Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #101
Gavia immer
Senior Member
 
Gavia immer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 193
Thanks: 21
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I was referring to skip......
Skip knows and researches law, but I don't recall that he is presently employed by any law enforcement agency.
Gavia immer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavia immer For This Useful Post:
lawn psycho (02-22-2011)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #102
brk-lnt
Senior Member
 
brk-lnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Down Shores
Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 487
Thanked 526 Times in 301 Posts
Default

An interesting story on the officer/radar vs. GPS discussion:

http://skattertech.com/2011/02/how-m...traffic-court/
__________________
[insert witty phrase here]
brk-lnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #103
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
Lawn psycho, you make some good points but you went too far. Just like on the rafting thread.

I've had spirited discussions on this board with some of these guys. If you discuss things rationally they will respond in kind. You can learn a lot and make your point. Even if you never agree with someone, it is good to see why they believe what they believe.
I was fine with the back and forth banter until he posted to Rusty about the innocuous nature of a speeding ticket based on subjective criteria and it's OK for people to get a ticket even if they may not have deserved it. Tickets are not as innocuous as you may think so if I were to get one, the officer better damn well have a proper justification. A Ferrari looks fast to me even when parked, so why not just write a speeding ticket and place it under the wiper blade?
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #104
jrc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hollis/Gilford
Posts: 2,688
Thanks: 33
Thanked 437 Times in 247 Posts
Default

I'm not disputing your side of the discussion. A speeding ticket is no small matter.

All I'm saying is you could have explained your concern with HCG's opinions and had a better chance of making him understand your concerns, it you didn't go to all brotherhood and power trip stuff.

You now have missed that opportunity. He now just thinks you're a hothead.

Just like the rafting zone discussion, lots of really good points and then the blast them with the radio comment, discussion over.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #105
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
I'm not disputing your side of the discussion. A speeding ticket is no small matter.

All I'm saying is you could have explained your concern with HCG's opinions and had a better chance of making him understand your concerns, it you didn't go to all brotherhood and power trip stuff.

You now have missed that opportunity. He now just thinks you're a hothead.

Just like the rafting zone discussion, lots of really good points and then the blast them with the radio comment, discussion over.
I can rest on the fact that it's design engineers like me who bring these kind of things to market like radar guns (which isn't my area of practice) and then use technology to take it right back from them.

It must really piss off a cop to point a laser gun at a car and his display reads nothing or "Err"
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #106
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I can rest on the fact that it's design engineers like me who bring these kind of things to market like radar guns (which isn't my area of practice) and then use technology to take it right back from them.

It must really piss off a cop to point a laser gun at a car and his display reads nothing or "Err"

Design engineers like you??? How in heck can you be a design engineer and be on this forum 24/7??

Thank god I didn't have people like you working for me when I was in the same field that you are in (or at least you say you are in).

It's no wonder that this country is falling behind when it comes to productivity….our design engineers are screwing the company that they work for by being on forums like this all day long!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #107
Gavia immer
Senior Member
 
Gavia immer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 193
Thanks: 21
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I can rest on the fact that it's design engineers like me who bring these kind of things to market like radar guns (which isn't my area of practice) and then use technology to take it right back from them.

It must really piss off a cop to point a laser gun at a car and his display reads nothing or "Err"
How much longer can you expect to be on "your" side of Federal law?
Gavia immer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:36 PM   #108
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Design engineers like you??? How in heck can you be a design engineer and be on this forum 24/7??

Thank god I didn't have people like you working for me when I was in the same field that you are in (or at least you say you are in).

It's no wonder that this country is falling behind when it comes to productivity….our design engineers are screwing the company that they work for by being on forums like this all day long!
When we're full gear on a project it's nearly round the clock and I'm in between projects right now. I could only WISH we had slack-off time. Days away from the kick-off of the next project actually. I have enjoyed reading up on the latest radar technology over the last couple days and even finished another book and still had time to read the forum. Imagine that

You can step off the soap box now, I didn't realize that you're my keeper.

Psst, Rusty: I say, I say, BOY, I'm not at work right now

Edit: Odds are you would be working for me.

Last edited by lawn psycho; 02-22-2011 at 03:44 PM. Reason: More eye poking
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 PM   #109
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavia immer View Post
How much longer can you expect to be on "your" side of Federal law?
*Cough* lasar jamming vs radar jamming Go re-read above ^^^^^^^ and you'll see my reference was to radar. Lasar jamming is legal under Federal Law. For the record, lasar jamming is not full-proof but the high-end models are pretty darn good.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #110
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
When we're full gear on a project it's nearly round the clock and I'm in between projects right now. I could only WISH we had slack-off time. Days away from the kick-off of the next project actually. I have enjoyed reading up on the latest radar technology over the last couple days and even finished another book and still had time to read the forum. Imagine that

You can step off the soap box now, I didn't realize that you're my keeper.

Psst, Rusty: I say, I say, BOY, I'm not at work right now

Edit: Odds are you would be working for me.
OMG are you for real??
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #111
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
OMG are you for real??
Keep it real, Rusty. Hugs and kisses. LOL
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #112
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
When we're full gear on a project it's nearly round the clock and I'm in between projects right now. I could only WISH we had slack-off time. Days away from the kick-off of the next project actually. I have enjoyed reading up on the latest radar technology over the last couple days and even finished another book and still had time to read the forum. Imagine that

You can step off the soap box now, I didn't realize that you're my keeper.

Psst, Rusty: I say, I say, BOY, I'm not at work right now

Edit: Odds are you would be working for me.
Did your boss know you were helping someone look for whiskey barrels while on their computer?

This is what you said:

"As far as barrels, you can actually order some barrels from JD if you want to pay shipping. I can't check their site right now as I'm on work PC which blocks me from a site that deals with alcohol and anything else or I would provide the link. Been several years since I did it. Good luck."
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #113
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Did your boss know you were helping someone look for whiskey barrels while on their computer?

This is what you said:

"As far as barrels, you can actually order some barrels from JD if you want to pay shipping. I can't check their site right now as I'm on work PC which blocks me from a site that deals with alcohol and anything else or I would provide the link. Been several years since I did it. Good luck."
Rusty, my boss was one of the 5 individuals who joined in when we bought a barrel of whiskey from JD serveral year ago. I don't think he'd mind Sorry, try again.

Hint: I don't work a "9-5" schedule either because of how I work 1:1 with places that are not all on the same time zones (or continent) if you get my drift. In fact, no one in my group works 9-5.

Edit: Oh yeah, I use my work laptop for almost everything so you're reading to deeply into that post. I can be using my work PC and off the "clock" so to speak. Regardless, I know what my boss would think of someone like you.
Carry on....
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #114
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Rusty, my boss was one of the 5 individuals who joined in when we bought a barrel of whiskey from JD serveral year ago. I don't think he'd mind Sorry, try again.

Hint: I don't work a "9-5" schedule either because of how I work 1:1 with places that are not all on the same time zones (or continent) if you get my drift. In fact, no one in my group works 9-5.

Edit: Oh yeah, I use my work laptop for almost everything so you're reading to deeply into that post. I can be using my work PC and off the "clock" so to speak. Regardless, I know what my boss would think of someone like you.Carry on....
I know one thing; he wouldn't call be a Slaker!

Using your "work PC" and off the clock....you have an excuse for everything.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #115
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I know one thing; he wouldn't call be a Slaker!

Using your "work PC" and off the clock....you have an excuse for everything.
Being serious, my boss actually forces us to take some time off between projects. We work some crazy schedules and hours. Not uncommon for me to work a "night shift" when project is nearing completion.

Not many people would want my schedule but I like what I do (minus the travel).

EDIT: Just for fun I should show Don my ability to make it appear like I am jumping around the world every time I post via my IP address on my work PC

Last edited by lawn psycho; 02-22-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Another thought
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:38 PM   #116
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Being serious, my boss actually forces us to take some time off between projects. We work some crazy schedules and hours. Not uncommon for me to work a "night shift" when project is nearing completion.

Not many people would want my schedule but I like what I do (minus the travel).

EDIT: Just for fun I should show Don my ability to make it appear like I am jumping around the world every time I post via my IP address on my work PC
You even post to this forum while you are in another country? You are addicted to this forum aren't you?

BTW I never said that you didn't work some place or travel. I'm sure you do, I just can't comprehend why you spend so much of your valuable time sitting at a keyboard and buring your head in a screen. Don't you ever do anything with your family?

Sorry I'm getting so nosey......BUT......BUT.....well you know what I mean.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #117
lawn psycho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: On the move...
Posts: 987
Thanks: 113
Thanked 248 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You even post to this forum while you are in another country? You are addicted to this forum aren't you?

BTW I never said that you didn't work some place or travel. I'm sure you do, I just can't comprehend why you spend so much of your valuable time sitting at a keyboard and buring your head in a screen. Don't you ever do anything with your family?

Sorry I'm getting so nosey......BUT......BUT.....well you know what I mean.
It's winter and I don't do much winter sports other then occasional skate skiing. Spring-Summer-Fall is my time of year.

And sometimes I have "nothing" to do as I'm waiting on the network for simulation runs etc too complete so I jump back and forth between things. It's kind of a coordinated A-D-D if you will. You'd understand if you knew what I was working on. I have the luxury of working from home about 50% of the time.
lawn psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #118
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Bozeman MO
Posts: 4,814
Thanks: 2,327
Thanked 849 Times in 591 Posts
Default Perhaps Garmin is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
An interesting story on the officer/radar vs. GPS discussion:

http://skattertech.com/2011/02/how-m...traffic-court/
If one have enough evidence that you were within the limits, you can be found not guilty. I will be searching for similar stories. Next time an officer says his radar is clocking me ay an unreasonable speed. I will save my GPS data.

The Android app, by the way, is real. My daughter, who is a marathon runner uses the same app for her training. It tracks her whereabout on line and other runners compare data. Pretty slick!
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 AM   #119
chipj29
Senior Member
 
chipj29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bow
Posts: 1,859
Thanks: 497
Thanked 290 Times in 154 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
You even post to this forum while you are in another country? You are addicted to this forum aren't you?

BTW I never said that you didn't work some place or travel. I'm sure you do, I just can't comprehend why you spend so much of your valuable time sitting at a keyboard and buring your head in a screen. Don't you ever do anything with your family?

Sorry I'm getting so nosey......BUT......BUT.....well you know what I mean.
Rusty, between 2:15 and 6:38PM yesterday, you posted 5 times in response to LP.
Don't YOU ever do anything with your family?
__________________
Getting ready for winter!
chipj29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #120
Rusty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,028
Thanks: 603
Thanked 686 Times in 424 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Rusty, between 2:15 and 6:38PM yesterday, you posted 5 times in response to LP.
Don't YOU ever do anything with your family?
touche!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #121
webmaster
Moderator
 
webmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,172
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 321
Thanked 2,745 Times in 647 Posts
Exclamation

From the Forum Guidelines (in the FAQ):

Quote:
Don't post excessive numbers of messages or comments. Posting more than a few messages or comments in a day is excessive and may get you moderated or restricted.
I will impose a 5 post a day limit if a few of you don't slow down.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Rusty (02-23-2011), Skip (02-23-2011)
Old 02-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #122
Lakegeezer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Moultonboro, NH
Posts: 1,493
Blog Entries: 1
Thanks: 281
Thanked 467 Times in 208 Posts
Default Google "My Tracks" to the rescue

Here's a story of how someone used their GPS to get out of a ticket that apparently was undeserved.

http://skattertech.com/2011/02/how-m...traffic-court/
__________________
-lg
Lakegeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.10857 seconds