Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Automotive
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Blogs Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2017, 08:14 AM   #1
johnffrias
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Default Ducati Mechanic

Hi Everyone.

I'm in need of a European bike mechanic somewhere near the Lake. The Bride has an '05 Ducati 620 Monster that will not click over when the starter button is pressed. I installed a new starter solenoid and it cranked over. I let go of the starter button then it continued to crank then just stopped. I's also not getting spark at the plugs.

I hit up a bunch of Ducati forums but I haven't had much insight and don't want to go through the process of elimination and just start throwing new parts at it.

I know there's a Duc dealer in Derry but was trying to avoid the big dealership costs.

Thanks.
johnffrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #2
dt5150
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 263
Default

i believe there's a shop on messer st. in laconia. bcm motorsports i think it's called.
dt5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
BroadHopper
Senior Member
 
BroadHopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Laconia NH / Breckenridge CO
Posts: 4,517
Default European Motorsport

across from Hannaford in Gilford. I was told they work on European bikes.
They had a BSA Victor for sale 'The Thumper'.
__________________
Someday may never be an actual day.
BroadHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:29 AM   #4
DPatnaude
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hopkinton, MA / Moultonborough, NH
Posts: 10
Default

I don't know of any independent Ducati mechanics up that way. Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry is the authorized dealer service location and has some of the best Ducati mechanics.

They will pick up and deliver as far away as NY for $50 per trip in a Sprinter van.

http://seacoastsport.com/
DPatnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
GhostofGoody
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1
Default

BCM on Messer St. is no longer around, but you're in luck: there's a great Duc tech near the Moultonborough Airport. He's been working on my Ducs since 2002 when he was at BCM ('02 620 Monster; '03 749s; currently '08 Hypermotard). Eric's number is 393+8945. Can't recommend him highly enough.
GhostofGoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #6
Poor Richard
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: The humbling river
Posts: 30
Default

I wouldn't be afraid to go to Seacoast. No personal experience with them as I gravitated toward Japanese sport tourers however I still view them to be a reasonable shop to work with and, of the customer base I've ridden with, they sound to me like a solid shop.

Have the safety switches been checked to see if any are sticking?
Did you notice if the the plugs were wet when they were pulled?
Battery connections tight, battery good?
Poor Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:50 AM   #7
johnffrias
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I wouldn't be afraid to go to Seacoast. No personal experience with them as I gravitated toward Japanese sport tourers however I still view them to be a reasonable shop to work with and, of the customer base I've ridden with, they sound to me like a solid shop.

Have the safety switches been checked to see if any are sticking?
Did you notice if the the plugs were wet when they were pulled?
Battery connections tight, battery good?
I checked for continuity between the switches.
Plugs were not fouled or flooded.
All battery connections are tight and in good shape with zero corrosion.

I usually work on my vehicles but this has me stumped.
johnffrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:53 AM   #8
johnffrias
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofGoody View Post
BCM on Messer St. is no longer around, but you're in luck: there's a great Duc tech near the Moultonborough Airport. He's been working on my Ducs since 2002 when he was at BCM ('02 620 Monster; '03 749s; currently '08 Hypermotard). Eric's number is 393+8945. Can't recommend him highly enough.
This is exactly the type of tip that I was hoping for!

I'll give him a call today.

Thank you!
johnffrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:40 PM   #9
Downeast
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: lakes region
Posts: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnffrias View Post
Hi Everyone.

I'm in need of a European bike mechanic somewhere near the Lake. The Bride has an '05 Ducati 620 Monster that will not click over when the starter button is pressed. I installed a new starter solenoid and it cranked over. I let go of the starter button then it continued to crank then just stopped. I's also not getting spark at the plugs.

I hit up a bunch of Ducati forums but I haven't had much insight and don't want to go through the process of elimination and just start throwing new parts at it.

I know there's a Duc dealer in Derry but was trying to avoid the big dealership costs.

Thanks.




You are looking for Eric Colbath
Club House Motorsports

hes been my duck dr. for years and is the real deal. Awesome gent.
P/M me if need be.
__________________


NW Marine Industries, LLC
Meredith, NH
www.nwmarineindustries.com
Providing on-site certified, experienced and insured electrical wiring service for boats, equipment and machinery.
Downeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.15138 seconds