Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-29-2015, 10:42 AM   #1
Peter

Default Wolfe Den Wolfeboro

Tried the Wolfe Den in the old Strawberry Patch location on Friday night. Plus, great food. Negative, still getting their sea legs with service and timing.

We ordered our meal, 5 minutes later the waitress came back with a pad to ask what we ordered again. Couple who came in after us received their food before we even got our salads. Had to ask the waitress for our salads. As I ate my salad, waitress came to tell me that they had no more sword fish (1/2 hour after I had ordered). Chose the salmon.

Food was very good once it came. Would give them a try again and hope they have ironed out their early summer problems.

Just didn't like how the owner bad mouthed her salad prep help when we told her we received the incorrect salad on one of our orders. You should deal with back of house issues in the back of the house, not with your paying customers.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Paular (07-25-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
Patiently Watching

She bad mouths anyone and everyone. I'm sure you will hear it all if you keep eating there.
Patiently Watching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Barbara

Ate at Wolfe Den last evening with my visiting family. We were a group of six, three adults, three kids, one of whom was a toddler. We had the one table for six that was outdoors down a few steps. Perfection for having a toddler with us! It was a gorgeous evening, perfect for outdoor dining. We arrived at 5:30 and if we had gotten there any later than that all outdoor tables would have been gone.

Great cocktail and martini menu. I had the Mangotini, perfect for a summer night. Everyone was happy with their food choice and service was excellent. The owner, Barbara Naramore, was present and seemed to make her rounds among all the diners. I find that personal touch to be very positive.

We are planning two return visits next week,once for dinner with friends and the other for lunch.
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
gokart-mozart

Default Great Dinner Last Night

Finally made it to the New Wolfe Den, and was not disappointed. I had the lobster crepes, which were superb.

Barbara has outdone herself this time. Wonderful addition to the now-burgeoning Wolfe City food scene.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote