Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-06-2005, 08:49 AM   #1
DoTheMath

Thumbs down Walters Basin

It had been a couple (few?) years since I had been up there for dinner so we thought we'd give it a try this past weekend - what happened!? Wine list - a joke, (best was a Kendall Jackson - hello!?). Food - looks like the menu went to a "chain restaurant" style, too much on it and the quality was shameful. The cesar salad I got was way over dressed and had more garlic and anchovy paste in it, I tasted it until the next day. I ordered the hailbut for dinner, what I didn't order was the GAINT bone right down the middle of it, and it was about a 5oz piece of fish, (with your finger on the scale), and that was just my dinner. On top of it all, the prices - for what you got - awful. It was about the same $$$ as Canoe in Ctr. Harbor, and Canoe is 100x better!! (with a better wine list ;o). The only caveat to the whole night was the server was nice - otherwise, save your time and money and go elsewhere...
DoTheMath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 04:04 PM   #2
Fishy Cover

Default Walter's Basin

My wife and I had an excellent lunch at Walter's this past Saturday. Great service & ambience first class fish sandwich & burger.
Fishy Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath
The only caveat to the whole night was the server was nice - otherwise, save your time and money and go elsewhere...
Wow. You provide a precautionary warning about the server (caveat). The establishment must certainly be avoided.
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #4
Gatto Nero

My wife and I also had a very nice lunch there a week or two ago. Granted, it was only for lunch so Kendall Jackson just had to suffice , but I had one of the best fish n' chip sandwiches I have ever had. I'd go back in a minute.