Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default WinnFabs lobbyists

Here's link the the NH lobbyists. Do a find for "WinnFab". Got to love how our government allows pocket lining to influence legislation

http://www.sos.nh.gov/lobname.html
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
Wolfeboro_Baja
Senior Member
 
Wolfeboro_Baja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hopkinton NH
Posts: 395
Thanks: 88
Thanked 80 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Looking at that lobbyist list, I find it ironic that many of the SL supporters have been giving SBONH so much grief because many (I don't know how many) of the state senators and reps signing onto their proposed bills aren't from the Lakes Region AND YET, according to the lobbyist list, Winnfabs is located in NASHUA which doesn't agree with their nonprofit report filed with the Secretary of State's office (which was filed LATE by the way!)!!
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Bear Islander
Senior Member
 
Bear Islander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bear Island
Posts: 1,685
Thanks: 23
Thanked 363 Times in 170 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
Looking at that lobbyist list, I find it ironic that many of the SL supporters have been giving SBONH so much grief because many (I don't know how many) of the state senators and reps signing onto their proposed bills aren't from the Lakes Region AND YET, according to the lobbyist list, Winnfabs is located in NASHUA which doesn't agree with their nonprofit report filed with the Secretary of State's office (which was filed LATE by the way!)!!
Many people that summer at Lake Winnipesaukee have winter homes elsewhere. This is true of WinnFABS people as well as state Senators and Representatives. It is also true of SBONH supporters.

How is making a mountain out of this mole hill advancing your argument against speed limits?
Bear Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM   #4
Wolfeboro_Baja
Senior Member
 
Wolfeboro_Baja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hopkinton NH
Posts: 395
Thanks: 88
Thanked 80 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Many people that summer at Lake Winnipesaukee have winter homes elsewhere. This is true of WinnFABS people as well as state Senators and Representatives. It is also true of SBONH supporters.

How is making a mountain out of this mole hill advancing your argument against speed limits?
I'm well aware that some people (yourself included) have winter homes away from the lake. I never claimed it would advance anything.

Since the SL supporters were so nit-picky and commented about bill sponsors not being from the Lakes Region, I thought it ironic that neither is WinnFabs. I thought turn-about was fair play; apparently, it's not.
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfeboro_Baja For This Useful Post:
lawn psycho (02-09-2011), Two dobys (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Again….. here's a link to the NH lobbyists. Do a find for " Marine Trades Association" (Erica Blizzard’s Lakeport Landing Marina is an active supporter of this association), it is in there 5 times. Got to love how our government allows pocket lining to influence legislation.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
Wolfeboro_Baja
Senior Member
 
Wolfeboro_Baja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hopkinton NH
Posts: 395
Thanks: 88
Thanked 80 Times in 46 Posts
Default

IMO, ALL lobbyists should be BANNED from ALL levels of government. Of course, we know the lobbyists and the folks they represent would just find another way to buy the influence of the politicians. But for now, I guess all's fair in love, war and politics!
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfeboro_Baja For This Useful Post:
Rusty (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
AllAbourdon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 61
Thanks: 22
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

As I mentioned before, there were people from the pro-sl crowd grabbing signatures from random people in the seacoast area on a nice saturday afternoon. I was approached to sign and was unable to even speak with the person holding the petition, she ran off when I told her my opinion. "Absolutely not!" She said "Oh I get it, Live Free or Die Right."

Another agravating part is writing emails to legislators that then recommend we contact the representatives in our specific district. Hello?
AllAbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AllAbourdon For This Useful Post:
Colby (03-01-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
Skipper
Member
 
Skipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 35
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down Money talks

It must be nice to afford lobbyists. WinnFIBS seems to have the bucks to influence the Senate. Makes it hard for the ordinary people to fight back

I heard that there were several paid PRO speed limit lobbyists at the Senate hearing. Money talks and laws just may be able to be bought.
__________________
Skipper

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Colby
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 9
Thanked 7 Times in 1 Post
Question How much do lobbyists cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
It must be nice to afford lobbyists. WinnFIBS seems to have the bucks to influence the Senate. Makes it hard for the ordinary people to fight back

I heard that there were several paid PRO speed limit lobbyists at the Senate hearing. Money talks and laws just may be able to be bought.
How much does it cost to influence the Senators? Are the lobbyists paid by the hour or by the issue or what? How does that work? Do they have the same prices or can you find lobbyists with sales and low prices?
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #10
VitaBene
Senior Member
 
VitaBene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moultonborough
Posts: 3,122
Thanks: 1,250
Thanked 1,375 Times in 688 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
How much does it cost to influence the Senators? Are the lobbyists paid by the hour or by the issue or what? How does that work? Do they have the same prices or can you find lobbyists with sales and low prices?
I don't know how they are paid, but I assume hourly. There were 3 lobbyists at the SB27 hearing and none were SBONH's.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #11
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,496
Thanks: 934
Thanked 435 Times in 318 Posts
Question Who—Exactly—Were They?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
IMO, ALL lobbyists should be BANNED from ALL levels of government. Of course, we know the lobbyists and the folks they represent would just find another way to buy the influence of the politicians. But for now, I guess all's fair in love, war and politics!
1) In our highest level of Government, most Legislators are attorneys. While they may may know their way extremely well around insurance "compensations", they may know nothing about, say, health care. Lobbyists, such as AARP, can "enlighten" the Legislators.

Quote:
AARP operates as a non-profit advocate for its members and as one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the United States, and it also sells insurance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARP
2) I receive an occasional mailing from WinnFABS. They refer only to "our lobbyist"—in the singular. (Not lobbyists—plural.)

(A fact).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I don't know how they are paid, but I assume hourly. There were 3 lobbyists at the SB27 hearing and none were SBONH's.
Beginning without any "assumptions", what is your exact meaning?

I read from their literature, that WinnFABS has just one paid lobbyist.

Were any of those lobbyists that your observed—unpaid lobbyists speaking in favor of "Enhanced Speed Limits"?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #12
gtagrip
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 301
Thanks: 115
Thanked 75 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Were any of those lobbyists that your observed—unpaid lobbyists speaking in favor of "Enhanced Speed Limits"?
APS, as you know, money can buy just about anything! I suppose SBONH is not as well funded as......, well I think you know where I am going with this.....
gtagrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #13
Sandy Beach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 71
Thanks: 9
Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Arrow Just because WinnFABS says it does NOT make it true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post

2) I receive an occasional mailing from WinnFABS. They refer only to "our lobbyist"—in the singular. (Not lobbyists—plural.)

(A fact).


Beginning without any "assumptions", what is your exact meaning?

I read from their literature, that WinnFABS has just one paid lobbyist.

Were any of those lobbyists that your observed—unpaid lobbyists speaking in favor of "Enhanced Speed Limits"?
And APS believes everything that WinnFABS says because...? Because it sounds good and bolsters his cause of course! True, it may be a FACT that the WinnFABS SAY they have only one lobbyist but the real FACT is that have MORE than ONE paid lobbyist.

Just a quick look at the lobbyists list (1st post in this thread) I see MORE THAN ONE listed for WinnFABS (or as someone else spelled it, WinnFIBS). Lobbyists ALEXANDER J. KOUTROOUBAS and RICHARD L. BOULEY report taking money from WinnFABS. And that is the list reported as of today. It doesn't show how many more lobbyists there were a few weeks ago.

SO, with very little effort I've demonstrated double the lobbyists that you, APS believe are paid by WinnFABS. There are probably more or those paid for by businesses associated with WinnFABS.
I heard that there were at least half a dozen labeled lobbyists at the hearing just waiting for their chance to grab the ear of a committee member when they stepped out of the chamber to go to the bathroom or whatever.

Just because WinnFABS says it (many times) does NOT MEAN IT IS TRUE. You can call it FACT Mr. APS and bold it and say it with large font but it is FICTION. This WinnFABS one is easy one to illustrate that what some claim is FACT is really FICTION.
Sandy Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #14
ApS
Senior Member
 
ApS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Winnipesaukee & Florida
Posts: 4,496
Thanks: 934
Thanked 435 Times in 318 Posts
Post Unpaid Lobbyists...

Since WinnFABS is a grass-roots organization, they must ask for a donation for their lobbyist—singular.

Do we know how many persons on that list are convinced that Speed Limits are necessary—and are donating their time—but still must fulfill the requirement to be registered as lobbyists?

I submit as earlier stated, that some lobbyists for SBONH's multiple agendas have profit in mind—and are likewise unpaid.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.30667 seconds