Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2018, 12:46 AM   #1
JasonG

Default Year Round Home Suggestion That Are Waterfront Community?

What are good waterfront year round home regions around Winni? Looking for ones that offer deeded dock, beach access, for that specific community within a few minute walking distance?
JasonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:13 AM   #2
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
What are good waterfront year round home regions around Winni? Looking for ones that offer deeded dock, beach access, for that specific community within a few minute walking distance?

Lake Shore Park in Gilford is year round. Great place but I do not think they allow rentals if you intend to rent it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:39 AM   #3
winnipiseogee

I've always really liked the area around Wotanda Ln in Meredith. Beach is great. Docking is really nice. It doesn't seem to crowded and the houses are not on top of each other.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:47 AM   #4
JasonG

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipiseogee View Post
I've always really liked the area around Wotanda Ln in Meredith. Beach is great. Docking is really nice. It doesn't seem to crowded and the houses are not on top of each other.
Wow... I stayed at a home there for two weeks about 12 years ago. Just realized it once I looked it up.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #5
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

There is always South Down and Long Bay in Laconia. Plenty of amenities with beaches boat club play grounds ponds. Also as long as you don’t need a water view but just want to be close to the water there are some inexpensive options

joey2665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2018, 03:37 PM   #6
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
There is always South Down and Long Bay in Laconia. Plenty of amenities with beaches boat club play grounds ponds. Also as long as you don’t need a water view but just want to be close to the water there are some inexpensive options

Keep in mind that this particular community is in a battle with the City of Laconia over a bicycle path that passes on State/City owned property near their cottages. They have no issue spending Millions of dollars trying to prevent the State/City from building the path that was on the Master Plan decades ago. This will surely affect your cottage dues.
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
8gv

“Millions” is quite an exaggeration.
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #8
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Keep in mind that this particular community is in a battle with the City of Laconia over a bicycle path that passes on State/City owned property near their cottages. They have no issue spending Millions of dollars trying to prevent the State/City from building the path that was on the Master Plan decades ago. This will surely affect your cottage dues.

Was not looking to get into a whole Laconia political discussion just answer the question

Old 02-17-2018, 05:20 PM   #9
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Was not looking to get into a whole Laconia political discussion just answer the question

It has nothing to do with politics. This has to do with NIMBY's with a false sense of entitlement...

LACONIA — For the third consecutive year the membership of the South Down Shores Recreational Association resolved that the Winnisquam-Opechee-Winnipesaukee (WOW) Recreation Trail not cross the property of the gated community on the western shore of Paugus Bay. At the annual meeting last month residents also reaffirmed the decision taken in 2008 to assess each of the nearly 500 homes $100 a year to establish a legal fud "to protect South Down's interest with respect to the proposed Phase II of the Laconia WOW Trail."

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...n-to-wow-trail

Those dues are being wasted on frivolous law suits. I am sure the slush fund has grown to over a Million since its inception. This was quoted in the LADS that The OP deserves to know how his cottage association fees may be wasted.
Old 02-17-2018, 05:34 PM   #10
joey2665

Quote:
It has nothing to do with politics. This has to do with NIMBY's with a false sense of entitlement...

LACONIA — For the third consecutive year the membership of the South Down Shores Recreational Association resolved that the Winnisquam-Opechee-Winnipesaukee (WOW) Recreation Trail not cross the property of the gated community on the western shore of Paugus Bay. At the annual meeting last month residents also reaffirmed the decision taken in 2008 to assess each of the nearly 500 homes $100 a year to establish a legal fud "to protect South Down's interest with respect to the proposed Phase II of the Laconia WOW Trail."

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx...n-to-wow-trail

Those dues are being wasted on frivolous law suits. I am sure the slush fund has grown to over a Million since its inception. This was quoted in the LADS that The OP deserves to know how his cottage association fees may be wasted.

Yes it is. Not getting into a WOW argument

Old 02-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #11
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Yes it is. Not getting into a WOW argument

With all due respect, you are not the OP.

I am allowed to express my opinion same as you are. You do not get to decide how I chose to reply. I have posted facts as I see them and provided a link and you have rebutted with "Yes it is".

Either way, we have differing opinions as to SD/LB and its residents.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:10 PM   #12
joey2665

Quote:
With all due respect, you are not the OP.

I am allowed to express my opinion same as you are. You do not get to decide how I chose to reply. I have posted facts as I see them and provided a link and you have rebutted with "Yes it is".

Either way, we have differing opinions as to SD/LB and its residents.

Again you are hijacking the thread forum its original intent. That’s MY OPINION

Old 02-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #13
Major

Needless to say, Outdoorsman knows not of what he speaks. It is his right to promote that waste of taxpayer money WOW Trail. Thankfully, it is my right, as it is of 660 SD/LB families to fight it every inch of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #14
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Again you are hijacking the thread forum its original intent. That’s MY OPINION

Joey, this is not your thread. Post your opinion and move on. I will do the same. Let the OP decide for himself what is relevant. You do not get to pick and choose for him.

There is no hijacking going on. You posted your opinion, I disagreed with your opinion. That is how forums work.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #15
joey2665

Quote:
Joey, this is not your thread. Post your opinion and move on. I will do the same. Let the OP decide for himself what is relevant. You do not get to pick and choose for him.

There is no hijacking going on. You posted your opinion, I disagreed with your opinion. That is how forums work.

Never said it was have a great night

Old 02-17-2018, 07:26 PM   #16
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,209 Posts

I think it's important when people ask about buying in the area that the responses provided are as complete as possible. Explaining the differences between associations to a prospective buyer--such as the one that came up a couple weeks ago near the Weirs (title: what am I missing?)--are a good example of this.

The suggestion to take a peak at SD/LB was a good one, but I think I'd like to know if I were buying into an association that collects, as part of its costs, money to fight lawsuits. Especially if the lawsuit might be frivolous/unwinnable (NOT saying it is) or if it could potentially lead to the state playing hardball about renewing water access rights. I think knowing these things is as important as knowing the financial status of an association.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:28 PM   #17
jetskier

Post Not an isolated matter

Phase III/IV of the WOW trail would potentially impact every homeowner and association along the railroad side of Paugus Bay. SD/LB are by no means the only associations that could be impacted, nor are they the only ones opposing this particular proposed route.

Outdoorsman does not have correct information as there is no $100 per year allocation of dues to a legal fund. SD/LB and Paugus Park all have money set aside to work together in opposing this route. It would be nice if the funds were millions of dollars, they are not. Nor are SD/LB fighting any active litigation.

Personally, I think that both SD and LB are terrific communities and well worth a look.

Regards,
Jetskier
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #18
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Phase III/IV of the WOW trail would potentially impact every homeowner and association along the railroad side of Paugus Bay. SD/LB are by no means the only associations that could be impacted, nor are they the only ones opposing this particular proposed route.

Outdoorsman does not have correct information as there is no $100 per year allocation of dues to a legal fund. SD/LB and Paugus Park all have money set aside to work together in opposing this route. It would be nice if the funds were millions of dollars, they are not. Nor are SD/LB fighting any active litigation.

Personally, I think that both SD and LB are terrific communities and well worth a look.

Regards,

Jetskier

Jetskier although we are differing in opinion on the WOW I do agree with your post and appreciate it. Thank you.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #19
MeredithMan

Default In an attempt to get back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonG View Post
Jason, take a look at places on Ashley Drive/Regis Road/Sundown Condos just outside the Weirs on 11B. They all have access to a very nice beach, Plantation Beach, down on Pendleton Road. The beach area and water quality is some of the best on the lake.
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #20
Leoskeys

Default Winstock condos in Gilford?

I have a friend looking at Samoset, but Winstock in Gilford also looks interesting. But less amenities, and smaller. Anyone have intel on this association?
Leoskeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:21 PM   #21
MeredithMan

Default Also Plantation Road...

Jason, to add to my previous post, the houses on Plantation Road also have access to this beach. I happened to drive by there this morning, and there is a "for sale" sign at the start of Plantation Road for a place there somewhere...I did not drive up the road to see which one, but I'm sure you could find it on line.

My family was in that neighborhood / association for many years, so please PM me if you would like more info
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #22
jetskier

Post Agreed

Quote:
Jetskier although we are differing in opinion on the WOW I do agree with your post and appreciate it. Thank you.

Similarly, I appreciate and respect your opinion.
jetskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:34 PM   #23
JasonG

What the hell did I start?
Old 02-23-2018, 09:08 AM   #24
gillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
Jason, to add to my previous post, the houses on Plantation Road also have access to this beach. I happened to drive by there this morning, and there is a "for sale" sign at the start of Plantation Road for a place there somewhere...I did not drive up the road to see which one, but I'm sure you could find it on line.

My family was in that neighborhood / association for many years, so please PM me if you would like more info
Here's the link to the house for sale on Plantation Rd. FYI, it's a dirt road.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-1#M3853061451
Old 02-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #25
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post
Lake Shore Park in Gilford is year round. Great place but I do not think they allow rentals if you intend to rent it out.

You are correct. LSP does not allow rentals and only immediate family (siblings or children) can use the cottage if the owner is not present. Also you only own the cottage, not the land.
funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #26
Highlander

Small Associations are the best bet. We live year round in a small community that has a nice waterfront area with a beach and dock/ mooring area where most people have a boat slip. This way you don't have the higher waterfront taxes but still get the waterfront to use. Smaller associations usually mean less cost and fewer rules when the property owners run the association.
Highlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #27
joey2665

Not looking to create another firestorm () but South Down and Long Bay are very pet friendly and there are reasonable options especially for all the amenities included. Full disclosure, I owned in there for 10 years and my ex is still there
Old 02-23-2018, 03:11 PM   #28
Dickie B from HB

Default Lsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs41378 View Post

I was told last summer when looking at property at Lake Shore Park, that you were not allowed to live there year around for seven years. You could only live there seasonally for the first seven years.
Dickie B from HB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #29
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie B from HB View Post
I was told last summer when looking at property at Lake Shore Park, that you were not allowed to live there year around for seven years. You could only live there seasonally for the first seven years.
Heard this when son tried to take over his parent's trailer. New rule that was put in that no one knew about. But that's another topic
Also, not guaranteed a boat dock, have to be put on a list. There are plenty of mooring spaces out front though.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote