Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2016, 05:36 PM   #1
nj2nh

Default Rusty Moose at the Alton Circle

I searched to see if anyone has posted about this place on the forum, but did not see anything.

Just wanted to give a shout-out about this little hidden gem. We went for breakfast last year and found it was nice - not crowded, good food, good service.

We went again over Labor Day Weekend for dinner and it was wonderful. There was seating outside and the food and service were terrific. Basic menu of American food with burgers, seafood, etc. Interesting specials each day.

We were there on Saturday and it was not quite as good. The service was very slow, but that was because there was one waitress for the entire restaurant. Granted, without the outdoor section, there were far fewer tables, but I felt really sorry for the one waitress. There was another young woman serving the food and busing the tables, but only one waitress. We did not get our drinks until about 30 second before the meal. I blame management. The food was, once again, outstanding so there is nothing wrong in the kitchen.

Nonetheless, I suggest that if you are out by the Alton Circle, go behind the McDonalds and give the little square nondescript building with moose all over the place a try. The decor is adorable and the live music on Saturday night is lovely.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:31 PM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Been there many times for lunch, including this past Thur after we met UP at the Fryeburg fair. Very good lunch and they had 603 Winni Ale on draft!

Many past threads such as:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ighlight=moose
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:06 AM   #3
Peter

Default Great burgers!

It is a hidden gem since it is hard to see off the circle unless you know to look for it. My dad loves their burgers and I enjoy there live music.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
GBGX2

Default Excellent Lunches..

We go to the Moose regularly and always enjoy the food. The staff is friendly and very accommodating.
GBGX2 is offline   Reply With Quote