Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #1
Garcia

Default Used jet ski questions

I am toying with the idea of buying one or two used, dependable jetskis to add to the flotilla. I know very little about jetskis but am quite familiar with boats and the lake.

The idea behind getting skis is the are many nieces and nephews (all of whom have boating certificates and are familiar with the lake) from late teens to late twenties who would use them to go exploring, as a swim platform, to get ice cream etc. Use would be for fun on appropriate days. One might be fun, but two would be exponentially more fun!

My questions are as follows:
1. For a good, dependable used ski that two people can comfortably ride, what is a rough cost?
2. I'm on an island. Does anyone store skis outside on shore? I have plenty of storage space at home and can trailer them home at the end of the season - just looking at options.
3. Related, pretty easy to winterize myself?
4. Any recommendations as to where to look to start looking? Dealer recommendations or stick with private sale(s)?

I am not in a great rush, thinking that maybe as the season winds down people might be looking to get rid of a ski rather than store it. Since the pandemic, prices seem pretty high and inventory pretty low, but hopefully this will start to change.

Any suggestion appreciated!
Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote