Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Thumbs up $7.00 Skiing WV-Tuesday Jan 4 !!!

On Sunday January 2, the Patriots beat up the Dolphins big time by beating them 38-7. So, what does this have to do with downhill skiing at Waterville Valley? It means that a lift ticket tomorrow Tuesday January 4 will cost just SEVEN DOLLARS.

Go to www.waterville.com read all about it but, as far as I know, there's no printed form needed and you just show up w/ your 7-bucks!

Hey while you are there tomorrow, check out their brand new rest rooms in the main lodge basement, which have some very nice ceramic tile work! Ho-ho-ho.....and to all a good day on the sunny slopes......can you believe it.....seven dollar lift tickets...

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Thanks FLL

Wow that is a deal, thanks for posting it!!

If anyone is going for a lesson, please ask for Forum Member, Cristen!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Default ....biggest crowd of the year.....today!

Here's my unofficial but also totally unbiased report on today, the first WV SUPER TUESDAY- NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT'S DAY DEAL which today went for the very low price of just 7-bucks!

Turning from the Tennis Channel over to the channel 58-WV chairlift and infield slope cam, a quik look immediately tells me that today is by far & away, the very busiest, most crowded day for skiers and riders for the season.....so far! The line of people waiting to get onto the chairlift is very long and very wide, much more by far than anything during the recent Christmas holiday week which was not so very big despite what has been reported in the press & tv.

I betcha it caught the ski area off guard because there's no lift line rope-lines set in place yet, and it sure looks like they would be usefull. So how's about that.....amazing what a seven dollar deal will do....and how did the word get out?

How come I'm not out there skiing myself? I am on the 7th day of a week long bout with the flu so far, and ski conditions are not all that good I have been told.....icy and scraped off......but there's always next Tuesday.....one week away........so let's go PATRIOT'S....whip that no good stinky opposition team to pieces next Sunday....and I usually have absolutely no interest in football.....
Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
......but there's always next Tuesday.....one week away........so let's go PATRIOT'S....whip that no good stinky opposition team to pieces next Sunday....and I usually have absolutely no interest in football.....
Don't count on a deal next Tuesday...the Patriots aren't playing this weekend.
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
WeirsBeachBoater

Default Wv

The $7 deal got me out there. Yes conditions weren't ideal, but I have skied on worse. It was very busy, College students are still on break and were all out on the mountain. Every looked to be having a good time. I enjoyed it, and how can you go wrong for $7.00 Thanks Patriots, next time Shut em out...
WeirsBeachBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #6
feb

Default $7 sucked me in too.

Lines were past the ropes but the wait was still only 5 minutes or so. At least it seemed that quick. I stayed in the singles line which seemed to go faster. Conditions were good given what must have been a busy school vacation week and a lack of snow. Pretty good snow on the sides. They have a long ways to go before they can be at full operation unfortunately. But you can't beat less than $1 per run.

Crowds were huge. I thought I was the only one off today until I hit Tripoli Road. Ouch!
feb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
fatlazyless

Ok....so today the price for Tues-Wed-Thurs is back up to $69 which pretty much means it becomes a deserted ski area with only the season ticket holders, and a few afternoon-high school students from the Holderness School and WV Academy doing ski racer training.

What a difference one day and a price increase from seven up to 69 dollars will make in terms of skier turn out. Looking at channel 58, the WV ski lift & infield channel w/ radio station The River for sound, it looks like I could count 15-25 empty chairs, four seater quad chairs, in a row, if I wanted to take the time. Plus, the conditions are a little better today than yesterday what with another night of grooming and a light dusting of natural snow.

Where's the price logic to charging $69/day for Tues-Wed-Thurs when almost nobody shows up to ski? As you already know Monday and Friday go for 34.50 because they are two-fer days and THE PRICE IS RIGHT! But for Tues-Wed-Thurs.........THE $69 PRICE IS TOO HIGH!

People are simply voting with their feet....and not showing up....to pay $69....which is very easy to understand.....like no kidding.....gee whiz......and duh!

Ok....so I have been told that WV had 3100 skiers yesterday show up, and that number in my casual observer opinion is a bigger number than any one day in the recent Christmas vacation when the Christmas rates were the usual every day rate of $69. Yesterday, Monday, at $7.00 it was 3100 skiers and today, Tuesday, at $69 it was about 150-skiers tops. Most likely there were very few 69-dollar skiers and they were season pass holders or local employees who get the use of a ski pass.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-05-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
fatlazyless

Default Tuesday January 11 - WV - Seven dollars, again

Brought back by popular demand, the www.waterville.com says that despite the Boston Patriots not having a weekend game to play, the Tuesday January 11 lift ticket price will once again be SEVEN DOLLARS.

It must have something to do with the 3100 skiers & riders who showed up last Tuesday which was no doubt the biggest turnout of the season so far. Seeing all those people lined up for the lift must have made the WV management's head spin just thinking about how "gee whiz-this is how things used to be."

SEVEN DOLLARS - WV - TUESDAY JANUARY 11 ......pssssttt.....keep it a secret!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
fatlazyless

Score: N Y Jets win; Patriots 21 - Jets 28, so that probably means that tomorrow's Tuesday January 18 lift ticket will cost twenty eight dollars as opposed to the Monday or Friday two-fer price of 34.50, except Tuesday is not Monday or Friday, or something like that. A wet.... & messy snow storm is predicted for Tuesday so skiing is probably a moot point....anyway?

WAY-TO-GO New England Patriots.....21 - 28 .........duh!

They should make that Tom Brady clean the toilets, rake the snow, and grease the chairlift cables!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
fatlazyless

Default Tuesdays: priced somewhere from ten to 32 dollars?

What will the price be costing on Tuesdays at WV? This seems like an inspiring promo and an unusual idea called Temperature Tuesdays which sets the Tuesday price somewhere between ten and 32 dollars depending on the temperature or something. www.waterville.com.......so everyone needs to be thinking COLD for a low WV lift ticket price to happen! Think cold......understand!

"Every Monday morning, Waterville will post what the local weather man Tony predicts the temperature will be at the base of Waterville Valley for 8-am on Tuesday." ....and that will be the Tuesday price. Every one of the 52 trails are open with some very nice conditions right now.

Anyone know what a lift ticket cost way back during the first season in 1966? I'm guessing it cost six dollars but that's just a guess. On Saturdays, a lot of expensive cars with Massachusetts plates show up and pay $69 for a lift ticket. Tomorrow, Tuesday February 1 is looking like it could cost maybe just ten dollars?

And, the Tuesday - February 1 price according to their website is FOURTEEN DOLLARS which is four more than 10, but what the hay!

Fourteen buckaroonies.....not-too-shabby for super duper, predicted TEAM ARCTIC conditions!

Better be packing a paper bag lunch and a good snow shovel, or you could get stuck paying seven dollars for a hamburger, or even eight dollars for a cheeseburger.....wow....$8 for a cheeseburger and it's not even a double-cheeseburger....give me a break!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-31-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #11
fatlazyless

Fourteen dollar lift tickets today and I'm seeing empty chairs like every other chair or so. Looks like the incoming storm is keeping people from making the trip despite the $14/54 trails/arctic conditions here at WV. Looks like 30 second tv promos only can do so much when a big storm starts to roll in........low low prices ain't everything as it goes.......it's pretty quiet for a $14 Tuesday...most likely, everyone is staying home and replacing the belts on their snow-throwers, or sharpening their snow shovels, or something....

They could probably have charged five dollars today and it wouldn't make all that much difference as to how many people show up.

Looking at a map, here's a surprise, Waterville Valley is just about level in longitude with Conway NH, although it's about a 90-minute drive from WV to Conway, same time as to drive from WV to the NH-Mass border on a good day.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-02-2011 at 08:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fatlazyless For This Useful Post:
RamJet (02-01-2011)
Old 02-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
Ropetow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
On Sunday January 2, the Patriots beat up the Dolphins big time by beating them 38-7. So, what does this have to do with downhill skiing at Waterville Valley? It means that a lift ticket tomorrow Tuesday January 4 will cost just SEVEN DOLLARS.

