Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
CrownRay

Default How much snow in Multonboro now?

Hi,
I was just wondering, what's the snow-pack in Moultonboro (Black Cat) right now? I was contemplating comming up for Pond Hockey, but I was hoping I would not have to get the driveway plowed. Could I get down it in my car?

We normally don't go up there in the winter, but this is a special occasion...

thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
winnipiseogee

Snow? What snow? Its was 61* and raining in meredith this morning.

I'm sure you will be fine with your driveway!

Enjoy Pond Hockey
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
CrownRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipiseogee View Post
Snow? What snow? Its was 61* and raining in meredith this morning.

I'm sure you will be fine with your driveway!

Enjoy Pond Hockey
HA! Well, I figured that, just want to make sure. Thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Lakegeezer

Default Winter 2.0 - where are you?

The lake snow is gone - just puddles and deep enough in some places to show whitecaps - even though there is 8-10" of ice under them. The yard is mostly bare, except where it was packed down. The walkway and driveway still has lots of icy spots, which will freeze up tonight and probably require sanding tomorrow. The ground unfroze a bit - and is a bit muddy in spots - but only the top 1/4" unfroze here and there, and that will freeze back up quickly. By the the weekend, we should be the frozen north again, but in sore need of new snow.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
GTO

Default hope it gets cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegeezer View Post
The lake snow is gone - just puddles and deep enough in some places to show whitecaps - even though there is 8-10" of ice under them. The yard is mostly bare, except where it was packed down. The walkway and driveway still has lots of icy spots, which will freeze up tonight and probably require sanding tomorrow. The ground unfroze a bit - and is a bit muddy in spots - but only the top 1/4" unfroze here and there, and that will freeze back up quickly. By the the weekend, we should be the frozen north again, but in sore need of new snow.
Sounds like great ice conditions for the pond hockey if it gets cold enough and freezes over. Of course, they usually use snow for the "boards", not sure how thats going to work out
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
fatlazyless

Do not know about Moultonborough, but at my little slice-o-heaven way down the end of Meredith Neck, across from flasher buoy #3, it is accurate to say that the grass and driveway are about 95% no snow. What snow that was there on Wednesday was melted by the rain last night and now it looks like early springtime. If it were not for all the leaves being soaking wet plus the big winds and impending cold, I could get out there with a rake and get to work.....oh well.....maybe tomorrow will see what's up with raking what will probably be frozen leaves.....and maybe a snow shovel will be the correct choice for removing frozen leaves......maybe the snowblower will work good on frozen leaves......maybe it will snow again soon and cover up all these miserable, brown oak leaves?