Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winni Pets
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts
Default New pet boarding in Center harbor

I hear there is a new pet boarding place in Center harbor. Has anyone heard anything about them I need to board my cats for a week while I am in Utah at Sundance and then again in April when I go to mass General for heart surgery.
need a good place for my little ones.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
donnamatrix

Default animal boarding

Hi
I have just taken our 7 month old Labradoodle to the new Lakes Region Pet Resort on Rt 3 just at the CH/Meredith line (near The Mug). It is really clean, the people are fantastic. My dog is the most shy, timid animal on the earth-we are also working with Jim O'Brien of O'Brien's in Wolfeboro. However, we have had cat forever (haven't had a dog in more than 30 years). For our two Siamese I would never board them. Cats do really well when left in their own environment. We have had a pet sitter for years who takes care of our two cats at home. She comes twice a day, feeds, cleans the litter box, plays with them. I even once called her from Florida asking her to check something in the house - and she went right over. I would truly suggest a pet sitter for cats. They DO NOT like change. You can PM me if you want, or post here.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
winniplayhouse

Our cat spent two weeks at Lakes Region Pet Resort over the holidays and it was great! The manager, Katie, was a vet assistant at Interlakes Animal Hospital (and, full disclosure, a friend of ours) and she is amazing with animals. The whole experience was great. They have some small "cat condos" which we felt were too small for our very active 14+ pounder. They converted some of small dog rooms to cat rooms and this worked perfectly for us. If you have a smaller or less active cat they might do well in the condo. The entire place is spotless and bright. It's a great environment.

We have also had the in-house pet sitter who was wonderful but significantly more expensive. Our guy is on a special diet and needs to be fed twice a day (no free feeding). If I were going away for a long weekend I'd use the in-house pet sitter so as not to remove him from his regular environment as there was a period of adjustment for him. However, for a week or more the resort makes much more financial sense plus I like the idea of 24-hour staffing versus someone coming in twice a day.
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Lakesrider, I agree with Donnamatrix......I would definitely get a pet sitter so the kitties can be in their own home. Not only do you get a sitter but also someone to check on the house each day. A win for you...a win for the kitties
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #5
donnamatrix

Default Petsitter in your house

We also once had a cat with diabetes. Needed to be fed at exact times in AM and PM (no free feeding) ... and then get his shot. It was really helpful to me because I knew Hawkeye was safe and always well cared for.

On the other hand, our experience at LRPet Resort as been terrific. I agree Katie is excellent, and so is Cindi. Our dog is terribly shy/timid and Katie is trying to help Cosmo feel less fearful. But dogs aren't cats, and I know my Siamese would freak if they were boarded, even in the excellent environment at Lakes Region Pet Resort ... just my thoughts.
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
winnipiseogee

LR pet resort is great. Ive got nothing but good things to say about them. Its really all about the specific cat though. We've never had any problems boarding ours. You can always try boarding the cats for a day or two now and see how they react to it. Personally I wouldn't hesitate at all leaving them there for a week. If they are staying with their friend it usually makes boarding a lot less stressful. Good luck with the surgery!
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

We did go and see the place. It is very nice and Katie was most pleasant and accommodating. The Place was extremely clean and new. funny to think it used to be a Hot Rod garage. We did however find someone to cat sit for us. Hopefully. We meet with her today. If it does not work out we will definitely send the cats to the Pet Resort.....
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote