Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Fryeburg Fair

The Fryeburg Fair is my favorite fair. One can easily spend the entire day enjoying the animals, crafts, and exhibits. The artists have great products to purchase in numerous exhibit halls. The foliage is also always peaking at the fair. I grew up going to the Sandwich Fair, but the Fryeburg Fair is just so much bigger. Going on Woodman's Day is so much fun. The fair starts this Sunday October 4th.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #2
twoplustwo

Default the difference in size...

...is what keeps me away. The traffic getting in is horrendous, and I'm always afraid one of my kids will end up on a milk carton up there.

Different strokes...
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Toyorelle

We always go the last saturday. We get there for 7:30 am, park right up front. Get to walk around and see everything without the crowds, watch the parade, grab some food and leave by 12:30. On the way home we get to watch the traffic waiting to come in. I definitely suggest to get there early on a weekend or go on a weekday if possible.
Toyorelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyorelle View Post
We always go the last saturday. We get there for 7:30 am, park right up front. Get to walk around and see everything without the crowds, watch the parade, grab some food and leave by 12:30. On the way home we get to watch the traffic waiting to come in. I definitely suggest to get there early on a weekend or go on a weekday if possible.
I go in the back way and always avoid the traffic.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Since you're my buddy,2+2 ,I'll give you my secret shortcut to the fair.....but don't tell anyone else
Take rt 16 and go straight through Conway on rt 113 as usual,but turn left on 302 at the light and then right onto East Conway rd......follow it to where it continues on West side Rd and then turn right on Woodlawn ave.
This brings you just above the fairgrounds.Turn right and you're just a few minutes to parking.
Be careful not to turn right on River st 113 (this brings you right back into the traffic jam)
Fast and easy.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #6
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Since you're my buddy,2+2 ,I'll give you my secret shortcut to the fair.....but don't tell anyone else
Take rt 16 and go straight through Conway on rt 113 as usual,but turn left on 302 at the light and then right onto East Conway rd......follow it to where it continues on West side Rd and then turn right on Woodlawn ave.
This brings you just above the fairgrounds.Turn right and you're just a few minutes to parking.
Be careful not to turn right on River st 113 (this brings you right back into the traffic jam)
Fast and easy.

Here is a map to go with the instructions:

Yosemite Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite Sam View Post
Here is a map to go with the instructions:

I take a back road through Cranmore Shores and even avoid any traffic backup in Conway.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #8
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Good job,Yosemite....wish I knew how to do that
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #9
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Fryeburg Fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
Good job,Yosemite....wish I knew how to do that
We went to the Fryeburg Fair today and it was great! I think people were afraid it was going to rain so many stayed away. It turned out to be a beautiful day! There were less people today then there are during the week. I love all the beautiful jewelry and the beautiful crafts created by the Maine artists. The animals, Christmas trees,music, food etc. add to the festive day.

I didn't hit any traffic. I will tell you how I go to the fair. I take Route 16 North and when I am in Albany I take a right on Rt. 113 East. I then take the first left on Cranmore Shores Road. The road is very rough, but it avoids any Conway traffic. Cranmore Shores Road becomes Pequawket Drive as you travel along. When the road ends take a right on Quint Street. At the end of Quint Street take a left on Tasker Hill Road At the end of the road take a left on Rt. 153. You will then reach the lights in Conway ( I actually take a couple of back streets and avoid the lights). Take a right at the lights and follow Rt 113. Take a left on Route 302. Take a right at the police station on East Conway Road. You will follow this road for a while going by beautiful farms, including the Sherman Farm ( with the corn maze). Keep going for many miles. You will eventually see a store on the left. Take a right on West Fryeburg Road. Continue for a while and then take a right on Cornshop Road. At the end of Cornshop Road take a right on Lovell Road. This will bring you into the back side of the fair. I understand that this may be confusing, but it avoids all the traffic. If I happened to get any roads confused please- anyone- let me know! ENJOY THE FAIR!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
Jonas Pilot

Default Fair crowd...

... at the Fair. I shot this about 12:30 yesterday. It was a nice crowd. I love going the first day. Everything is nice and fresh. The fair was as big as ever. All the Exhibition Halls were full and looked great.
Attached Images

Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote