Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
PROPELLER

Default New Chef at the Coe House

The menu sounds great, can't wait to try it

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...039/-1/CITIZEN
PROPELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
Old Hubbard Rd

Default Coe House

I was there last Sunday May 22-met the new manager and chef. Food was GREAT. Had the seared tuna. The serving was huge!! Our server at the bar was really nice too!!!
Old Hubbard Rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
Lady Di

Default I hope that Crystal and Phil won't be disappointed......

because they still have their Christmas gift certificate to use.

Is spring there yet? I am sure the lilacs are driving everyone crazy, as they did me, every year on my birthday.

Stay safe.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #4
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,625 Times in 561 Posts

Just to let you know,Lady Di....that there is no exparation on Coe gift certificates......If you've got one from 1999.......please come and use it....we welcome you.Chef Jason is anxious to make you happy.....so tell them to come on in.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM
Just to let you know,Lady Di....that there is no exparation on Coe gift certificates......If you've got one from 1999.......please come and use it....we welcome you.Chef Jason is anxious to make you happy.....so tell them to come on in.
Actually,I think it's a state law that no gift certificate can have a time limit on it.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Mee-n-Mac

Question State Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Actually,I think it's a state law that no gift certificate can have a time limit on it.
Somebody should tell that to Mills Falls people. We bought a GC for some friends of ours to stay in Meredith and when they came up to use it they were informed "it was a good thing" that they didn't wait any longer as it would have expired shortly. Seems to me that if you pay $$ up front there should be no time limit (or a refund should it expire unused). The merchant got the use of your $$ between the time bought and time used so it's a good deal for him/her. At the very least you should be told if there is an expiration date.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
SIKSUKR

I'm not sure where I read that M&M but I'll try to find out and respond back here.Your right about them having your money and the use of it and I beleive that is why there is not supposed to be a time limit. SS
Old 06-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #8
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Gift Certificate RSA

I think this may be the answer to the gift certificate expiration date question.

Here's the RSA:

TITLE XXXI
TRADE AND COMMERCE

CHAPTER 358-A
REGULATION OF BUSINESS PRACTICES FOR CONSUMER PROTECTION

Section 358-A:2

358-A:2 Acts Unlawful. – It shall be unlawful for any person to use any unfair method of competition or any unfair or deceptive act or practice in the conduct of any trade or commerce within this state. Such unfair method of competition or unfair or deceptive act or practice shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
I. Passing off goods or services as those of another;
II. Causing likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to the source, sponsorship, approval, or certification of goods or services;
III. Causing likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding as to affiliation, connection or association with, or certification by, another;
IV. Using deceptive representations or designations of geographic origin in connection with goods or services;
V. Representing that goods or services have sponsorship, approval, characteristics, ingredients, uses, benefits, or quantities that they do not have or that a person has a sponsorship, approval, status, affiliation, or connection that such person does not have;
VI. Representing that goods are original or new if they are deteriorated, altered, reconditioned, reclaimed, used or secondhand;
VII. Representing that goods or services are of a particular standard, quality, or grade, or that goods are of a particular style or model, if they are of another;
VIII. Disparaging the goods, services, or business of another by false or misleading representation of fact;
IX. Advertising goods or services with intent not to sell them as advertised;
X. Advertising goods or services with intent not to supply reasonably expectable public demand, unless the advertisement discloses a limitation of quantity;
X-a. Failing to disclose the legal name, street address, and telephone number of the business under RSA 361-B:2-a;
XI. Making false or misleading statements of fact concerning the reasons for, existence of, or amounts of price reductions; or
XII. Conducting or advertising a going out of business sale:
(a) Which lasts for more than 60 days;
(b) Within 2 years of a going out of business sale conducted by the same person at the same location or at a different location but dealing in similar merchandise;
(c) Which includes any goods, wares, or merchandise purchased or received 90 days prior to commencement of the sale or during the duration of the sale and which are not ordinarily sold in the seller's course of business;
(d) Which includes any goods, wares, or merchandise ordered for the purpose of selling or disposing of them at such sale and which are not ordinarily sold in the seller's course of business;
(e) Which includes any goods, wares, or merchandise consigned for the purpose of selling or disposing of them at such sale;
(f) Without conspicuously stating in any advertisement for any such sale, the date such sale is to commence or was commenced;
(g) Upon the conclusion of which, that business is continued under the same name or under a different name at the same location; or
(h) In a manner other than the name implies.
XIII. Selling gift certificates having a face value of $100 or less to purchasers which contain expiration dates. Gift certificates having a face value in excess of $100 shall expire when escheated to the state as abandoned property pursuant to RSA 471-C. Dormancy fees, latency fees, or any other administrative fees or service charges that have the effect of reducing the total amount for which the holder may redeem a gift certificate are prohibited. This paragraph shall not apply to season passes.
XIV. Pricing of goods or services in a manner that tends to create or maintain a monopoly, or otherwise harm competition.

Source. 1970, 19:1. 1973, 383:2. 1986, 137:1. 1994, 226:2, eff. July 26, 1994. 1996, 165:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1997. 1997, 302:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1998. 1999, 49:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2000. 2002, 276:1, eff. July 17, 2002. 2003, 193:2, eff. Jan. 1, 2004. 2004, 228:1, eff. Aug. 10, 2004

Seems pretty clear cut to me. As an aside, I work for a national retailer and gift certificates/gift cards have no expiration date with us.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #9
SIKSUKR

Great work.Thanks UP,that's exactly what I was refering to. SS
Old 07-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #10
Lady Di

Default Thank you SAMIAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM
I will make sure they do come to see you. Thank you so much for passing that along. Perhaps when family is there to child sit, they will have an evening away.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:56 PM   #11
Newbiesaukee

Default Brief review

We had dinner there last evening. The new menu is interesting and an attempt to fuse some new flavors with old favorites. The salads ( not included with the meal) were excellent with some different accompaniments. Mine included strawberries and Jerusalem artichokes with a good vinegarette. I had a perfectly prepared duck and my wife had salmon with a citrus sauce. Entees are in the $16-23 range with appetizers approx $4-8. Our server, Caitlin, was excellent, even bringing out a sample of the cous-cous to see if my wife would like to choose it ( she did). The hostesses, especially Megan, were friendly and welcoming and Helen, at the bar, was another friendly face. I emphasize the service and welcoming as these contributed to a very pleasant evening. All in all l, the Coe House has always been a lovely setting and the new menu as well as the staff enhance the experience.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #12
JoeP

Default Big changes

We tried the "new" Coe House a few weekends ago and didn't see anyone from the past. New manager, new wait staff, new menu. Probably would have liked it had I never been there under the old regime -- all we did was compare and contrast and it just wasn't the same. The vinyl tablecloths were quite the turn-off! Will probably go back, but certainly won't rush.
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote