Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #101
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-r breeze View Post
Just an observation ..... This place was packed on Saturday night! So much so that we passed on dinner there until maybe another "not so busy" night to try them out. They must be doing something right to be THAT busy on a late March night. Good news for the Weirs Beach neighborhood BIGTIME!! Can't wait to finally try them.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
They have a help wanted ad in at least the Laconia Daily Sun for cooks, waitstaff, etc. Must be getting ready to gear up for summer,

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2015, 06:37 AM   #102
Phantom

In discussing with the staff on our last visit (and it is kind of obvious) ... when the warmer weather arrives they plan on having outdoor seating. this will increase seating capacity by ??? (15-20%?)

This is good & bad news in my opinion .... personally, I love outdoor seating in the summer months but the kitchen is of finite size and no matter how many cooks you put in, the kitchen can only realistically produce properly prepared food to the current quality and standards at a finite rate.

I surely hope that they do not over extend themselves. It seems to be working GREAT to this point. The kitchen's capabilities in the summer will be the key ! Otherwise, in the Fall, we will be reading all the "bashes" about how bad the service was, it took forever to get our meal, our meal was cold when served ... and so on.

I wish them the best of luck & hope they succeed ... it is truly a great addition to the area.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #103
Den65

Thumbs up Faro Reservation

Quote:
Just an observation ..... This place was packed on Saturday night! So much so that we passed on dinner there until maybe another "not so busy" night to try them out. They must be doing something right to be THAT busy on a late March night. Good news for the Weirs Beach neighborhood BIGTIME!! Can't wait to finally try them.

The Breeze
Make a reservation you won't be disapointed, I Have been there about 10 times since they have openned. Would have been there more but the pants started not fitting..................
Den65 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den65 For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (04-02-2015), sum-r breeze (04-02-2015)
Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #104
belly_button_biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den65 View Post
Make a reservation you won't be disapointed, I Have been there about 10 times since they have openned. Would have been there more but the pants started not fitting..................
I wish I could say the same. We've tried to go 10 to 15 times. Unfortunately more often than not we've found that they close early and are maintaining very inconsistent hours. I'm very disappointed with this restaurant and have decided it's worth the extra distance to go back to Rossi's.
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 02:59 PM   #105
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by belly_button_biter View Post
I wish I could say the same. We've tried to go 10 to 15 times. Unfortunately more often than not we've found that they close early and are maintaining very inconsistent hours. I'm very disappointed with this restaurant and have decided it's worth the extra distance to go back to Rossi's.
HUGE ERROR !!

make a reservation & you won't be disappointed.

Bumble2249 (04-03-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #106
PaugusBayFireFighter

We made reservations for tonight. Looking forward to trying Faro.
PaugusBayFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #107
ishoot308

Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,913 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter View Post
We made reservations for tonight. Looking forward to trying Faro.
PBFF,

Just an fyi... Food pics always help the review!

Let us know!

Dan
Old 04-03-2015, 06:02 PM   #108
Mr. V

Quote:
So you did get to eat on SOME of your visits: how was the food?
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:59 PM   #109
belly_button_biter

we have tried
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
HUGE ERROR !!

make a reservation & you won't be disappointed.

the first few times were just heading over on a whim. Their sign does say open till 10 p.m. But we found them closed.
We've called around 8 p.m. got the answering machine which said they were open till 10 p.m. Drove over there and found them to be closed. Made it difficult to catch somewhere else to eat elsewhere.

I opened this thread and I was thier loyal customer to lose.
belly_button_biter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #110
Bumble2249

Quote:
we have tried

the first few times were just heading over on a whim. Their sign does say open till 10 p.m. But we found them closed.

We've called around 8 p.m. got the answering machine which said they were open till 10 p.m. Drove over there and found them to be closed. Made it difficult to catch somewhere else to eat elsewhere.

I opened this thread and I was thier loyal customer to lose.

Can somebody that's understands Swahili please decipher this for me??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2015, 07:45 AM   #111
PaugusBayFireFighter

Unhappy

Went to Faro last night. The new decor is nice. The food presentation was excellent. Service was good with waitstaff that know their menu.
We were brought a couple complimentary appetizers to try. I didn't try them but the table was very happy with them. We also ordered the antipasto which was good.
I had the 16oz strip steak with rosemary and garlic with a side of angel hair pasta and red sauce. The steak was cooked medium but I ordered medium rare. Not a huge deal, I wouldn't send it back as I'm not really picky. The steak was, steak. Not bad, but no flavor. I've had steak lots of places, this dish looked great but disappointed me. The pasta may be home made and fresh but the red sauce was tasteless. For a minute I thought maybe it was me but the table agreed that their red sauce was also bland.

One friend ordered desert which he says was good. Cannoli from Modern Pastry.

I'm not a food critic and never complain. You wanted a review, you got it.

I will tell you we are a large crowd that eats dinner most every weekend in the North End. In fact, we were texting the rest of the family while they dined at Pagliuca's in the NE last night. We will try Faro again with the full crowd. We are looking for a Friday night regular place and Faro is very close to us. Hopefully it was just a bad night with the sauce.

Dan...I, we, all took pictures of the plates. I anticipated posting the pictures with a good review. Like I said, presentation was excellent. In this case, pictures are not worth a thousand words.

Last edited by PaugusBayFireFighter; 04-04-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #112
Sal

Default bland sauce

Try a little salt on the sauce. They're probably cooking it with little or no salt
knowing it can be added by the diners, to accommodate those who eschew salt.
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #113
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Try a little salt on the sauce. They're probably cooking it with little or no salt
knowing it can be added by the diners, to accommodate those who eschew salt.
If their intention is to make bland sauce, in order to accommodate people who abstain from salt, doesn't it make sense that every plate on the menu would be cooked without salt? I guess I could see them making a pot of sauce with low salt and offering a low sodium alternative then throwing it out every night.
There's more seasoning to sauce than just tomatoes and salt. It wasn't a tasty sauce that needed salt, it was a sauce void of flavor other than the tomato.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #114
thegreyghost

Default Red sauce

I have become a regular and I love this new addition to the area. I always get a side of fresh pasta with red sauce (love the lamb shank entree), and I think the sauce is great. You can tell its home made, not to sweet and not that strong tomato taste. Maybe you are just used to Rago out of a jar?? Faro is the real deal.
-GG
thegreyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thegreyghost For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (04-04-2015)
Old 04-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #115
Bumble2249

Thanks for the laugh thegreyghost!! Read my mind!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:58 PM   #116
PaugusBayFireFighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyghost View Post
I have become a regular and I love this new addition to the area. I always get a side of fresh pasta with red sauce (love the lamb shank entree), and I think the sauce is great. You can tell its home made, not to sweet and not that strong tomato taste. Maybe you are just used to Rago out of a jar?? Faro is the real deal.
-GG
If it makes any difference, I'm Sicilian. My mother still makes a sauce every Sunday (a few on this forum would attest to that). My grandmother and aunts did the same. I make a sauce occasionally. I've eaten in plenty of restaurants (most in the North End) and plenty of Italian homes. I know the difference between jar sauce and homemade.

The sauce tasted fresh and homemade but lacked flavor.

The fact that you think Papa Gino's is the best pizza in the lakes region tells me you've had your share of ketchup and elbows.

I was expecting Bumbles reply to my review last night, what took you?

This is why others don't post reviews. It will certainly be my last.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaugusBayFireFighter For This Useful Post:
Billy Bob (04-22-2015), Bumble2249 (04-04-2015), dpg (04-15-2015), Reilly (04-06-2015), Resident 2B (04-04-2015), ronc4424 (01-12-2016)
Old 04-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #117
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

PBFF, thanks for the review, even if your honesty brought about snarky comments. I had to look up your reference because I thought it was too ironic to be true.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:22 PM   #118
Resident 2B

Thanks for the honest review PBFF! It is appreciated.

I suspect some of the recent posters might have some sort of a vested interest in the place. I have not been to Faro yet, so my mind is completely open.

I will post a honest review after my second or third visit this summer.

R2B
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resident 2B For This Useful Post:
Misha888 (05-12-2015)
Old 04-04-2015, 08:58 PM   #119
Bumble2249

Quote:
If it makes any difference, I'm Sicilian. My mother still makes a sauce every Sunday (a few on this forum would attest to that). My grandmother and aunts did the same. I make a sauce occasionally. I've eaten in plenty of restaurants (most in the North End) and plenty of Italian homes. I know the difference between jar sauce and homemade.

The fact that you think Papa Gino's is the best pizza in the lakes region tells me you've had your share of ketchup and elbows.

.What? I can't laugh at someone's post? Come on.... You expected me to comment on your post, but I didn't did I?

Old 04-05-2015, 06:12 AM   #120
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreyghost View Post
It always goes back to, they have an interest in the place. That couldn't be further than the truth. I have been eating in the lakes region since Gretchens was here and Nadias. I feel Faro is on a whole different level. They have raised the bar when it comes to Italian food and service. I'm a regular, and I can't get a seat unless I tell them I'm coming in, they must be doing something right. I still get the papa Gino's delivered once in awhile, but that's on Monday when Faro is closed. I might be Scottish but I know what tastes good.

GG

My thoughts exactly. I have favorite restaurants from the lakes region to North Conway. Having some kind of vested interest or whatever could not be further from reality. I just like the place. I also like the Lyons Den, Lavinias and Elyacoya and I'd speak my mind in their defense if someone started a ridiculous and unwarranted thread on this forum about them as well. Or maybe I wouldn't... Because there's no way that I could have an "interest" in FOUR restaurants!

Old 04-05-2015, 08:30 AM   #121
chipj29

Quote:
I have said this before on this forum, but this is the worst thing a restaurant (or any new business) can do. Even if it costs you a few $$ to stay open until your posted closing hour, you have to do it. If you want to close earlier, update your posted hours and close early. But not before.

Saving a few $$ in the short term will end up costing more $$ in the long run. I have seen and experienced it first hand.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #122
thegreyghost

Default Call ahead

Why wouldn't you just call ahead and make a reservation? Restaurants won't close if they know they have people coming in. Seems like a pretty simple solution.
thegreyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #123
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

I never use reservations because 1. Dining out is always better when spontaneous. 2. I don't like to be tied to a specific time, C. We always seem to wait anyway, 4. We're simply not that timely. And anyway, I agree with above about wondering why a reservation should be made if a restaurant has posted hours.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 04:22 AM   #124
Reilly

Default Never Again

went last Sat Nite 4 of us sat in lounge area at high top for 4 Hostess had said to sit anywhere, after ordering drinks Hostess came in &said table was reserved ???? moved us into corner, food was ok sevice was terrible & when we left 2hrs later our original table was still empty, We will never go back
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:22 AM   #125
secondcurve

Quote:

Don't stop posting reviews.......yours was a good one but as always not all will agree with your assessment. Keep them coming!!
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #126
sum-r breeze

Default I've had her sauce!

Quote:

PBFF's mother makes awesome sauce......I've had it .... a lot....just sayin....If you want proof just watch that "Summer Breeze" video he posted and you can see the chunk of beef cooking in it. OMG I'm getting hungry just thinking of it!!

Back on topic I have found that Italian sauce is a subjective thing. One person's taste expectation is not the same as someone else's. I have a business down here in Mass and have learned that you can't please all of the people all of the time. We will check out Faro soon and maybe again with the PBFF clan too if they go.

The Breeze
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sum-r breeze For This Useful Post:
PaugusBayFireFighter (04-07-2015), VitaBene (04-07-2015)
Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 PM   #127
Bumble2249

Brought my parents to Faro tonight for dinner. All I can say is wow! All of our meals were great! Dessert may have been the highlight though! Only due to the fact that we had lemon sorbet which was served in an actual hollowed out frozen lemon and a coconut sorbet which was served inside a hollowed out half of coconut! Never have I had sorbet like this! And according to our server, it comes straight from Italy!

Unbelievable! Thanks for making my parents 45th anniversary a great one.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:05 PM   #128
Den65

Default Faro friday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble2249 View Post
Brought my parents to Faro tonight for dinner. All I can say is wow! All of our meals were great! Dessert may have been the highlight though! Only due to the fact that we had lemon sorbet which was served in an actual hollowed out frozen lemon and a coconut sorbet which was served inside a hollowed out half of coconut! Never have I had sorbet like this! And according to our server, it comes straight from Italy!

Tried the Lemon sorbet a picture is worth a thousand words, great way to end a great meal
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Den65 For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (04-24-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #129
Diver Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble2249 View Post

Hmmm.. Our server last evening also said the fresh pasta came directly from Italy. Personally never heard of fresh pasta being shipped from Italy.
Diver Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:17 PM   #130
Bumble2249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Vince View Post
Hmmm.. Our server last evening also said the fresh pasta came directly from Italy. Personally never heard of fresh pasta being shipped from Italy.

All I know is they serve fresh pasta. Not sure if it's from Italy or not. I do know that I love it though!

Old 04-25-2015, 07:36 PM   #131
Den65

Quote:
I think he is talking about the Sorbet coming from Italy the pasta is made on site.
The Following User Says Thank You to Den65 For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015, 09:42 PM   #132
Resident 2B

Quote:
No way freah pasta can come from Italy. It would not be fresh when it gets to Laconia. In addition, the great lemon sorbet in a real lemon cups is served all over the North End of Boston. They are readily available on-line as well. I doubt they come from Italy. What is available locally is great!

That said, fresh pasta is the way to go. The fresher the better, so saying it comes from Italy is a negative in my opinion.
The deserts served in real fruit casings are also wonderful, even though they are available locally.

No idea where the wait staff gets their info, but home made pasta and these filled frozen deserts are well worth going to Favo.

Sounds like a staff training opportunity to me.

R2B

Last edited by Resident 2B; 04-26-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Resident 2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:38 AM   #133
vmlite84

Default Veal

I didn't see Veal on the online menu, so it's just chicken?
vmlite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #134
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Straight from Italy

The MS and I visit Faro over the weekend. Food is above par but not as good as if you visit Italy. The Picolo Italia in Manchester is second to none!

As mentioned above the wait staff told us that everything is from Italy! Not sure if they mean the recipes from Italy or the food is from Italy or both. Any how it's a definite turn off!

Has anyone tried Angelina's in Concord? I was told it is the benchmark for NH.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #135
wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
... Has anyone tried Angelina's in Concord? I was told it is the benchmark for NH.
It is, it is.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 PM   #136
KarenM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
The MS and I visit Faro over the weekend. Food is above par but not as good as if you visit Italy. The Picolo Italia in Manchester is second to none!

As mentioned above the wait staff told us that everything is from Italy! Not sure if they mean the recipes from Italy or the food is from Italy or both. Any how it's a definite turn off!

Has anyone tried Angelina's in Concord? I was told it is the benchmark for NH.
Hi Forum Friends! I thought I would chime in, hoping to answer a few questions for everyone.

First, I'm sorry if guests have the wrong impression regarding the source of our ingredients. Although the pasta for all of our menu items is fresh and locally sourced, we have offered specials made with unique dry pasta imported from Italy. Most of our desserts do come from Modern Pastry in Boston's North End, but we also make some in house and have begun importing a few unique desserts from Italy.

The owners of Faro Italian Grille, along with our great culinary team, are constantly looking at ways to provide the most authentic Italian dining experience, with the best ingredients available, to our guests. As Rich says during every team meeting - we can always do better!

I sincerely hope this doesn't sound like an advertisement - I only want to correct a few misconceptions because Faro Italian Grille has a very hardworking and committed ownership and staff who wish only to earn a return visit from our guests.
KarenM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KarenM For This Useful Post:
Crusty (04-27-2015), LongShort (04-28-2015), Misha888 (05-12-2015), Phantom (04-28-2015), trfour (04-28-2015), VitaBene (04-28-2015), Woodsy (05-11-2015)
Old 05-11-2015, 09:34 AM   #137
Phantom

Every Company faces a periodic product quality problem
Every restaurant is bound to mess up a service eventually

It's not that you have a problem, it's in the way you handle it

After more visits than I care to admit, we were at Faro's Saturday evening and was enjoying the impeccable service we've come to expect. With cocktails and the delicious breads finished, our meal arrives. Except my wife had ordered her dish sans capers ..... apologies made, the server (not our waitress) quickly retreats to the kitchen. Expecting the obvious, where the kitchen simply deletes the capers from the existing plated food we look up to find the Manager (I wish I got his name) standing at our table personally apologizing for the miscue which, as he explains was on the kitchen, as the waitress had indeed ordered properly. He goes on to let us know that the meal will be completely redone and please bear with them as this will unfortunately take 8 minutes to prepare. Interestingly not a cliché of "another few minutes" --- 8 minutes later, my wife's dish appears ...... along with the Manager who politely and discreetly slips me a "Gift Card" and renewed apologies.

To me -- You can't beat that kind of treatment and considerate staff !!

EXTREME high praise to the Manager whom I neglected to get the name

AC2717 (05-11-2015), gillygirl (05-11-2015), KarenM (05-11-2015)
Old 05-11-2015, 09:51 AM   #138
AC2717

Where is this exactly, I can only think of the Lobster pound at that location. what am I missing?
Old 05-11-2015, 10:12 AM   #139
Phantom

The Lobster Pound "Re-Birthed" itself during the winter as Faro's after extensive interior remodeling.

http://www.faroitaliangrille.com/

Old 05-11-2015, 10:13 AM   #140
AC2717

I gotcha thank you
had a brain fart this Monday morning after all the sun this weekend
Old 05-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #141
KarenM

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Every Company faces a periodic product quality problem
Every restaurant is bound to mess up a service eventually

It's not that you have a problem, it's in the way you handle it

After more visits than I care to admit, we were at Faro's Saturday evening and was enjoying the impeccable service we've come to expect. With cocktails and the delicious breads finished, our meal arrives. Except my wife had ordered her dish sans capers ..... apologies made, the server (not our waitress) quickly retreats to the kitchen. Expecting the obvious, where the kitchen simply deletes the capers from the existing plated food we look up to find the Manager (I wish I got his name) standing at our table personally apologizing for the miscue which, as he explains was on the kitchen, as the waitress had indeed ordered properly. He goes on to let us know that the meal will be completely redone and please bear with them as this will unfortunately take 8 minutes to prepare. Interestingly not a cliché of "another few minutes" --- 8 minutes later, my wife's dish appears ...... along with the Manager who politely and discreetly slips me a "Gift Card" and renewed apologies.

To me -- You can't beat that kind of treatment and considerate staff !!

EXTREME high praise to the Manager whom I neglected to get the name

Phantom, your kind reviews and return visits are very much appreciated by the owners and staff at Faro Italian Grille! For your information, the manager you spoke with was most likely Pat. I will make sure he sees your post, as I know it will make his day! Than you again for your support.
KarenM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenM For This Useful Post:
Phantom (05-11-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 01:12 PM   #142
Happy Gourmand

Default Faro's Saturday night

Reservations for 7PM, we didn't know that there would be an outdoor concert there that night until we arrived. We should have turned around at that point.
The noise level in the dining room is just about unbearable. We went with another couple. There was no way to carry on a conversation. The salads were good. The 2 ladies ordered chicken parm. After a while, a "manager" came out to inform us that they were out of chicken parm...we had 7PM reservations. No chicken parm but they recommended another chicken dish....WHAT?
My friend and I both ordered the Veal Scallopini, the special of the night. He ordered his with linguini, I opted for the ziti. Mine was brought to the table with wide noodles, not ziti, I mentioned it to the server but opted to just accept is as I didn't want to have the others wait while my dish was refired. My portion was at least twice as much as my friend's, I thought that to be very strange. The sauce was as bland as I ever had, there was plenty of veal but some was very overdone and some was barely cooked, curious as to how that all happened.
I do not plan to return anytime soon
Happy Gourmand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #143
AKADQ

Default Great meal, great company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Gourmand View Post
Reservations for 7PM, we didn't know that there would be an outdoor concert there that night until we arrived. We should have turned around at that point.
The noise level in the dining room is just about unbearable. We went with another couple. There was no way to carry on a conversation. The salads were good. The 2 ladies ordered chicken parm. After a while, a "manager" came out to inform us that they were out of chicken parm...we had 7PM reservations. No chicken parm but they recommended another chicken dish....WHAT?
My friend and I both ordered the Veal Scallopini, the special of the night. He ordered his with linguini, I opted for the ziti. Mine was brought to the table with wide noodles, not ziti, I mentioned it to the server but opted to just accept is as I didn't want to have the others wait while my dish was refired. My portion was at least twice as much as my friend's, I thought that to be very strange. The sauce was as bland as I ever had, there was plenty of veal but some was very overdone and some was barely cooked, curious as to how that all happened.
I do not plan to return anytime soon
We drove by Faro's on our way home from work on Saturday afternoon and we saw a band playing outside. We had reservation at 7pm as well and had second thoughts about going to Faro's. We ended up going because we hadn't been to Faro's and had plans to dine with friends.
The hostess placed us in the dining room as well with the band playing just outside the front patio. I wasn't sure if it would work out but after ordering drinks and having conversation with our other couple, we forgot about the band and enjoyed our company.
I had the steak tips medium rare with salad, cooked to perfection. My wife had shrimp scampi as she was happy with her meal as well. Our dinner couple had shrimp scampi and chicken Alfredo, both happy with there meals.
Everyone loved the hot bread before our meal and my wife recommends the house specialty drink, strawberry/basil martini. I got a Long Island ice tea, it was to strong for me but I'm not complaining because I got the same drink at another popular lakes region restaurant and paid $10 for a watered down drink. It was our first visit and will go back but probably not til after bike week...
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:36 PM   #144
Woodsy

Last Saturday, 5/30, there was a memorial motorcycle ride for Tommy "Tommy Mack" McCormack... He was a well known character here in the Weirs... He used to own "Weirs the Beef".

