Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #1
Islander2

Default Propane Gas

George Randall from Cow Island used to deliver 100 lb. propane tanks to the local islands. I heard he is no longer around to do this. Anyone know who is doing propane deliveries, and have any contact info they could share?

Thank you in advance.
Islander2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
Little Bear

George is still around and is still delivering propane. He delivered a tank for me on Saturday. His number is 603-253-7042.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Bear For This Useful Post:
Islander2 (05-27-2014), RLW (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Crusty

When I bought a camp some years ago, I had a small "difference of opinion" with one of the larger propane suppliers. [You can probably guess which one.]

What I ended-up doing was purchasing an RV regulator (online) and three 40# tanks. They hook-up just like grill tanks, but are twice the size. They are small/light enough that I can take them to any local propane dealer for a refill. It's easy to shop for a good price. [I find that the Aubuchon at the Alton circle is usually the best deal in my vicinity.]

I can keep as much or as little propane stockpiled as I like, I'm not dependent on scheduling a delivery, and in a pinch, I can even use a grill tank.
Crusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #4
codeman671

You can buy 100lb tanks at Lowes and fill them yourself for a lot cheaper, but will need a suitable boat and a dolly to move them. I looked into it, it cuts the cost in half figuring a tank delivered last season was $140 per cylinder.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Not quite in half, I last filled one of my 100 pound bottles for 93 bucks in mid march. However it's the best time to do it cause I could throw it in my tow tote and drag it right up to the camp with the snow machine.

Keep in mind the prices then were pushing 5 bucks a gallon. Hopefully they have come off that price since.

Careful running appliances off of smaller gas tanks you cannot just run anything with them. RV regulators are not the same as a typical 2 stage household regulator and some appliances require them. Only reason why I say that is I completely redid my service from the tanks forward including the regulator and both my heater and stove required a dual stage regulator fed off at least one 100 lb bottle. Not something you want to make a mistake with that's for sure.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post:
trfour (05-27-2014)
Sponsored Links