Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
sum-r breeze

Default New Construction in the Weirs

Mrs Breeze just got a Zillow alert about detached condos being built on the site of the former Surf Coaster property. According to the map attached to the listing it appears to be at the corner of 11B and White Oaks Road. If we are correct about the location it will be a welcome improvement to a long standing eyesore in the region. It's great to see the economy recovering so as to make these projects possible and profitable!! Best of luck to the developers and thank you for improving the Weirs

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back
sum-r breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
Shrimpbrain

Thank Goodness for President Trump.
Shrimpbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
Woodsy

I think these are being built across the street where the "stunted" condo development was. They were approved by the town a few months ago...

Woodsy
Old 01-26-2018, 03:31 AM   #4
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpbrain View Post
Thank Goodness for President Trump.
.... hey Shrimpbrain ... that's definitely a comment from the 'fake news' dept .... which most everyone knows is not fair & balanced ...

Will be nice to see Laconia reconstruct their tourist info shed and parking lot on Weirs Blvd, next to Lililukalani's Ice Cream, which is no longer used and is closed, into a hand carry access spot just south of the Weirs Channel on Paugus Bay, for use by kayaks, canoes, and sup paddle boards. Laconia has no public boat launch on Lake Winnipesaukee what with all the nearby commercial boat launch ramps for motorboats and this could be used by many residents in the area for paddling.

Pemigewasett Lake In New Hampton on Rt 104 has a NH Fish & Game boat launch and parking lot that is roof top boats only like kayaks, canoes and suv paddle boards, with no trailers allowed, if Laconia wants to check it out to see how it got designed and then go apply that to the info kiosk water access spot on Paugus Bay.

Could be one more reason among the many benefits to be buying a new Surf Coaster condo on White Oaks Rd and living that Laconia dream ..... you knows what I mean!

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-26-2018 at 06:03 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #5
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Will be nice to see Laconia reconstruct their tourist info shed and parking lot on Weirs Blvd, next to Lililukalani's Ice Cream, which is no longer used and is closed, into a hand carry access spot just south of the Weirs Channel on Paugus Bay, for use by kayaks, canoes, and sup paddle boards. Laconia has no public boat launch on Lake Winnipesaukee what with all the nearby commercial boat launch ramps for motorboats and this could be used by many residents in the area for paddling.
Are you out of your mind? Pick the busiest, roughest and arguably congested areas of the entire lake and encourage people to launch and use canoes, kayaks and those ridiculously stupid SUP things. I just shake my head at that one.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2018, 03:39 PM   #6
WinnisquamZ

Could not have said it any better

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #7
8gv

Outriggers...

Take a heavy position in them NOW!
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 04:56 PM   #8
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Are you out of your mind? Pick the busiest, roughest and arguably congested areas of the entire lake and encourage people to launch and use canoes, kayaks and those ridiculously stupid SUP things. I just shake my head at that one.
So you missed the kayak/SUP rental place next to the Meredith public docks? Yes it's a NWZ but the paddlers, in groupos, go back and forth in front of the docks. Hard to maintain control when you have to come out of gear and there's a little breeze and it's congested. Comparatively, Paugus is a great place for a carry in launch.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:51 PM   #9
Biggd

Thanked 1,065 Times in 672 Posts

Just what the area needs, more condo's. Ya, thank you Mr Trump, Not!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #10
fatlazyless

Default ..... access to Paugus Bay!

If you go take a good look at the tourist info kiosk access spot, which is no longer in operation because everyone now gets their info from the internet, you will see it is south of the Weirs Channel, and on Paugus Bay, where the Bay has widened out by a lot, so's the paddlers would be having their safe little area without getting in the way of the Channel motorboat traffic. It would be creat'n a symbiotic relationship between the motor boaters, and the paddlers ...... and now .....wouldn't that all be a welcome happening.

Could be another reason why someone wants to be buying a new condo at the old Surf Coaster property on White Oaks Rd and liv'n that Laconia family life style. Like ...... what time is it ...... is time to go hit that Paugus Bay ......and unload a 30-lb, 11'6" x 32" sup paddle board, good to go with plenty buoyancy for even our 236-lb President. Ya just know that he would be a natural paddler doing a stand up paddle board .....soak'n up some of that good NH sunshine ...... dont'cha know .... as long as it ain't too windy! If dat paddle board be a sink'n ..... just maybe he weighs in at 296-lbs?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #11
Outdoorsman

Yet another thread hijacked by Fat Lazy
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #12
Shrimpbrain

Sometimes you wish he had a clue. But most of the time he's just out in Left field playing by himself.
Shrimpbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 10:29 PM   #13
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

And by commenting on his, and others, off-topic posts, you continue to keep the thread off topic. Here's a thought: ignore them and they will go away.
Back to new construction in the Weirs.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 01-27-2018, 10:12 AM   #14
Biggd

Thanked 1,065 Times in 672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
And by commenting on his, and others, off-topic posts, you continue to keep the thread off topic. Here's a thought: ignore them and they will go away.
Back to new construction in the Weirs.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
We could only hope but that isn't going to happen. He's a lonely old man with no friends left to torment so he holds us captive to his drivel.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:13 PM   #15
noreast

Oh stop it, He's good for the site.
noreast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #16
MAXUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
So you missed the kayak/SUP rental place next to the Meredith public docks? Yes it's a NWZ but the paddlers, in groupos, go back and forth in front of the docks. Hard to maintain control when you have to come out of gear and there's a little breeze and it's congested. Comparatively, Paugus is a great place for a carry in launch.
Oh I have and what's even worse is chances are anyone who is renting one of those things likely has no or very little clue not only on how to use what they rented but don't understand that even the most careful and seasoned captain can't just stop on dime or "put it in park" after they have a yard sale in the midst of all that congestion. I'm sure one day an accident will occur, it's just a matter of time. The sad thing is in these situations a little common sense goes a long way, the lack thereof demonstrated regularly is quite frightening.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #17
MAXUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Just what the area needs, more condo's. Ya, thank you Mr Trump, Not!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Hey I'm not a big condo fan but that lot with the old dilapidated surf coaster is one hell of an eyesore and has been for years. I'd like to think whatever goes there will be a little more ascetically pleasing.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:36 PM   #18
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum-r breeze View Post
Mrs Breeze just got a Zillow alert about detached condos being built on the site of the former Surf Coaster property. According to the map attached to the listing it appears to be at the corner of 11B and White Oaks Road. If we are correct about the location it will be a welcome improvement to a long standing eyesore in the region. It's great to see the economy recovering so as to make these projects possible and profitable!! Best of luck to the developers and thank you for improving the Weirs

The Breeze
This property is advertised as being forsale:

https://www.newenglandcommercialprop...conia-NH-03246

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...04300105_zpid/
Old 01-27-2018, 08:58 PM   #19
AmantiDelLago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
The pictures in the first link brought me back to some fun times with the kids! But they are sort of misleading as to the current state of the property. Good luck with those pools!
AmantiDelLago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:56 AM   #20
fatlazyless

Drove down White Oaks Rd yesterday, enroute to Lowe's, and took a good look at the 11-acre Surf Coaster property. No new suggestion of impending condo construction and it all looked same old, same old .... a tired old, broken down mess of a former commercial go-to recreation spot with a chain link fence surrounding and a realty 'for sale' sign. It all looks like a lot of unwanted junk, no people anywhere, and all growing over with the trees and grass.

The rv park with permanent rv's parked in place just across the hillside road, and in the line of sight between the 'surf coaster' property, and the water view of Lake Winnipesaukee at the Weirs might be bad for condo development? Like......so, where's the view .....what view .....do you see the lake .....no, I see a lot of large recreational vehicles parked across the road ...... hmmm? ..... do we want an rv park for a permanent neighbor that's been there for many years ....... what?

But, who knows, maybe it will get developed into condos .....time will tell? Then again, maybe it will just remain as is for the next umpteen years. Has it been ten years now since the Surf Coaster was a working seasonal business?

...... it is what it is, and what is it?

Are property taxes getting paid, or does the city own it?
Old 01-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #21
Doobs41378

It closed in 2006.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Doobs41378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:41 AM   #22
sum-r breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
I think these are being built across the street where the "stunted" condo development was. They were approved by the town a few months ago...

Woodsy
Where is this "Stunted" condo development you speak of located? Is it the cleared land North of Sundown Condos?

The Breeze
Old 01-29-2018, 09:52 AM   #23
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Drove down White Oaks Rd yesterday, enroute to Lowe's, and took a good look at the 11-acre Surf Coaster property. No new suggestion of impending condo construction and it all looked same old, same old .... a tired old, broken down mess of a former commercial go-to recreation spot with a chain link fence surrounding and a realty 'for sale' sign. It all looks like a lot of unwanted junk, no people anywhere, and all growing over with the trees and grass.

The rv park with permanent rv's parked in place just across the hillside road, and in the line of sight between the 'surf coaster' property, and the water view of Lake Winnipesaukee at the Weirs might be bad for condo development? Like......so, where's the view .....what view .....do you see the lake .....no, I see a lot of large recreational vehicles parked across the road ...... hmmm? ..... do we want an rv park for a permanent neighbor that's been there for many years ....... what?

But, who knows, maybe it will get developed into condos .....time will tell? Then again, maybe it will just remain as is for the next umpteen years. Has it been ten years now since the Surf Coaster was a working seasonal business?

...... it is what it is, and what is it?

Are property taxes getting paid, or does the city own it?
Thanks for taking the time to look at what our new and improved economy has created..not much I guess.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:54 PM   #24
Woodsy

breeze...

Yes, that is the location for the new development. On the same side just north of Nestledown. There was an article in the Sun about a month or so ago when they went in front of the town planning board and it got approved.

Woodsy
Old 01-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #25
sum-r breeze

Quote:
breeze...

Yes, that is the location for the new development. On the same side just north of Nestledown. There was an article in the Sun about a month or so ago when they went in front of the town planning board and it got approved.

Woodsy
Kind of strange that they would list it as 135 Endicott Drive East when the even numbers are on that side of the street. Go Carts are listed as 102 Endicott. Still a welcome improvement to the area boosting our tax base.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' bsack
Old 01-29-2018, 01:34 PM   #26
Woodsy

if you scroll down thru this document... you can get to the site plan.

Woodsy

https://www.laconianh.gov/AgendaCent...92?fileID=1547
Old 01-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #27
Phantom

If I have this location correct -- it is the area that was "cleared" a few years back and essentially runs parallel to Lucerne Ave. The back end of this lot would essentially abut Pendleton .

Attached Images

Old 01-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #28
Rusty

Here is the exact location of the 3 phase condo plan:
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #29
Phantom

LOL Rusty --

I think our posts crossed in the air..

Old 01-29-2018, 02:36 PM   #30
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
LOL Rusty --

I think our posts crossed in the air..

It looks like they did

When and if they finish all phases of the project, that will be a lot of condos.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #31
Phantom

I know the folks at the end of Lucerne Ave are not too happy about this as there are a couple of old "Fire Roads" that extend to Lucerne and there is the potential for "short cuts" across their private property ........ They were quite pleased when it went dormant a while back.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #32
sum-r breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Here is the exact location of the 3 phase condo plan:
Thanks so much!! You guys are always a wealth of information!! They are advertising side walks and street lights and walking trails. It sounds like a nice addition to the area

The Breeze
Old 01-29-2018, 06:57 PM   #33
Woodsy

The actual site plan is the link I posted.... If you want to see the roads, see house layout etc.

Woodsy
Old 01-30-2018, 09:36 AM   #34
Rusty

Quote:
The actual site plan is the link I posted.... If you want to see the roads, see house layout etc.

Woodsy
Thank you for that info, your post is where I found the owner and lot location.

That site plan is very interesting and looks like a good layout for condos.