Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
Newcomers

Default Business Checking accounts

I am new to the Moultonborough area and looking for a bank to open a business checking account. I spoke with Meredith, Laconia and Citizens.
It seems Citizens has the best finacial terms but I would like to get your opinion.
Thanks!
Newcomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
Irish mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomers View Post
I am new to the Moultonborough area and looking for a bank to open a business checking account. I spoke with Meredith, Laconia and Citizens.
It seems Citizens has the best finacial terms but I would like to get your opinion.
Thanks!
This is JMO but I use Meredith Village Savings Bank for everything. Great service. Great people. Nothing better than using a small local bank.

Last edited by Irish mist; 02-27-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Irish mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #3
fatlazyless

Meredith Village Savings' Generation Card comes with a booklet of local businesses and services that offer various discounts. Six cents off a gallon of Mobil gasoline at the town docks Mobil,,,,,,used to be 3%...until their discount got discounted.

Never a problem with my exremely meager account, plus they have free cookies and coffee every once in a while.

Hey, so what the Meredith Village Savings Generation Card really needs in their discount book is a local Korean massage parlour!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
kayakn

We have been using Laconia Savings for years. Always great service. We just bought a business last summer and have continued with LSB. JMO...
kayakn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
JL Girl

I recommend Meredith Village Savings Bank too - our condo association has used them for years and we have always been pleased by their service. I have them for my personal accounts too, as well as the Generations Gold card. They're down to the earth, helpful, and personable too.
JL Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

I would stay away from Citizens.............we've used them all at one time or another and Citizens was the only one that was troublesome
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #7
Paugus Bay Resident

I have business accounts with both MVSB and TD BankNorth. Been happy with both. My only complaint with MVSB is that you can't make deposits with their ATMs.
Paugus Bay Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #8
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Agree on Citizens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I would stay away from Citizens.............we've used them all at one time or another and Citizens was the only one that was troublesome
We swapped all accounts from Citizens to TDBank North and have been very happy with the change. Citizens was very reluctant to bend even minor rules (accepting fund transfers over the phone when we were away from home) while we have been able to work with TDBank North through a number of issues.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #9
Puckster

Default avoid citizens

they will nickle and dime you to death. Stupid fees for deposits ect. The family business has their account there, I have my personal account at Bank North.
Puckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
Weirs guy

DISCLAIMER, Weirs Gal works for MVSB...

Having said that I would strongly urge anyone to avoid TD or Citizens, or any other large bank. The wife has worked for one of them before (OK, TD, but only because you twisted my arm) and finds MVSB and any other locally operated small bank to be much more customer focused. They tend to spend their money in the community and not on naming an arena in Boston....

Now?
Weirs guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #11
Rag Top Daze

Default 6 of one, half a dozen of the other

We have a personal account at MVSB and one at TD and a business account at LSB. The big difference I find with the 3 is that MVSB charges a fee if we were to transfer funds on line from our Smith Barney higher yield account into our account. LSB and TD don't charge when we do this. Other than that, we are happy with all 3. One was more convenient than the others to where we lived at one time or another over the past 4 years,

I live for a rag top day
Rag Top Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #12
froggy

For whatever reasons: At citizens I have no service charges on two business accounts: one is for merchant c/c processing, and I transfer on line to other - an operating checking account. I have no charges on a citizens circle personal checking, interest bearing. Disclaimer: we are merely a number, even though I have banked in the same building (about 4 banks over the years) since it was erected, about 1974! Rarely anywhere is there customer service like there used to be!!!
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote