Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
mcdude

Thanked 1,043 Times in 490 Posts
Default The Woodshed - Moultonboro

TV Diner Review. New England Cable News.

click for review

click for webpage and menu
mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 07:10 AM   #2
spnr bug

Default The Woodshed

I have dined at the Woodshed on a number of occasions and have always found it to be excellent. If you read the review, they talked about overcooked filet. I can only say that the Woodshed's filet is one on my favorites and it has always been cooked to perfection. I only come to the lake once a year for a fishing vacation, but I always look forward to at least on meal at what I consider the best restaurant in the lakes region. Now before you start to argue with me, let me say that I'm sure there are others that are excellent, I just haven't yet had the pleasure to dine at them. If you want an excellent meal with great atmosphere and friendly efficient staff, give the Woodshed a try. No I'm not affiliated with them, I just like to eat there.
spnr bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
GrandmaBig6

Default Agree - Somewhat

We've eaten at the Woodshed many times during vacation although not recently. Even though I love the way they present the bread - in the flower pot - and my husband loves the ice cream puff, the last two times we went there we had to send our food (prime rib) back as it was either under cooked or we received the food cool. We'll probably give it another shot next year.
GrandmaBig6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
NonVoting Taxpayer

Default I Also Agree

The Woodshed is not what it use to be. I use to go three or four times a year. A couple of years ago we suspected something had changed as we started having problems with how our food was prepared. It seemed like it was either over or undercooked and the vegetables were usually cold. Don't know if the management changed or the chef, but the quality is not what it use to be. When the food is prepared properly, you can't beat it.
NonVoting Taxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:16 AM   #5
Newbiesaukee

We have eaten at the Wood Shed about 6 times over the past six months. Although the menu is not imaginative ( Lakeside Grill, Canoe, are ) as a total experience it is where we take guests. I usually do not eat the steak, but when I do I eat it, I eat it very rare and it has always been prepared that way. I have never had a bad experience, and all have been enjoyable.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
phoenix

eat at the Woodshed two or three times a year and never had a bad meal . usually have fish . Great atmosphere
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:48 PM   #7
Mr Port Jefferson

Like Grandma we have not eaten at the Woodshed in years, although it used to be a staple in our "Lake" visit. Now I just might try it again next year.
I dunno, it seems that when something (resturant, movie etc.) is reviewed, I disagree with the "OFFICIAL EXPERT" and listen to the person off the street. So far from what I read feelings are mixed but mostly positive - so look out Woodshed I'll be back next year!!!!!
Mr Port Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote