Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-05-2024, 01:13 PM   #1
chachee52

Default Glendale car and trailer parking

I have a friend that is going to let me use his fishing boat a few times this year. I am a Gilford resident, but will be using his truck to tow the boat. Looking at the website, I can get a guest pass, but that only allows the car to park, not the trailer. Is this true? If so, how do others get around this? Seems silly for me to bring the boat down, take another 30-45 min to go back and forth to my house just to get my car to park there, then do the same at the end of the day all because the guest pass can't park a trailer.
I plan to go down to town hall and ask too, but figured someone on here might know before I get a chance to go down and ask.
Thanks in advance.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 01:35 PM   #2
ishoot308

Thanked 4,955 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
I have a friend that is going to let me use his fishing boat a few times this year. I am a Gilford resident, but will be using his truck to tow the boat. Looking at the website, I can get a guest pass, but that only allows the car to park, not the trailer. Is this true? If so, how do others get around this? Seems silly for me to bring the boat down, take another 30-45 min to go back and forth to my house just to get my car to park there, then do the same at the end of the day all because the guest pass can't park a trailer.
I plan to go down to town hall and ask too, but figured someone on here might know before I get a chance to go down and ask.
Thanks in advance.
If you’re a Gilford resident you should be able to get a resident sticker which allows you to use the launch and park your vehicle and trailer in the back lot. Not sure what you could to if your using someone else’s truck that is not a resident as the town stickers correlate to the vehicle license plate…

A standard guest pass does not allow you to launch only to park your vehicle in one of the upper lots. A guest “launch pass” would allow you to launch but you would need to park your trailer elsewhere usually at the old skating rink by Fays but not sure that’s still available.

It might be just easier to pay the nominal fee and launch at Fays or Silver Sands that have trailer parking right there….

Dan
Old 05-05-2024, 01:50 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,527 Times in 988 Posts
Default Glendale fees

I think you need a guest pass to park the truck since it won't have a Gilford sticker which would be free on your own car. The guest pass is $25.00. It is an additional $25 for a guest to use the launch ramp. Presumably, this gets you trailer parking by the hockey rink?

Can you launch at Ellacoya? I don't see much info on their website about the launch ramp or related fees.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:59 PM   #4
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I think you need a guest pass to park the truck since it won't have a Gilford sticker which would be free on your own car. The guest pass is $25.00. It is an additional $25 for a guest to use the launch ramp. Presumably, this gets you trailer parking by the hockey rink?

Can you launch at Ellacoya? I don't see much info on their website about the launch ramp or related fees.
Ellacoya would be too shallow and sandy ramp for my liking.
For $50 I can launch at Glendale as many times I want a year, Fays is $30 each launch per the web site.
Just seems odd they will give you a guest launch, but no where to park.
I'll head down and ask. I can't be the first person that asks this type of question.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:32 PM   #5
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachee52 View Post
Ellacoya would be too shallow and sandy ramp for my liking.
For $50 I can launch at Glendale as many times I want a year, Fays is $30 each launch per the web site.
Just seems odd they will give you a guest launch, but no where to park.
I'll head down and ask. I can't be the first person that asks this type of question.
With a guest pass you cannot park the trailer at Glendale. Trailer parking is for residents with stickers only. I assume your vehicle with a town sticker isn’t capable of towing the boat?
codeman671 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2024, 08:46 AM   #6
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
With a guest pass you cannot park the trailer at Glendale. Trailer parking is for residents with stickers only. I assume your vehicle with a town sticker isn’t capable of towing the boat?
That is correct, that is why I'll be using his truck. That is what I'm trying to figure out is how I can park there. Makes no sense to be able to put a boat in and not have a place to put the trailer after.