Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-23-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
Seaplane Pilot

Thumbs up Steamboat Hot dogs

Yesterday I discovered a new place to get hot dogs on the water. It's on the southwest side of Steamboat Island, almost near the bridge between Steamboat and Birch - they have an "OPEN" flag out at the end of the dock. It's called Steamboat Hot Dogs and is run by a young kid. They have excellent dogs, chips, drinks and candy . Pulled up to the dock and got served right in the boat. Wish I had known about this earlier in the year. Give it a try if you are in the area.

Last edited by Seaplane Pilot; 08-23-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
Rob

I was anchored off Steamboat yesterday afternoon, snorkeling on the Belknap. I saw a sign about the hot dogs, but I did not try them, simply because I already had food.

You said that you got served in the boat, but since you are Seaplane Pilot, I have to ask- About 4:05, a seaplane landed on the southeast side of Steamboat, on an easterly approach(ie, headed to the #45 light.) It motored back towards Steamboat, and took off again about 10 minutes later. That wasn't you getting your hot dogs, was it?

Rob
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Seaplane Pilot

No sir. Yesterday I had the boat, not the seaplane. However, I have flown to Moosehead Lake on occasion to have lunch at a hot dog stand in Greenville.
Seaplane Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote