Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-08-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
Joe Pep

Default Free Home

Hi out there,I'm new to the forum but have had a cottage in Meredith for about 6 years.I'm looking for some feedback.I currently have a 2 bedroom house that is in decent shape.The bathroom and all the plumbing was new in 02. The house has become to small for our expanding family and the many weekend visitors we have.We are fortunate enough to have a builder in the family who has offered to build us a new home at an affordable price.We want to offer the currant house free to anyone who wants to absorb the cost of moving it.The dimensions of the house less the porch are 24x28.It is on piers so i am told it would not be a difficult move.I dont have figures as to how much this would cost. We feel it would be a win win situation if someone got a free home and we saved on the cost of demolition.Any serious comments or suggestions would be welcome. Thank you -Joe Pep
Joe Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #2
LSBA Joker

Default free home

Joe,
Thanks. I might be buying a lot from a friend who is thinking of subdividing her new land. She hasn't decided yet, cause she just bought and kinda likes having some space around her, but her 1st tax bill was a killer. She is someplace off Rt 3 towards the Wiers. Are you in that end of town? Maybe we can work something out.
Have you had any experience working with the Meredith Town officials? There must be a few permits I'd need.

Joanie
LSBA Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:08 AM   #3
Rolie

Default Talk to Darryl

Joe Pep,
I have a neighbor in Meredith who is doing the same thing except he has a trailer. Anyways he gave it to somebody who will be moving it shortly and putting it on a piece of land in Meredith.
Make sure you have all your permits and approvals before you even start. I went to a zoning board meeting the other night and the neighbor of one of the applicants gave him such a hard time. I think she was new to the neighborhood and wanted to mark her territory, not really sure what riled her up but I know that the guy who wants to build that house will have to be CERTAIN that all is on the up and up.
Anyways, the guy who is moving the trailer is Darryl....I don't know his last name but he and his brother will be moving it soon.
Rolie is offline   Reply With Quote