Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
AkwaMarina

Default Charity Volleyball Tournament

"Turn one Pin Red"

We are having a charity Volleyball Tournament at Akwa Marina on June 2nd. The tournament is to benefit a child with autism in need of services. I am reaching out to anyone who might be willing to help a child and have some fun. 100% of the proceeds go directly to a fund for the child to get ABA therapy from Ready Set Connect, part of Crotched Mountain Foundation. This can have a real impact on the child and the family.

At Ready Set Connect office in Concord NH, there is a simple map of New Hampshire. At first you probably won't think much of it. But look closer and you will quickly notice what all the pins mean. Every Pin is a child. Every color has a meaning. The red Pins are the children receiving much needed services. All the rest of the colors are children not getting services they need. Our goal is to turn one pin red.

Information on this event and the charity can be found here http://akwamarina.com/page/volleyball-tournament .

The number of teams is limited so if you are interested please let me know.

The rain date will be June 3rd and if it rains on the 3rd too we will reschedule to a later date. If you can't enter a team but would like to help out in another way please just let me know.

Please feel free to send this to anyone who you think might be interested.

Thanks
Kurt
Attached Images

AkwaMarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Great job for a great cause Kurt. I am not able to be there that weekend but can you send information on advertising available or a way to make a direct contribution to your event.

Thanks,

Joe Greco
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #3
AkwaMarina

Default direct donations

If you cannot participate but would like to be involved, please email me or would like to just donate you can do that here https://crotchedmountain.org/donate/

Be sure select "Other" under "Designation" and write RSC Volleyball so the $ gets to the right fund.

Individual teams will be trying to raise money for their particular team I will be sure to post their link to their unique page here, or you can email me and I will connect you.

Kurt@AkwaMarina.com
Thanks
Kurt
Old 03-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
joey2665

Kurt can I do it today, or do I need to wait?
Old 03-28-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
AkwaMarina

Default No time like the present :)

You can donate directly anytime. Just be sure to select "Other" under "Designation" and write "RSC Volleyball" so the $ gets to the right fund.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkwaMarina View Post
You can donate directly anytime. Just be sure to select "Other" under "Designation" and write "RSC Volleyball" so the $ gets to the right fund.
Thanks Kurt. All Done!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
AkwaMarina

Default Update

Hello Everyone,

Just to update you if you are interested in playing. We are at 16 teams out of 32 available spots. I imagine as we get closer and peoples schedules get clearer we will fill up in a hurry. So if you want to sign up please let me know kurt@akwamarina.com

We also just launched our First Giving pages, so some teams have decided to raise money for their team there. If you wanted to sign up your team there that is another option. https://www.firstgiving.com/event/53811/volleyball

Thanks you
Kurt
603-231-6002
Kurt@AkwaMarina.com
Old 04-17-2018, 08:38 AM   #8
Shreddy

What's the format? 2 v 2?
Old 04-17-2018, 08:59 AM   #9
AkwaMarina

Default Format

4 VS 4, I suggest bring at least one alternate, just encase you have a teamate not be able to make it the day of or you need to take a rest during the game.

The day of tournament schedule will be set once the number of teams is established, likely starting at 9 AM. The intent is to have a double elimination bracket style tournament. The rules will be modified to speed up play. Each round will be first team to 11 points or 30 minutes whatever happens first. The finals will be played to 21 points and on the sand court. Some games will be played on grass on the North and South Lawns.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #10
AkwaMarina

Default Update

We have 20 teams now, and our current leading team is "Set it and Forget it" from Curaytor Boston with over $2000+ raised for their team alone.

If you are more into facebook there is an event page for that too https://www.facebook.com/events/2514953488730548/?ti=as

Also you can come by boat, if the docks are full drop anchor and swim up

More news is developing

Last edited by AkwaMarina; 04-19-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: boat