Go to www.waterville.com read all about it but, as far as I know, there's no printed form needed and you just show up w/ your 7-bucks!

Hey while you are there tomorrow, check out their brand new rest rooms in the main lodge basement, which have some very nice ceramic tile work! Ho-ho-ho.....and to all a good day on the sunny slopes......can you believe it.....seven dollar lift tickets...
Are you now a fan of the Sununu family?
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #13
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetow View Post
Are you now a fan of the Sununu family?
The Sununu's are the greatest, and Governor Sununu always leads the pack when they all head out on their snowboards........it's those snowboard'n Sununu's......there they go.....whooooooooosshh!

Twenty dollar, temperature Tuesday today February 8, a couple new inches of snow last night with a temperature of about 30-degrees, cloudy overcast, with what looks like very few people on board the chairlift......where's that big yellow sunny sun.....up in the sky today? Come on sunshine......twenty bucks and the slopes are look'n pretty empty? Tough business....the ski area business?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-08-2011 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #14
fatlazyless

Default BWM-Mercedes $69 Thursdays!

You know how it goes and have probably heard this coming from a well-to-do friend or someone at sometime or other: "Some people just do not mind paying a little bit more, and receiving a little bit better service!" Well.....la-tee-da!

If Mondays and Fridays at Waterville Valley are twofer $34.50 days reduced by half down from 69 to 34.50, and Tuesdays are $10 to $32 "Temperature Tuesdays," then what about Wednesday and Thursdays?

Judging by today's, Thursday February 10, excellent snow conditions, mid-teen temperatures and bright sunshine, the mountain was very empty of any skiers or boarders, while what few cars parked in the parking lots were mostly BMW and Mercedes! So, why not aim for the big money skiers and call Thursdays........"Big Money Thursdays"......when the price is the full $69....and very few people show up....and everyone has a BMW or Mercedes....and the skiing is terrific....of course....for those who don't mind paying a little bit more!

Back in the old days, ski lifts used to have about 3-4 people stationed at the bottom to assist in loading skiers on-board the chairlift, so maybe that could be brought back just for Big Money Thursdays.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #15
fatlazyless

Default fourteen dollars-Tuesday, Feb 15

Most likely the least expensive Temperature Tuesday for the rest of the winter what with winter about to lose its' frigid grip ....www.waterville.com. That's the type of a price that every cheapie would probably approve what with mucho snow and every trail open....and hopefully the predicted winds will not be closing the main lift, but even so the south side lift is still worth a $14 ticket.

Skiing on Saturday costs $69 and is very crowded. Skiing on this Tuesday costs $14 and the size of the crowd is very unpredictable? Skiing today on Monday, Feb 14 costs 34.50 which is half price. Skiing on Wednesday costs $69 which is 55-dollars more than $14 .....go figure?

Prices for the www.thealpineclinic.com are not posted in their website....
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #16
jr616

We are heading up tomorrow - not just b/c of the deal but b/c we had planned on taking the day off anyway.
Hoping it's great. Will advise!
jr616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:15 AM   #17
fatlazyless

9:10 in the morning and both lifts are now closed, Sunny Side and main lift both closed. Must be a conspiracy going on.....the mt opened at 8-am with the main lift running....and then after about 30-minutes it gets closed down with No REFUNDS on the $14......Windyville Valley strikes out again....NH needs a wind -refund law....or something.......boo-hoo! Hey,,,,someone...turn off that wind! Oh well....the lifts came back on at about 10:30 after the wind died away.

Say, maybe they should just go build a few electricity making wind mills up on the mountain since there's already a big number of lift towers and a large communication tower....what's a few more wind mill towers that actually make a little money to off-set their cost of electricity.

Wednesday is twenty dollar Facebook Wednesday, today....www.waterville.com.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-16-2011 at 07:25 AM.