislators testified in support of the bill.

I've gone to about 10 public hearings combined between Concord and Disgusta. If anyone thinks the sign-in log is the tell-tale of the constituency then we're all in trouble.

We really don't know how this vote is going to go and for Hutchins to say otherwise is an optimistic WAG. I think it's a huge political mistake for WinnFlabs to oppose SB-27. Kinda like taking points off the board after kicking a FG to try for a TD and then fumbling the next snap.

The claims made by WinnFlabs are just over the top absurd.

Unfortunately the boating community is a relatively small percentage so you'll have people who know nothing about boating chiming in. You can tell by reading some of the comments. This is something WinnFlabs gets a tactical advantage and they don't have to even work to gain it.

According to WinnFlabs, prior to the speed limit everyone was driving around at WOT and people were staying off the water because of speeding boats. Now it's all song birds and canoes. Of course we all know that's not the truth.

I can respect people's opinion but the exaggerations and distortion added to statements used by BI, APS and others is where they lose credibility IMO. You'd think I've never driven a boat on Winni and because they say something that it just "must be so." I can see with my own eyes thank you.

In the end, WinnFlabs has not ONE piece of evidence that the SL improves safety for ANYONE. Will be an interesting vote nonetheless.
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #308
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

You know what’s funny psycho? SB-27 was originated by a young immature dreamer, and when he said at the meeting; "I just saw it as not only crushing my dream, but crushing the dreams of other kids growing up”, that pretty much summed it up for why this bill was originated (and why it will be defeated). His need and dreams for speed was the only thing behind this bill and all his followers drank the Kool Aid. He bought himself a “Thunder Boat” and come hell or high water he is going to see how fast he can go and everyone else better get out of his way. That is immature in my book.

Last edited by Rusty; 04-21-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #309
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 105
Thanked 377 Times in 243 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You know whatís funny psycho? SB-27 was originated by a young immature dreamer, and when he said at the meeting; "I just saw it as not only crushing my dream, but crushing the dreams of other kids growing upĒ, that pretty much summed it up for why this bill was originated (and why it will be defeated). His need and dreams for speed was the only thing behind this bill and all his followers drank the Kool Aid. He bought himself a ďThunder BoatĒ and come hell or high water he is going to see how fast he can go and everyone else better get out of his way. That is immature in my book.
While I am for SB-27, I do find that article painted Scott in the worst possible light. If the whole "dreams" pitch was truly his it was not the best pitch to put out there in the news...
codeman671 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
Rusty (04-21-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #310
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
While I am for SB-27, I do find that article painted Scott in the worst possible light. If the whole "dreams" pitch was truly his it was not the best pitch to put out there in the news...
You are so right codeman671. I wonder if he cried at the meeting?

Just curious that's all.
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #311
Bear Islander
Senior Member
 
Bear Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 23
Thanked 363 Times in 170 Posts
Default

I consider Scott to be a friend. I have worked with him on other legislation. He believes in what he is fighting for, and he is doing it in an honorable way. I also think the compromise he wants for the broads is reasonable.

It is unfortunate that a great many responsible boaters have been inconvenienced by speed limits on Winni. I wish there were a way to allow responsible performance boaters to continue to use they lake in the way they once did.

However there is an old saying that you can't make an omelet, without breaking eggs. At the end of the day, I support speed limits and he does not.
Bear Islander is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bear Islander For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (04-21-2011), Pineedles (04-21-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #312
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You know what’s funny psycho? SB-27 was originated by a young immature dreamer, and when he said at the meeting; "I just saw it as not only crushing my dream, but crushing the dreams of other kids growing up”, that pretty much summed it up for why this bill was originated (and why it will be defeated). His need and dreams for speed was the only thing behind this bill and all his followers drank the Kool Aid. He bought himself a “Thunder Boat” and come hell or high water he is going to see how fast he can go and everyone else better get out of his way. That is immature in my book.
Rusty, you seem to have some kind of hatred embedded in your post. I put this in perspective. If you think a driver going 55 MPH on Lake Winni in a nice boat is the anti-Christ than why do you own a lake front business?

Many of these boats were lawfully purchased at NH boat dealers. They don't pose anywhere near the threat that they've been portrayed to do.

If you want to ride slow in your boat then do so. There is so much water on the lake that there's room for everyone to operate. It's worked for a long time that way on the lake. The speed limit is propagated by a very narrow minded group. They've lost objectivity. The SL does nothing for safety and is why WinnFlabs has to repeatedly resort to embellishments of claims.

Again, we don't know how the vote will go. You and I can guess but weird stuff happens when votes get to the floor. I hope it passes. If not, I suspect we'll go through it all over again. What we need is the "right" person to get cited for a speedking violation It's not the slam dunk that traffic tickets are and could easily be contested.
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #313
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Rusty, you seem to have some kind of hatred embedded in your post. I put this in perspective. If you think a driver going 55 MPH on Lake Winni in a nice boat is the anti-Christ than why do you own a lake front business?

Many of these boats were lawfully purchased at NH boat dealers. They don't pose anywhere near the threat that they've been portrayed to do.

If you want to ride slow in your boat then do so. There is so much water on the lake that there's room for everyone to operate. It's worked for a long time that way on the lake. The speed limit is propagated by a very narrow minded group. They've lost objectivity. The SL does nothing for safety and is why WinnFlabs has to repeatedly resort to embellishments of claims.

Again, we don't know how the vote will go. You and I can guess but weird stuff happens when votes get to the floor. I hope it passes. If not, I suspect we'll go through it all over again. What we need is the "right" person to get cited for a speedking violation It's not the slam dunk that traffic tickets are and could easily be contested.
I donít have hatred for anyone. I donít particularly care for hypocrites, but I donít hate them.
Iíll just leave it at that.

I will say one thing though, itís time for you to put your Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum away and try to enjoy what the state of NH has to offer you. I love this state and when people who donít live here constantly think they know whatís best for us, it bothers the H*** out of me; and Iíll voice my opinion about that every chance I get.
Rusty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
Skip (04-21-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #314
Dhuberty24
Senior Member
 
Dhuberty24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hooksett,NH
Posts: 82
Thanks: 11
Thanked 32 Times in 19 Posts
Default

what business does rusty own?
Dhuberty24 is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #315
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhuberty24 View Post
what business does rusty own?
Since he could care less about those from out of town let him tell you. It was already revealed (I think in this thread actually). We'll see if he is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Last edited by lawn psycho; 04-21-2011 at 06:16 PM.
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #316
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I donít have hatred for anyone. I donít particularly care for hypocrites, but I donít hate them.
Iíll just leave it at that.

I will say one thing though, itís time for you to put your Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum away and try to enjoy what the state of NH has to offer you. I love this state and when people who donít live here constantly think they know whatís best for us, it bothers the H*** out of me; and Iíll voice my opinion about that every chance I get.
First, since Dirty Harry is protecting my herd of green friends he upgraded and that's a S&W 0.500 you're looking at That's some precious stuff he's watching over....

Second, be careful about painting with a broad brush as some of us have some pretty deep NH ties. Last time I checked my boat also has a NH registration which means my boat is slipped and stored in NH. So try as you might, I have a vested interest in NH boating. Surprise, suprise
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #317
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 1,250
Thanked 1,375 Times in 688 Posts
Default Be reasonable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I donít have hatred for anyone. I donít particularly care for hypocrites, but I donít hate them.
Iíll just leave it at that.

I will say one thing though, itís time for you to put your Smith & Wesson .44 Magnum away and try to enjoy what the state of NH has to offer you. I love this state and when people who donít live here constantly think they know whatís best for us, it bothers the H*** out of me; and Iíll voice my opinion about that every chance I get.
Rusty, without people from out of state, we would not have much of an economy in NH.
VitaBene is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Pineedles (04-21-2011), ronc4424 (04-22-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #318
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Rusty, without people from out of state, we would not have much of an economy in NH.
ViaBene,

May I ask where I said I didn't welcome out of state visitors?


Thank you,
Rusty
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #319
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 1,250
Thanked 1,375 Times in 688 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
ViaBene,

May I ask where I said I didn't welcome out of state visitors?


