Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #1
CateP

Default House Closing

Well today is the BIG day!! I am going to close on my new house in Wolfeboro in one hour. Incredible journey. For those of you who are thinking of moving here and living here full-time, I offer this advice:
  • Spend at least a month or more in the area you think you want to move to
  • Rent first if possible
  • Read the local paper and go to as many local events as you can
  • Get involved in community groups or activities you love
  • Talk to store owners and others you meet and let them know you are new (it's amazing how people will respond)
  • Listen to people
  • Put on your diplomat hat and be sensitive to local ways
  • Make an effort to talk to people who are not like you, you would be amazed at what you will learn
  • Make sure you feel like you can integrate into the area easily and LOVE what goes on (if you feel some things are lacking, you may not be happy)
  • If you are coming from the "rat race" (NJ,NY,MA) be ready to put down your sword and relax. People are generally a lot less stressed here and smiles are more common than frowns.
  • If you are a "gay, liberal, tree-hugger"...yes even you, will find friends, open minds and hearts.
CateP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CateP For This Useful Post:
beaner (03-30-2012), DRH (03-30-2012), Drummer Girl (03-29-2012), GsChinadoll (03-29-2012), Jonas Pilot (03-29-2012), Kamper (03-30-2012), mcdude (03-29-2012), neonphd (03-29-2012), NickNH (03-29-2012), Pontoon Goon (03-31-2012)