Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
mowtorman

Default Weirs channel coexistence

Weirs channel on a Saturday is a bad idea anyways, but....from what I experienced yesterday....right of way is determined by who holds the throttle the longest coming into the channel at the beach and the headway speed law doesn't exist. People either don't know what a wake is or just motor through at a speed just below transition to plane because they are in such a hurry. A wake is such a simple concept either you make one or you don't. Either people don't know or choose to ignore boating laws. There are people swimming at the channel cottages and other beaches very close to the travel lane. I've been passed between the diner and Endicott Rock 3 times this summer. Once by a father and son in a small whaler, once by an Anchor Marine rental that was completely clueless and once by a jetski that made a third lane under the bridge. Me first aggressive driving rules. Can't beat the lake on a hot summer day just wish it didn't feel like the ramp on 93 or 128 on a weekday morning. Avoidance and timing are simple solutions, summer is almost over anyways.