Thank you,
Rusty
I am not going to argue semantics with you (or argue period), but when you say this:

Quote:
I love this state and when people who donít live here constantly think they know whatís best for us, it bothers the H*** out of me
regarding people from out of state (many who pay more in taxes here than I do), it is not very welcoming. Everyone that visits and supports our economy, or owns property and cannot vote, has the right to express their opinion on what we should do in NH.

The residents of NH reserve the right to listen or not.
VitaBene is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #320
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Everyone that visits and supports our economy, or owns property and cannot vote, has the right to express their opinion on what we should do in NH.

The residents of NH reserve the right to listen or not.
You're right VitaBene, but I also have the right to express my disaproval of their opinion without you or anyone else saying I don't welcome visitors to NH.

If you don't want to argue with me or anyone else in this thread then maybe you shouldn't say anything. You can't have it all your way without a response from me or anyone else.
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #321
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 33
Thanked 437 Times in 247 Posts
Default

Rusty has a screen name the same a lakefront business owner's real first name. I don't remember either screen-name Rusty or the webmaster conforming that Rusty is Rusty.
jrc is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #322
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Rusty has a screen name the same a lakefront business owner's real first name. I don't remember either screen-name Rusty or the webmaster conforming that Rusty is Rusty.
Why the fascination with who I am or what business/es I have. Does it make me a better or worse forum member?
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:13 PM   #323
codeman671
Senior Member
 
codeman671's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,544
Thanks: 105
Thanked 377 Times in 243 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Rusty has a screen name the same a lakefront business owner's real first name. I don't remember either screen-name Rusty or the webmaster conforming that Rusty is Rusty.
If this Rusty is that Rusty, then it would be rather foolish for this Rusty to be trashing out of staters as a large volume of patrons to his establishments are tourists our non-residents.

I also recall ties from one of these establishments to a well known tradgedy on the lake.

Same Rusty? If so I would be careful of the darts I throw...
codeman671 is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #324
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 33
Thanked 437 Times in 247 Posts
Default

I'm not fascinated by who you are, I'm just commenting on Dhuberty24 questions.

It is interesting that you either are "that" Rusty and willing to risk all you built just to bust balls on this forum. Or, you are not "that" Rusty but are willing to let others think you are, I guess to trade on his name.

Either choice is sad.
jrc is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM   #325
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I'm not fascinated by who you are, I'm just commenting on Dhuberty24 questions.

It is interesting that you either are "that" Rusty and willing to risk all you built just to bust balls on this forum. Or, you are not "that" Rusty but are willing to let others think you are, I guess to trade on his name.

Either choice is sad.
How am I busting balls in this forum. Iím for the speed limit and you and others arenít. Why am I such a bad person because I have different opinions than someone.

I have never advertised any business on this website, or forum. I like the name Rusty so I picked it for a forum user name. I am not trying to pretend to be anyone other than a forum member.

What do you want my forum name to be so that it doesnít upset you so much?
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #326
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
How am I busting balls in this forum. I’m for the speed limit and you and others aren’t. Why am I such a bad person because I have different opinions than someone.

I have never advertised any business on this website, or forum. I like the name Rusty so I picked it for a forum user name. I am not trying to pretend to be anyone other than a forum member.

What do you want my forum name to be so that it doesn’t upset you so much?
Are you the business owner or not? Simple question.

You've been so quick to dismiss any opinion from others (ie, people who don't live in NH) and now you get miffed when called on it? Isn't that saying that their opinion doesn't count? You've typed those words multiple times too. Mouth = money?
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #327
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Are you the business owner or not? Simple question.

You've been so quick to dismiss any opinion from others (ie, people who don't live in NH) and now you get miffed when called on it? Isn't that saying that their opinion doesn't count? You've typed those words multiple times too. Mouth = money?
Go here: http://tinyurl.com/crhqgw
Rusty is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
Skip (04-22-2011), Sue Doe-Nym (04-22-2011)
Old 04-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #328
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
That doesn't work. Yes or No. Pick one.
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #329
fatlazyless
Senior Member
 
fatlazyless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,454
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 196
Thanked 501 Times in 374 Posts
Default

