Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ...looking for a tennis game?

Hello....I'm getting into tennis and am looking to play singles or doubles tennis but I prefer singles tennis. Location: Meredith or Center Harbor town tennis courts. Skill level: advanced beginner. Age: 58 year old, athletic guy. Time: 6-pm or anytime. .....tennis anyone?

Hello Martina Navritalova.......9-time winner at Wimbledom.....any chance you be in the lakes region this summer and be look'n for a game?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 06-11-2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: tennis skills downgrade
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
SIKSUKR

Default No pushups on the court!

You gotta "love" FLL.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
Pineedles

Default Match Set Game

I have met both of you. You're both in pretty good shape, about the same age, and I would have a hard time betting on the winner not knowing each of your's level of expertise in tennis.

Sorry Bill, FF is a few years older, as I look back at his OP.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pineedles For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

I've been told I have quite a racquet going but it sure isn't a tennis racquet
Old 08-05-2010, 12:07 PM   #5
fatlazyless

Default $9.96 Fill & Drill tennis trainer

Here's a plug for the $9.96 Fill & Drill tennis trainer, which is a real good tennis training tool for pretty much anyone, beginner to experienced. Probably you are not aware, but the towns of Meredith, Center Harbor, Ashland, and Holderness (School) all have some very nice outdoor tennis courts which are definately under used. It is pretty common to be able to just show up and find an empty tennis court, all ready for you, 7 days per week, anytime and at no charge. If last year's autumn weather is a prediction, then the coming September, October and November should be real good weather for outdoor tennis. ....

While tennis can be a somewhat difficult sport to learn, the Fill & Drill tennis trainer is real good at building forehand and backhand repeat practice and strength as well as swing coordination. What's nice about it is that it is used by one person, no second person needed, and on a paved driveway, or basically any hard smooth surface. It really works, it's challenging, it's fun, and it costs 9.96, plus you need a tennis racquet too.

Great way to lose fat, build upper body strength and coordination, and have some fun while using the tennis trainer outdoors or maybe indoors in a big space.

At $9.96 at walmart.com, and other stores like Dick's Sporting Goods, it is a winner! While it is not available locally at Wal-Mart, it is available from walmart.com and amazon.com.

Say, who knows, but if you got a Lake Winnipesaukee dock that is about 30 x 6', then this tennis trainer could be used on the dock for a little waterfront tennis training...just a thought!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 08-06-2010 at 07:00 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #6
hancoveguy

I could be talked into a match... It has been many years but I dug out my racquet and some new balls and was going to play anyway. Fair warning- once upon a time I was okay but it has been a while. It would probably take me a half hour or so to get back up to novice level.

I am 35, in decent shape and I am off the neck road in Moultonboro. We will be up for the next week or so and then on and off til Sept.

Also like racquetball if their are any courts around here.

HCG
hancoveguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Ok...sounds good....give me a holler....I've been play'n for about a year....so I'm no Rafael Nadal....but what the heck!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
fatlazyless

Default ...two tennis nets still in place

If anyone else besides me is still playing tennis outdoors, it's good that two of the six Meredith tennis courts, the two with lighting for night time play, still have their tennis nets up. A round of applause goes out to the Meredith Parks & Rcreation Dept for leaving those two nets up. Playing tennis outdoors is always doable right up till the courts get buried under the winter snowfall, which has yet to happen. On a sunny day in December or January (?), outdoor tennis is a happening thing to do plus it is on the free public Meredith, rubberized asphalt, tennis courts!

If you really want to up your practice game, maybe try a www.sportstutor.com for a smallish, portable tennis ball machine which can be found from time to time on craigslist as a slightly used machine for less money.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
fatlazyless

Default ...Center Harbor tennis reopens for the season!

It's Easter Sunday, April 8, and the Center Harbor tennis courts are now open for the season; the two old, tired, worn-out, weathered, green, hard surface courts just got their nets reinstalled, doors unlocked, porta-potty in place, and pay phone ready-to-use........so the local tennis season has begun.....all you tennis players out there.....and the price to play is.......no charge.....cannot beat that price!

I volunteer myself to be a "happy volunteer" and head over there with a rake, push broom, leaf blower, and big square trash can, and do a thorough job of removing all the old leaves, twigs, blown-in small branches, and pine cones that have piled up all along the inside fence perimeter.......and across the two courts, and dump it all off into a pile in the nearby woods.....someplace out of sight. As they say.....with leaves and tree debris.....out of sight......is out of mind.....or so!