Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
JL Girl

Default Captain Bart is closing for season!

Just an alert...Captain Bart's Seafood Market is closing for the season on Sunday, September 30th. I just had a feeling the time was drawing near and so called his telephone number: 476-8830 that is listed in his ad - a message came on saying he was closing for the season and that if one wanted to make sure that he would have what one wanted, to leave an order (including crab cakes). He is open tomorrow 12-5 pm, Friday 4-6 pm, Saturday 12-5 pm, and Sunday 12-3 pm. Last year I picked up those delicious frozen crab cakes, envisioning a winter's treat, and lo and behold, 2 thunderstorms with power outages of 15 and 12 hours resulted in having to throw them out so I had to wait until this summer to get some! Here's hoping I can enjoy my 5 packages all winter!
JL Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

I bet if you are nice to Jamie, Patti or Jimmy Grey (owners of Buckey's) they will sell you some crabcakes! They get them from Bart.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #3
Belkin

Default Crab Cakes

I bought what I think were called "Crabbie Cakes" from Captain Bart's this year. They were very inexpensive, but were made from imitation crab meat (I saw the box). They were Ok, but they were not what I would call "Crab Cakes". I have gotten lump crab cakes from a pizza place in Maryland (broiled not fried) and they were unbelievable. My friends from Maryland indicated that the pizza place had the best crab cakes around. The meal cost abut $10 for a 4 Oz crab cake.

My question is, are the crab cakes from Captain Bart's that you refer to the "Crabbie Cakes" that I got this past year or do the have "real" crab cakes?

Belkin
Belkin is offline   Reply With Quote