Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2018, 06:17 PM   #1
Winnicleanup

Default Lake Winnipesaukee Spring Cleanup

We are putting a spring cleanup of Lake Winnipesaukee anyone interested in volunteering please see attached photo for info or email to winnicleanup@gmail.com
Attached Images

Winnicleanup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #2
MBNeckguy

What is your goal? Floating trash? Drift wood? Specific areas? I love the idea and hope there are many volunteers that join in.

Sent from my [device_name] using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
MBNeckguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
Winnicleanup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBNeckguy View Post
What is your goal? Floating trash? Drift wood? Specific areas? I love the idea and hope there are many volunteers that join in.

Sent from my [device_name] using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
We are looking at both drift wood and trash as well as shoreline and public ramps and docks. We will have grounds crews and boats involved but really need to find more kayaks to speed up shoreline areas. We would also like private shoreline and dock owners to pitch in and could leave their debris on their docks for the boat crews to pick up. We will have an off color trash bag that stands out so they will be easily visible. Once I have supplies they will be at Shep Brown's or Goodhue and Hawkins for pickup by volunteers and shoreline residents. We are hoping to add some other pickup locations as well.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnicleanup View Post
We are looking at both drift wood and trash as well as shoreline and public ramps and docks. We will have grounds crews and boats involved but really need to find more kayaks to speed up shoreline areas. We would also like private shoreline and dock owners to pitch in and could leave their debris on their docks for the boat crews to pick up. We will have an off color trash bag that stands out so they will be easily visible. Once I have supplies they will be at Shep Brown's or Goodhue and Hawkins for pickup by volunteers and shoreline residents. We are hoping to add some other pickup locations as well.
A super idea. Just a drop of advice as a waterfront owner--most private waterfront owners do not need incentive or help to clean up their shorelines. So before offering the dockside debris pickup to a wide audience, you might consider how the boat crews could be put to better use elsewhere in the cleanup process.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
Winnicleanup

Thanks Peter I will take that into consideration as we get more organized. If you have any other suggestions please feel free to send them along.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #6
barefootbay

I think all those responsible for the " Fishing Derby " should be mandatory volunteers for the spring clean up.
barefootbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
Winnicleanup

Default Flyers

New flyers are off to printing. We will getting them out in the community this week.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
fatlazyless

Default .... milfoil removal

https://www.des.nh.gov/media/pr/2016...c-invasive.htm

Is it ok if I show up with my $14.88 Walmart.com fishing waders and $8.99 steel landscape rake to remove all the dreaded milfoil weeds growing in the sandy bottom along the Meredith Bay boardwalk, close to the docks at the paddle board rental and Inn at Church Point? There's lots of very yucky milfoil growing there in the shallow water, that can be seen from the boardwalk and docks. It's seems to be pretty simple to get it removed ...... just like doing yard work.......you rake it out of the sandy bottom and place it into a big plastic trash can with a tight lid that actually floats pretty much water tight.

Unless you is a duck or a goose that likes to eat the milfoil and spread its' milfoil seeds, milfoil is an invasive species or a fast growing, water weed that clogs up the lake.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myriophyllum

Last edited by fatlazyless; 01-07-2018 at 12:59 PM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #9
Winnicleanup

Default Help us make this great event a successful one.

https://www.gofundme.com/winnicleanup