Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2008, 12:29 PM   #101
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
I was just responding to SIKSUKR’s accusation that I’m supposedly “my own worst enemy.”

– which is a direct violation of forum rules – but no one is enforcing those rules. So this is not a debate

And I need to repeat my question, because my last reply on this never made it past the moderator: .
You need to look in the mirror.You constantly complain about members breaking the rules and nothing being done about it.But you just posted that some of your own posts are being moderated so it seems the webmaster is doing his job and finds that YOU are breaking the rules.Do you think it might be you that is out of line?Will we now hear the conspirosy theory?I think my post you refer to stands on its own now.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM   #102
Mashugana

Question More debate about kayaks and speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
No, my worst enemies are people who don't understand what I am posting, because they are in too much of a hurry to find fault with what I post.
What classification do you give to the boaters driving faster than their ability to see? Why are people who don't understand your logic worse than the out of control speed freaks bearing down on you and your little kayak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar
1.) Most members of this forum are not experienced sea kayakers - and getting into a sea kayak without tipping it over takes some skill and practice. Sea kayaks are very narrow boats - it is nothing like sitting in a much wider recreational kayak.

2.) Purchasing a sea kayak is like buying jeans - and I'm a size 8. So I'm guessing that there many members here who could not fit into a pair of my jeans any better than they could fit into my sea kayak.
I'll join with Sea Que and RS about your number 2. I wouldn't get in your jeans or your kayak either. Besides, I would rather spend a leisure afternoon floating around a bay on my inflatable swim mat instead of watching you not get run over by boaters going too fast to see you.

Say, how about a head strap with a strobe light on top for you to wear?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #103
Chris Craft

Not to get the topic back on track or anything but does anyone know if this has passed into law yet? I thought that the Gov. had to move before Tuesday?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #104
Ryan

I know I have accepted the fact that come ice-out 2009, I'm going to have to obey the 45MPH speed limit.

It will be a drastic change from the, er, unlimited speeds, um, of 25-35mph to which I am accustomed to travelling.

This will help me to see smaller vessels to avoid violating their 150' zone and improve my 'ability to see' in general.

Here's looking forward to an unchanged 2009.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #105
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I know I have accepted the fact that come ice-out 2009, [color=teal]I'm going to have to obey the 45MPH speed limit.]/color]

It will be a drastic change from the, er, unlimited speeds, um, of 25-35mph to which I am accustomed to travelling.

This will help me to see smaller vessels to avoid violating their 150' zone and improve my 'ability to see' in general.

Here's looking forward to an unchanged 2009.
Ironically, if most people interpret the Lake speed limit as they do the interstate speed limit, you will have to repower your boat to be able to do a minimum of 45 mph or risk being run over from a faster boat, any one of the 770,000 boats utilizing the Lake.

And the opponents think the speed limit will not improve the economy - engine repowers are mucho $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #106
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Wink 45 mph speed limit

I have to agree with Ryan. I normally plane around 30 mph. I get the best gas mileage. Going the spped limit of 45 will increase my gas mileage. I just can't understand the kayakers who needs a speed limit. Don't they have to go 45 too?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #107
fatlazyless

Not being all that familiar with the New Hampshire legislative process, what's the delay? Both the Senate chamber and the Governor's office are located in the same building, the New Hampshire State House. So, what happened to HB 847? Did it somehow get lost during delivery? Has HB 847 been hijacked while enroute from the Senate to the Governor?

Talk about a delivery on a very slow boat that takes over two weeks to move across the State House. Probably the delivery boat ran out of gas, and then hit a rock.....should have been a kayak delivery....slow & steady wins the race!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #108
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Not being all that familiar with the New Hampshire legislative process, what's the delay? Both the Senate chamber and the Governor's office are located in the same building, the New Hampshire State House. So, what happened to HB 847? Did it somehow get lost during delivery? Has HB 847 been hijacked while enroute from the Senate to the Governor?

Talk about a delivery on a very slow boat that takes over two weeks to move across the State House. Probably the delivery boat ran out of gas, and then hit a rock.....should have been a kayak delivery....slow & steady wins the race!
Great question FLL.where is it?Maybe it was a kayak delivery and got hit by one of those 130 mph wild west GFBL boats we hear about.