Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
eillac@dow

Default My donation does not get accepted?

Don,

On Tuesday of this week, I made a donation to the forum. I received an email, thanking me, telling me that is was being processed and I would receive another email when it was complete. I have not received the confirming email nor has it appeared on my checking account statement. I know I only did this on Tuesday and today is only Saturday, but this happened to me back in August. I made a donation, but it was never processed.

Any thoughts on what's up?

I enjoy the forum and would like to contribute to it, but cannot seem to be able to.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Eillac@Dow
eillac@dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Sorry for the delayed reply, I just found some time today to take a look at it.

I can see that you have made 4 attempts to make a donation since last September. In each case my log shows that you were sent to the PayPal page. However, I see no completed transactions on PayPal. When you select an amount and click "Submit" on the Donate page you should be taken directly to a PayPal payment page. From then on the entire transaction is handled by PayPal.

I just did a test donation and it worked fine. Also, many people before and after your attempts were also successful. There were also a few other donations that were not successfully completed, although it's hard to know why. Some people click through but don't want to use PayPal or change their minds.

All I can suggest is to carefully try again. Keep in mind that you don't need a PayPal account. You can just click "Continue" where it says "Don't have a PayPal account?"

When you complete the donation you should get a confirmation from PayPal. I also get a notification and should be confirming the donation when I receive it.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for being so persistant!

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
webmaster

While I was working on this I noticed that a few donations were not confirmed in my log. All confirming does is send you an email and flag the transaction as completed.

I confirmed those donations and some of you received a confirmation email which appears to be months late. Sorry about that.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Pineedles

Default Your donation is accepted.

Thanks Don. I along with another member were concerned that there was a scam going on, as our donations were last year and we received a personal note from YOU, thanking us for the donation. It was a little scary receiving a message today, from ???? that our donation was accepted. At least I assume this is what you are talking about?
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
eillac@dow

Not looking to be a pain in the A, but i still have not got an email nor has my account been charged....just looked at it. I will give it another couple of days or so and let you know. Also, I did not use Paypal.

But for now, my fine 4 legged friend just came looking for me...so gotta GO!

Will check back later. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillac@dow View Post
Not looking to be a pain in the A, but i still have not got an email nor has my account been charged....just looked at it. I will give it another couple of days or so and let you know. Also, I did not use Paypal.
Now I'm confused. How did you make a donation without using PayPal? PayPal processes all the donations for this site.

My Donate button log shows that you were sent to the PayPal donation page 4 different times. However, the PayPal log does not show any completed transactions for you.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Pineedles

I think there may be some confusion as far as PAyPal is concerned. Don, you told me I don't have to have a PayPal account to donate which is correct. I was allowed to use a credit card through PayPal and it worked fine like you said it would.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
webmaster

Sorry I misunderstood. If you successfully completed the transaction on Paypal your credit card would have been charged and you would have received an email receipt from Paypal. If neither of those things happened then the transaction was not fully completed. Paypal confirms the transaction a few times during the process. Maybe you didn't go all the way to the final "Submit".

As I mentioned earlier, many people have successfully made donations before and after your attempts and I receive Paypal payments almost every day for lake charts, donations and other things. I made a test donation yesterday and it also worked fine. All indications are that Paypal is working as it should.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
eillac@dow

Default Thank you.

I will try it again and will be Very Very Careful. I am not sure what I could have done wrong....when I attempted to donate on multiple occasions.

In any event. I will give it another shot. If it does not work, I just may be contacting you for the address, so I can just send a check!

Anyway, I appreciate the help from you both.... Don & Pineneedles.

More to come!