Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
C-Bass

Default First Snow

Winter is here!! Very nice to see, although very slippery driving from Wolfeboro home to M-Boro this evening. Looked like the plowed parts of 109 but, still slick. Be careful out there
C-Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
steve-on-mark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 11-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
Woody38

thanks for the picture.
Always love first snow. For all it is worth we are heading to Burbank, CA for several months. Some drizzle and ice on the windshield this am in PA. Temp was 42 when we left.
Happy Thanksgiving to all and be safe.

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.
Woody38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
Dave M

Default Our 1st driving in snow this season

Had light snow going up to camp to have gas line installed for gas stove in Moultonborough. Light snow all day. Did last leaf blowing, a lot of leaves. Looked nice looking over the water with the snow. Had shut down water last weekend, cleaned out rest of camp. Nephew boat still in the water, he's pushing his luck. Headed home ~4pm, stopped at Country Store. Only ones in the place. Bought our usual calendar. Stopped at George's for soup. Snow starting to accumulate. Rt. 104 OK, Rt. 93 had a lot of slush until we got to Concord where it was just wet.

Dave M
Dave M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #5
Music Man

Before going out last night, had to brush an inch or so of "no accumulation" off my car...

Music Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2017, 01:55 AM   #6
fatlazyless

Default ...Winnisquam Fire guy to the help!

Thanks big to the guy who stopped to help me out of a snowy, slippery pickle on snowy Monday night on the uphill slope of the Meredith Neck Rd just beyond Powers Rd, and just below the little white church building.

Opposite direction traffic tends to appear suddenly coming down over the top of the hill crest, and I got stuck, pulling a trailer, on the wrong side of the center white line, just below the hill crest, potentially setting me up for a severe, head-on collision, which was not a happy place to be.

Anyway, some guy plus woman passenger in a full sized pickup, wearing a Winnisquam Fire sweatshirt, driving from the opposite direction saw my crappy situation, and made the instant decision to stop, and did everything it took to get me the hell out of that bad spot, including towing my trailer up the hill, and all the 3-miles back home. Apparently, his truck had better tires for the snow and the trailer hitch had both a 2" and a 1 7/8" trailer ball on the same hitch, plus he had motivation to help?

Happy to say I did not get destroyed in a nasty head-on ....... while stuck on the hill ..... thanks very much!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 11-15-2017 at 03:54 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote