Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default Lakeport Landing's tower of power!

Ok .... so yesterday, the Meredith Library was closed due to a broken water pipe or something, so I headed to the Laconia Library, down Union Ave, and saw for my first time, the newly constructed Lakeport Landing building, constructed with the old, fire station garage doors integrated or something, within the design.

Like, what the heck is that huge tower ..... is that a boat storage .... forklift accessed ..... boat tower .... or what?

I don't know ..... seems a wee bit wacky ..... maybe a whole lot of wacky .... that tower of power .... or whatever it is?

Assuming it's a big, tall, very high boat storage rack, accessed by a huge forklift ...... in that location where the former fire station was .... it is extremely visible, dominates the area, is unsightly, is ugly, sticks out like a huge boat storage rack ..... and will be there for many years ..... my, my, my ..... talk about an extremely ugly addition to the Lakeport area in Laconia ..... is not a very nice, new addition to the city!

So, was this design approved by the same zoning board that voted no to the girl's summer camp on Big Island in Paugus Bay? Apparently, Laconia is all about motor boats, and they get the big green light to power up-up-up-upward? ...

History of Laconia in brief:

1966-67-68-69-70; urban re-development done wrong does Laconia downtown very wrong ... never to recover ...

2018; ditto this sentiment for the new Lakeport Landing boat storage rack built above the former fire station .... a major blunder apparently approved by the zoning board.

Great, big, boat storage racks like that are usually located away from the central commercial area, off the beaten track, in a back lot, down a dead end road, where people do not go, too much ..... but nooooo ..... here it is ..... right in the middle of Lakeport ..... very close to where the Lakeport Landing railroad station formerly was located. Such a super-duper location for a very tall, boat storage rack!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 10-27-2018 at 04:30 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
Red apple (10-28-2018)