Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2019, 07:55 PM   #1
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts
Default Camp Restaurant

I don't often see mentions of Camp, but we've been a few times over the years, and it's always a great experience. We had the BBQ flatbread and wings for appetizers, macaroni and cheese and cheeseburger for the kids, and chicken pot pie and pot roast for the parents. Everything was awesome, except the first burger that was a bit too charred--upon mentioning it to the waitress, we had a new one in minutes that was perfect (a bit picky on my son's part). We didn't get it tonight, but the s'mores dessert is ridiculous.

What makes it extra nice is the ability to walk along the lake and sit by the bay afterward.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
SAB1

Ate there a few weeks ago for the first time. So so for me .
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,508 Times in 982 Posts
Default Camp

We enjoy it at least once a year. It was a favorite for my daughter and niece whern tehy had the camp t themselves for a couple of summers. Love the"CAMP" diner coffee mugs which we bought for our camp.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:44 PM   #4
Woody38

Went to Camp last year since someone was visiting and staying in Meredith. Their decision. The experience was horrible. Everyone ordered wine and it came about 20 minutes later. Nothing that was ordered was delivered.
Appetizers finally came and we waited for the dinners. One member said her meal tasted terrible. I gave her most of mine as my appetite is not great.
We have not been back since and probably will not make the trip.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:41 AM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
I don't often see mentions of Camp, but we've been a few times over the years, and it's always a great experience. We had the BBQ flatbread and wings for appetizers, macaroni and cheese and cheeseburger for the kids, and chicken pot pie and pot roast for the parents. Everything was awesome, except the first burger that was a bit too charred--upon mentioning it to the waitress, we had a new one in minutes that was perfect (a bit picky on my son's part). We didn't get it tonight, but the s'mores dessert is ridiculous.

What makes it extra nice is the ability to walk along the lake and sit by the bay afterward.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
We are huge fans of Camp. Probably my favorite Common Man. It never disappoints I love the Camp Crackers and like you said the desserts are awesome especially the S’mores.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (08-24-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 06:45 AM   #6
JADAQ

Wife and I went last year for the first time, we are full time residents and live 5 minutes away..don’t t know why we never tried it before but anyway..

We both had ordered steak tips cooked exactly the same, plates came out and without hesitation we looked at each other and said “ are you serious “! Both plates combined was less food than one meal at other comparable restaurants.

I usually don’t speak up but did this time, the manager couldn’t give a reason for such a small portion but did promptly apologize and comped the meals and also gave us a gift card to come back. The meals were around $21/22 a piece by the way, maybe $3.00 worth of meat on each plate.

We have never been back there but used the gift card at another Cman restaurant.
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:30 AM   #7
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

The few times I've been there has been with my grand kids. It seems to be a kid friendly place and it's been fine but it's not at the top of my list to go with just my wife and I.
I can't say anything bad about it but It's not one of our favorites and we only live about a mile away.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
Winni P

We have really enjoyed Camp the few times we have been. I wish they would serve breakfast. Growing up, we used to go to the Chase House for breakfast by boat. I miss having a breakfast option in Meredith that is close to the town docks.
Winni P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:15 AM   #9
hilltopper

Default Huh?

No love for George's Diner or Sunshine & Pa's?
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hilltopper For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (08-24-2019)
Old 08-23-2019, 11:08 AM   #10
Winni P

We love both George's and Sunshine & Pa's but we like to go by boat and not everyone in our group can walk that far.
Winni P is offline   Reply With Quote