You know ......there's a lakes region tow truck business with some huge, gigundic tow trucks, and they all say Rusty's all over every truck! So, most likely, after conducting a serious investigation here, it has been determined that the RUSTY here in this thread is that guy who drives the great big tow truck! That's a no-brainer.....come on....this here is that RUSTY guy with the great big tow truck!
__________________
Down & out, livn that Walmart side of the lake!
fatlazyless is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #330
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
You know ......there's a lakes region tow truck business with some huge, gigundic tow trucks, and they all say Rusty's all over every truck! So, most likely, after conducting a serious investigation here, it has been determined that the RUSTY here in this thread is that guy who drives the great big tow truck! That's a no-brainer.....come on....this here is that RUSTY guy with the great big tow truck!
Good one fatlazyless!

Last edited by Rusty; 04-23-2011 at 05:38 AM. Reason: removed photo
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #331
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 33
Thanked 437 Times in 247 Posts
Default

Hi Rusty, good to have another forum member eager to debate the speed limit and other issues with us. Glad you cleared up the mistaken identity, I'm sure it was unintentional.
jrc is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:10 AM   #332
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

As a little boy it was my dream (and Iím sure other little boys dreams) to own an automobile that is luxurious and perfectly balanced with a combination of high-powered performance and sleek, racy design.

Well I finally found it with the Uber-Luxury, $1.4M Bugatti. It is one of the world's fastest cars with a 1000+ horsepower engine fed by four bi-turbochargers. The car can go zero to 60 miles per hour in 2.5 seconds!
That being said I am going to get a petition going that will remove all speed limits on NH highways.

We all know that it isnít speed that kills, it is due to the lack of driver education and alcohol. Simply put: ďtoo many boneheads on the highwayĒ.


Below is a picture of the car that I might buy if I can get the speed limits removed from our highways:
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #333
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 33
Thanked 437 Times in 247 Posts
Default

Taking the speed limit off interstates would not necessarilly mean an increase in accidents and deaths. Search autobahn.

Since we are setting up strawmen, how about we set speed limits to 45 day and 30 nights on every road in the state? That way people can buzz by the school at the same speed as on route 93?

Or even more reflective, have no speed limit on any other road in the state, but have a 45 mph limit on the single biggest, widest, most open road in the state.
jrc is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #334
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Taking the speed limit off interstates would not necessarilly mean an increase in accidents and deaths. Search autobahn.

Since we are setting up strawmen, how about we set speed limits to 45 day and 30 nights on every road in the state? That way people can buzz by the school at the same speed as on route 93?

Or even more reflective, have no speed limit on any other road in the state, but have a 45 mph limit on the single biggest, widest, most open road in the state.
OK then, I’ll compromise with you. As long as I can get the speed limit removed from the interstates (sound familiar to you?). Also I promise not to come back ever again if this passes (sound familiar to you?).

Please jrc...don't ruin all my little boy dreams....please!!!!
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #335
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
OK then, I’ll compromise with you. As long as I can get the speed limit removed from the interstates (sound familiar to you?). Also I promise not to come back ever again if this passes (sound familiar to you?).

Please jrc...don't ruin all my little boy dreams....please!!!!
Rusty, you do realize how stupid it is for you to bring interstate speed limits into the argument don't you?

There are civil engineering DESIGN CRITERIA involved with roads. We've already discussed this before. Speed limits on roads are based on ENGINEERING DATA. The site lines on Winnipesaukee are huge. The seperation of boats is huge compared to the interstate and the speeds are not comparable. Do you have 150 ft rule on I-93?

You're barking up the wrong tree. If you want to now use interstate traffic standards then you better start coughing up data and we know the pro-SL crowd doesn't have any to present.

Apples and oranges.

Also you take issue with OCD wanting to have a boat that only until the SL came along was a perfectly legal hobby. So what is it that you like to do as I am sure we can pick apart whatever interests you may have
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #336
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Taking the speed limit off interstates would not necessarilly mean an increase in accidents and deaths. Search autobahn.
jrc,

I agree with you. As I said in my earlier post "Iíll compromise with you as long as I can get the speed limit removed from the interstates".

There are civil engineering DESIGN CRITERIA involved with interstate highways that will allow for fast speeds.

Also as we all know there hasn't been any engineering studies done on lakes to allow the Go Fast Be Loud (GFBL) boats to go at full throttle like autos can on interstate highways.

So what do you say? Can I go ahead with the petition?
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #337
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
jrc,

I agree with you. As I said in my earlier post "Iíll compromise with you as long as I can get the speed limit removed from the interstates".

There are civil engineering DESIGN CRITERIA involved with interstate highways that will allow for fast speeds.

Also as we all know there hasn't been any engineering studies done on lakes to allow the Go Fast Be Loud (GFBL) boats to go at full throttle like autos can on interstate highways.

So what do you say? Can I go ahead with the petition?

Rusty, take a boat at 50 MPH and then shut off the throttle. Notice how quickly the boat stops? With no brakes even!

We already have the data that shows no accidents at or above the current speed limits after literally decades of of being that way. Nothing like emperical data to squash pointless blather....
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #338
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Rusty, take a boat at 50 MPH and then shut off the throttle. Notice how quickly the boat stops? With no brakes even!
Why the h*** don't you ask someone else to break the law on lake Winnipesaukee by going 50 MPH. Didn't you know that the speed limit is 45 MPH?
All I can say is that I'm sure glad that you don't own a GFBL boat!!!
Rusty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
Skip (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 04:35 PM   #339
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Why the h*** don't you ask someone else to break the law on lake Winnipesaukee by going 50 MPH. Didn't you know that the speed limit is 45 MPH?
All I can say is that I'm sure glad that you don't own a GFBL boat!!!
Rusty be cute all you want but facts are facts. Notice that whenever we talk data you deflect? That does not go unnoticed. I'm not going to cut you any slack. Since you brought it up, where's the data that supports the need for a 45 MPH limit?

Also, I did not say to do it on Winni so you made assumptions. Yeah, now a boat going 50 MPH is some awful thing to happen. Maybe I'll buy one and circle Bear Island like a shark

If SB-27 does not pass, I do not see 45 MPH staying law forever......
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #340
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Also, I did not say to do it on Winni so you made assumptions. Yeah, now a boat going 50 MPH is some awful thing to happen. Maybe I'll buy one and circle Bear Island like a shark
Ya know what psycho, your joking around about taunting people is going to land you into a heap of trouble someday. It’s really too too bad that the honest hard working people on Bear Island need to have a dozen security cameras around their property just to protect themselves from jokesters like you. Your comments might seem like jokes to you, but I’ll bet that they take them pretty serious.

Turing your boom box up as loud as you can get it and also circling the island like a shark might seem harmless to you, but who knows what else you might do.

Psycho…it’s just not funny anymore…..and please stop it!!!

If you want to attack me, then go ahead, but when you make comments about my posts, please don’t make jokes about what you want to do to other people.
Rusty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
Skip (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #341
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Ya know what psycho, your joking around about taunting people is going to land you into a heap of trouble someday. Itís really too too bad that the honest hard working people on Bear Island need to have a dozen security cameras around their property just to protect themselves from jokesters like you. Your comments might seem like jokes to you, but Iíll bet that they take them pretty serious.

Turing your boom box up as loud as you can get it and also circling the island like a shark might seem harmless to you, but who knows what else you might do.

PsychoÖitís just not funny anymoreÖ..and please stop it!!!

If you want to attack me, then go ahead, but when you make comments about my posts, please donít make jokes about what you want to do to other people.
That's Mr. Lawn Psycho too you.

You constantly want to deflect. So what hobbies do you like Rusty so we can pick apart whatever it is that interests you.

Spare us all the diatribes. Nothing that I have said construes illegal activity although you desperately want to grasp at straws.

Again, where's the data?
lawn psycho is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #342
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 33
Thanked 437 Times in 247 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
OK then, Iíll compromise with you. As long as I can get the speed limit removed from the interstates (sound familiar to you?). Also I promise not to come back ever again if this passes (sound familiar to you?).

Please jrc...don't ruin all my little boy dreams....please!!!!
I don't have the power to make your dreams come true. Maybe you have me confused with someone?

As far as I can remember, no one advocated no speed limit at all times and places either on the water or the road. I know I don't.

Now as Lawn Psycho has yet again gone over the line, and you are just playing, I will once again try to stay out of this arguement.

Never have and never will own a boat that can break 45 mph. So why do keep jumping back in?
jrc is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #343
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I don't have the power to make your dreams come true. Maybe you have me confused with someone?

As far as I can remember, no one advocated no speed limit at all times and places either on the water or the road. I know I don't.

Now as Lawn Psycho has yet again gone over the line, and you are just playing, I will once again try to stay out of this arguement.

Never have and never will own a boat that can break 45 mph. So why do keep jumping back in?
Thank you jrc!

psycho has gone over the line too many times to suit me also.

By reading some of his comments I think the people who live on Bear Island have something to be concerned about.
Rusty is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty For This Useful Post:
Skip (04-23-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #344
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I don't have the power to make your dreams come true. Maybe you have me confused with someone?

As far as I can remember, no one advocated no speed limit at all times and places either on the water or the road. I know I don't.

Now as Lawn Psycho has yet again gone over the line, and you are just playing, I will once again try to stay out of this arguement.

Never have and never will own a boat that can break 45 mph. So why do keep jumping back in?
Over the line? So driving a boat around Bear Island is over the line? You guys are so full of yourselves.

If I want to circle Bear Island you can bet your butt I'll do it. You tell me what part of driving my boat around Bear Island would be illegal? Please enlighten me jrc. I'll all ears.

Over the line is calling someone's passion out as some sinister behavior. Owning a performance boat is not illegal but Rusty wants to believe a speed limit with make the disappear from the lake. It's perfectly legal to own and register boats. Rusty's own words PROVE that he is specifically target certain boats. That's over the line.

I want to know what hobbies Rusty partakes in so we can critizize his activities.

I could give a rats @$$ if you "think" something is out of line. Rusty wants to poke people in the eye by making fun of them and I was returning in kind. Deal with it.
lawn psycho is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post:
Bear Islander (04-24-2011), Seaplane Pilot (04-24-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #345
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Thank you jrc!

psycho has gone over the line too many times to suit me also.

By reading some of his comments I think the people who live on Bear Island have something to be concerned about.
I don't care what you think. You think calling me "psycho" when my user name is LAWN psycho is not trying to stretch things a bit?

Regarding you last sentence, you tell me PRECISELY what I have posted that is illegal? If not I think you have libeled me should retract that sentence. I'm not kidding.

Being an adult you know full well the difference between banter and a threat. Man up and apologize as calling me a threat and reason for anyone to be concerned is going WAAAAY to far.
lawn psycho is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post:
Seaplane Pilot (04-24-2011)
Old 04-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #346
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I don't care what you think. You think calling me "psycho" when my user name is LAWN psycho is not trying to stretch things a bit?

Regarding you last sentence, you tell me PRECISELY what I have posted that is illegal? If not I think you have libeled me and should retract that sentence. I'm not kidding.
OMG what have I done!

Yes psycho I retract everything I have said that has gotten you upset.

Please calm down, I don't want to be responsible for making you do something that you might regret.

Please have a good evening and have a happy easter!
Rusty is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #347
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
OMG what have I done!

Yes psycho I retract everything I have said that has gotten you upset.

Please calm down, I don't want to be responsible for making you do something that you might regret.

Please have a good evening and have a happy easter!
Rusty, I have more years of education than many people on this board combined. Not arrogance, fact. Way more to lose than the average schmuck by wanting to waste my time with Bear Island.

If you can't pick out the difference between humor and reality than maybe you should find some self-help books before the stores close tonight.

You can act like a child by only using part of my user name which is fine but in the context in which you are using it I consider you to be an a__

Any day you feel you can take me on in a public debate in front of an audience regarding rafting or the speed limit just name the time and place and I'll be there.

So tell me what your hobbies are so we can ridicule you? I'll show you how easy it is to pick apart just about anything people do. The only reason I reply in this forum is to make sure the "other side" is heard. Politics and perception is why a SL is in place. Your ideals of safety still allude you. Just want to remind you of the real world....

I just bit off the head of a chocolate bunny! Better go round up the bunny police
lawn psycho is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post:
Ryan (04-25-2011), Seaplane Pilot (04-24-2011)
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.18085 seconds