The folks over at Faro graciously hosted the event. There was a HUGE turnout of people... 175+ motorcycles and a lot of people who weren't in the ride. Pretty much all of the local Weirs denizens were there. Hypercane & Jodie Cunningham rocked out a great afternoon. It was a great time and an awesome celebration of Tommy Mack!

Needless to say, I am not surprised they ran out of things. Sorry it became an inconvenience for some folks.

Woodsy
Bumble2249 (06-03-2015), garysanfran (08-18-2015), idoso (06-03-2015), rander7823 (06-04-2015)
Old 08-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #145
fodalo

Cool Great meal

There the weekend of 8/8 great meal great night on the top deck with great entertainment.
Friends had lamb shanks the ladies had salads with salmon awesome apps mussels and fried calamari. They did a good job service wise looking forward one more
fodalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #146
meredith weekender

So we finally decided to try the Faro Grille tonight. Must admit that we were very hesitant due to previous experiences with the Lobster Pound. We had a vey short wait and were seated at a very roomy table that was set for the 4 of us. Our server (mickey) was great. The food came out quickly and was excellent. The front end manager (pat) came by and was very interested in how our experience was. Faro did very well tonight and we will definitely be back.
meredith weekender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #147
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paugusbayfirefighter View Post

this is why others don't post reviews. It will certainly be my last.
. ?
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #148
Great Northern Cleaning

Default Our Christmas Party....

We had our annual employee Christmas Party at Faro Italian Grille last night. The staff at Faros did an outstanding job. The food, atmosphere and attentive wait staff made for a very enjoyable evening. The whole crew of Great Northern Cleaning sends a big thank you!!
Attached Images

Great Northern Cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:50 AM   #149
sum-r breeze

Default Finally Finally got to visit Faro

We were in the mood for some Italian food so we finally got to try Faro. The only word Mrs. Breeze could use for our dining experience was "magical." Our waitress (Allie) was fantastic. We were seated right away near the window for the winter view of the lake and Weirs. We are both Shrimp fanatics so we ordered their shrimp cocktail. There were only two of them in each appetizer order...THEY WERE THE SIZE OF LOBSTER TAILS!! The biggest shrimp I have ever seen and I've had shrimp all over. Wow! We both had chicken dishes, I had the marsala and Mrs. Breeze had the picata. The food quality was amazing. Allie added to our dining pleasure by giving us 2 complimentary glasses of preseco and after desert 2 complimentary glasses of lemonciello. Very nice touch! What an awesome dinner we had. It was early on Saturday night and off season so the noise level dining room was very low. We thoroughly enjoyed or visit and will definitely be going back. The Weirs got a gift when the new owners opened up Faro, the place is fantastic.

The Breeze

Last edited by sum-r breeze; 01-09-2016 at 12:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sum-r breeze For This Useful Post:
Bumble2249 (01-10-2016), Greene's Basin Girl (01-09-2016), KarenM (01-11-2016), Resident 2B (01-09-2016)
Old 01-09-2016, 07:34 PM   #150
radioman

Default Faro

Faro is wonderful for quality, presentation, diversity, and service!!
Alli is a person that I have known for several years in her former job and a person who is missed by so many. Am so glad to hear that Alli is still at Faro will most certainly return to Faro just to see her again.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:22 AM   #151
Phantom

Quote:
The Weirs got a gift when the new owners opened up Faro, the place is fantastic.
Was I misinformed ?

I thought Faro is owned by the same individual as the former Lobster Pound .... and it was simply a "re-birthing" to Italian cuisine.

Resident 2B (01-11-2016), upthesaukee (01-11-2016)
Old 01-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #152
sum-r breeze

Default If we are splitting hairs here....

Quote:
Was I misinformed ?

I thought Faro is owned by the same individual as the former Lobster Pound .... and it was simply a "re-birthing" to Italian cuisine.

Maybe it was a "rebirth" but very well done.

The Breeze